Barefoot beach cabana

Just to be clear, the $495 price is for an over the water, correct?

The standard cabana that holds you and 5 friends is around $250.

As a D+ I have never had the opportunity to select an OTW back when they were under $300 anyway.

I thought the minimum was $295 now.

Maybe, it was $250 at Coco Cay. Haven't been to Labadee since last year. They were $175 then.

I guess my point is that the higher prices work out better for the non suite, D+ passenger as the availability of securing a cabana used to be much more difficult and the BB experience was a nice upgrade.

Also if you can amortize the cost over several people there is value.

Edited by John&LaLa

Maybe, it was $250 at Coco Cay. Haven't been to Labadee since last year. They were $175 then.

I guess my point is that the higher prices work out better for the non suite, D+ passenger as the availability of securing a cabana used to be much more difficult and the BB experience was a nice upgrade.

Also if you can amortize the cost over several people there is value.

Last time we were at Labadee we shared a cabana with DS and her BF. I think as I recall it was $200 per couple - so around $400 for the day. I distinctly remember thinking, this will be the last time I purchase a cabana. FWIW, NCL cabanas at their private island in the Bahamas was similarly ridiculous.

Last December, on our Granduer cruise was had OW1 and paid $250. While walking around Bare Foot Beach we noticed that over 50% of the cabanas we empty. In the past when two ships have been in port almost all of the cabanas are rented. Friends of our were recently at Labadee and noted that only 4 cabanas (standard) were rented. Most cruisers seem to resent paying the increased price. But if they only rent 30% of the cabanas at the new rate RCI breaks even.

I am going out in the limb, but I believe the new prices are geared toward suite guest on the Oasis and Quantum Class ships!

Last December, on our Granduer cruise was had OW1 and paid $250. While walking around Bare Foot Beach we noticed that over 50% of the cabanas we empty. In the past when two ships have been in port almost all of the cabanas are rented. Friends of our were recently at Labadee and noted that only 4 cabanas (standard) were rented. Most cruisers seem to resent paying the increased price. But if they only rent 30% of the cabanas at the new rate RCI breaks even.

I am going out in the limb, but I believe the new prices are geared toward suite guest on the Oasis and Quantum Class ships!

Does the Genie have a beach outfit

Only, if they looked like Barbara Eden!

Since, you live in Cocoa Beach you probably see all sorts of genie customs on the beach:D.

I know when I cruised out of there, I was always amazed on what I saw people wearing:eek:.

Only, if they looked like Barbara Eden!

Since, you live in Cocoa Beach you probably see all sorts of genie customs on the beach:D.

I know when I cruised out of there, I was always amazed on what I saw people wearing:eek:.

We had a half Marathon last October and there was an entire Jeanie division. Over 150 entrants I believe. Barbara Eden crowned the winners.

I was serious about an official beach outfit though. and maybe a purple golf cart. ;)

For starters, you could select a std cabana. ;)

Just priced them this week through the Freedom Concierge.

Barefoot Beach cabana prices:

Standard = $295

Hilltop = $395

Water Front = $395

Over the Water = $495

Standard = $295

Hilltop = $395

Water Front = $395

Over the Water = $495

Thanks for the update.

I wonder if the Coco Cay cabanas have also gone up like this? I'll know in a few weeks I guess.

Thanks for the update.

I wonder if the Coco Cay cabanas have also gone up like this? I'll know in a few weeks I guess.

I'm kind of curious why a hilltop would be higher than a standard. Am I missing something. Is it the view? :confused:

Of course you are correct...not only that but at times there can be two ships docked at Labadee...It's very doubtful that cabana's at Labadee Barefoot Beach are sitting empty... anyone regardless of cabin category or C&A level can request to be put on a waitlist for these.

Doubt all you want. The last few times I was there, there were MANY empty/unused cabanas.

We have rented them twice in the past and always got the standards near the entrance gate, bar, rest rooms, and food.

I would still pay $295 for one if they hadn't changed our October itinerary to drop Labadee.

Each time we had small kids so being close to rest rooms and having the large beach area between the cabana and the water was a plus for us.

OH, and being close to the bar was a plus for me.

Personally, I never saw the draw for the OTW or Hilltop.

Edited by jamesr3939

Standard = $295

Hilltop = $395

Water Front = $395

Over the Water = $495

Same price as our Oasis cruise last week.

They were $250 on Freedom in March. We didn't tender, though

We last paid $200, so not as bad an increase as Labadee. Coco Cay also gives a fruit plate, champagne, water, floating mats, and 2 snorkel equipment rentals. Last time we were in a cabana at Labadee, we got water and floating mats.

Not sure the prices are keeping people from the cabana's at barefoot. We're in a non-genie suite 5/15 on Allure. Reached out to the concierge yesterday. They claim only standard and hilltop are available. Now, could they be holding the OTW and beachfront back for the genie suites? Likely. Won't pay that price for OTW but we asked to be put on the wait list for the beach cabana. Even that's outrageously priced.

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure the prices are keeping people from the cabana's at barefoot. We're in a non-genie suite 5/15 on Allure. Reached out to the concierge yesterday. They claim only standard and hilltop are available. Now, could they be holding the OTW and beachfront back for the genie suites? Likely. Won't pay that price for OTW but we asked to be put on the wait list for the beach cabana. Even that's outrageously priced.

I also emailed the concierge today regarding our Allure cruise on 5/29. We are in a non-genie suite and I requested one of the beach cabanas. They wrote back saying that the beach cabanas weren't available but they would put me on the list and let me know closer to our sailing. I agree that they may be holding them back for the genie suites:) We shall see!

• 1 month later...
Is it possible to reserve a cabana on barefoot beach prior to departure or do you have to wait until you are on board? What are the odds that you can/cannot get one?

HI, email the concierge and request a cabana. I am sailing in July and tried to book one back in October they told me I had to wait 2 weeks prior to sailing to book a cabana (on barefoot beach) - I emailed yesterday, over 4 weeks prior to sailing to be told that all the Overwater cabanas had now been sold but there were still some standard and hill top ones left.

Don't wait for them to contact you!!!!

Same price as our Oasis cruise last week.

I just got these prices from the concierge for a July sailing on the Allure

Standard Cabanas $ 295.00

Hilltop Cabanas $ 395.00

Beach Cabana $ 395.00

I just got these prices from the concierge for a July sailing on the Allure

Standard Cabanas $ 295.00

Hilltop Cabanas $ 395.00

Beach Cabana $ 395.00

I believe the over-water cabana is up to $495 now.

Standard = $295

Hilltop = $395

Water Front = $395

Over the Water = $495

I guess my Nellies OTW for $250 on Freedom in 2015 is a "been there, done that" thing that won't be repeated. I don't think we got to ours till 10am and the wife wanted to shop a few minutes, so we abandoned ours at 3, so that was $250 for 5 hours.

We did a beach front on Barefoot because we had my son, his wife, and their 1 year old with us. Just the two of us are going back in October. Not sure what we will do.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk