weather today on the silhouette trans

Wj420

45-55 mph winds with seas 12-15 feet. Rainy and very " an affair to remember"! The ship is amazingly steady though not many passengers seem to up and around. After 7 beautiful days of crossing we were due. Tomorrow we get to Lisbon. The eight seas days are going so quickly. What a relaxing voyage!

Sorry the weather has let you down today..Hope you continue to enjoy your cruise.

Have a great time in Lisbon, beautiful city, but watch your bag/pockets, only place we have ever been robbed....

Sounds like the tail end of our Tasmen Sea crossing last November. Two days of pleasant seas followed by a few hours of 60 knot winds and huge seats as we came out of Doubtful Sound. The ship did handle it well but we were forced to skip Dusky Sound and beat our way around to the calmer side of the the South Island. Please take care of "our" ship. We are booked for a Sept 3 sailing.

45-55 mph winds with seas 12-15 feet. Rainy and very " an affair to remember"! The ship is amazingly steady though not many passengers seem to up and around. After 7 beautiful days of crossing we were due. Tomorrow we get to Lisbon. The eight seas days are going so quickly. What a relaxing voyage!

You are approaching the 'Bay.' Glad your seas are only 12-15 ft!:eek:

Try 40ft, which we encountered leaving Bilbao in Oct 2015 on Infinity.

The Captain had asked to stay in port, but was told by Miami that we would be safer at sea ( the ship would have been damaged by being beaten against the sea wall)

We were in an upgraded FV cabin corner (9156) and slid up and down the bed, as the ship rolled from side to side. The contents of the fridge emptied, so I have vowed to stick to my booked mid ships cabin in future.

You are approaching the 'Bay.' Glad your seas are only 12-15 ft!:eek:

Try 40ft, which we encountered leaving Bilbao in Oct 2015 on Infinity.

The Captain had asked to stay in port, but was told by Miami that we would be safer at sea ( the ship would have been damaged by being beaten against the sea wall)

We were in an upgraded FV cabin corner (9156) and slid up and down the bed, as the ship rolled from side to side. The contents of the fridge emptied, so I have vowed to stick to my booked mid ships cabin in future.

We had a similar experience on our first cruise (35 ft, not quite as tall ;)).

After a couple of nights fearing the ship might split in half (Disney ship and we saw how they built it!) and almost kissing the ground when getting back, we also now always try to book midship.:eek:

You'll be glad to get to Portugal! We had 20 ft. seas for about a day and a half on a westbound TA a few years ago, just outside of Spain. We missed two days in the Azores as scheduled and had two days in northern Spain instead. Apparently we missed 40-50 ft. seas. I can't even imagine what that would be like.

20 ft. was enough! We aren't bothered by them, as far as seasickness (thank goodness) but walking straight was kind of an adventure and showering - I had to laugh the entire time! Half the ship was sick and things were rocking and rolling all over the ship, dining venues were half empty. I felt bad for those affected by motion.