Chefs table

tinkr2

Just got off of the Breakaway and there was no Chef's Table on this cruise (or apparently on the prior one.)

When I first boarded, I inquired about it and was told that the Chef's Table was no longer offered. However, the Haven concierge took my name and said if they got 8 people (minimum) then they would do it. (Obviously, they did not find 6 others who were interested in it. On the first day when all of the menus of the specialty restaurants (to encourage reservations) are on display in front of Le Bistro, the Chef's Table menu was there so at least in theory, it was still being offered on this cruise.)

Later in the cruise, I met the executive chef of the Haven restaurant and asked him why the Chef's Table was not being offered. He said that basically, it was too expensive to do (even though the price had been raised to $109 p/p.) He also said that as far as he knew, as of May 1, *fleet-wide*, the Chef's Table was going away. (When I asked him if he enjoyed doing the Chef's Table because it could give him the opportunity to get a bit creative and cook off of the regular menu, he was honest in saying that the menu for the Chef's Table is *exactly* the same from ship to ship so he was in essence just recreating the same thing over and over.)

(When I asked him if he enjoyed doing the Chef's Table because it could give him the opportunity to get a bit creative and cook off of the regular menu, he was honest in saying that the menu for the Chef's Table is *exactly* the same from ship to ship so he was in essence just recreating the same thing over and over.)

And the menu has been the same the whole time Chef's Table has been offered too, it has been never changed.

It really is a wonderful experience. I have done it twice on NCL and ton Carnival. Both were wonderful in different ways.

On my last Jewel cruise not enough people signed up so it was cancelled.

I will not try on my next NCL cruise as I have the UDP.

And part of the allure is experiencing some new dishes and I have already had the original menu twice. Carnival has had more than one Chef Table menu.

So I will ask my concierge...

Do you get all of the food listed or a choose 1 in each category. Is the wine a pairing like RCCL or an AYCD wine like Carnival?

You get everything on the menu. Now, on Jade, our chef did not make the whatever and lavender lavosh, so they may have some kind of leeway.

It includes a before dinner sparkling wine, then unlimited pouring of the 3 wines that are paired with the courses (1 sweet white, 1 dry white and something red, I think it's printed on the menu). They just kept coming around and topping up the glasses.

Here are pictures and descriptions from our Chefs Table in March on Jade:

(Starts at post #50)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2327625&page=3

Hope that helps!