Has The Quest been toned down recently?

We recently did a B2B on the Rhapsody and on the first leg it was mostly G rated....but the second leg had many more Brazilians and Australians and it was quite a bit more risque...Same CD on both. I have found that Caribbean cruises have been the R rated ones...

The Quest is awesome! So much fun!

It can make the adults uncomfortable or inhibited to have the kids there!

I can't go into Adventure Ocean.

Kids shouldn't go to The Quest.

There are always some parents who have to take their kids everywhere even though there is a time and place for them, or not.

Is that sentence correct? It's too late for me to think. :o

There are always some parents who have to take their kids everywhere even though there is a time and place for them, or not.

Is that sentence correct? It's too late for me to think. :o

I agree, The Quest should be 18+ only.

You know it's going to be an R rated Quest when the CD or Activities Manager strongly advises that young kids leave the room at the beginning. Ricky Matthews, Drew Devine, Becky (Activities Manger), & Keith Williams do get R rated Quests. Enjoyed the Quest with Carly B and Becky co-hosting.

Also enjoyed the Quest with Richard Spacey.

Mitch Merucci did the worst Quest in my opinion. My first Quest was with Dennis.

My last 2 Quests were on Back to Back nights on the Enchantment with the Activities Manager (can't remember his name, only that it was long). The 4 night was his first cruise back from break, and the Quest was on the last night. There was a concert open to the whole ship from a private group that cruise at the same time as the Quest. Thought his Quest was lame, trying to get too much audience participation by making everyone stand up and dance to music in between "quests" and deducting points if some people on your team didn't stand up. First time I left the Quest in progress, and I went and enjoyed the 2nd half of the concert at the other end of the ship.

Next night on the 3 night, the Quest was held on the first night due to Halloween the next day. First time I experienced the Quest on the 1st night. Same Activities Manager, different shirt, but same Quest as night before, with a different audience. This Quest had more energy, more participation.

Long story short, there are 3 factors in play for a great Quest:

1) Depends on your CD and/or AM

2) Night Quest is scheduled (last night vs. earlier in cruise)

3) Your fellow cruisers attending the Quest

We just had a great Quest with Mike Hunnerup on Vision last week- they were over 30 teams participating.

And I totally agree with the previous posters- there are places I will take my DD onboard, such as to a specialty restaurant, but she has yet to experience Quest, so she can either hang in the teen club or our cabin.

At first, they didn't have Quest, saying that there was no reasonable place to have it. (Quantum). They tried it in the SeaPlex. Problematic.

Abe asked to try it in Two70. Management said that it couldn't work in there. He begged. They tried.

It works. It's a little odd, but it works. I guess that it works because people really WANT it to work.

You really should try the Anthem! ;)

Abe is only on Anthem until the end of the current sailing. He will be back for July and August. Then his rotation will be 16 weeks off, followed by 8 weeks onboard. So, it's more likely moving forward that Dru Pavlov will be hosting Quest onboard Anthem, as he is the alternating CD with the 16 weeks onboard, followed by 8 weeks off contract. (Unless the schedule changes, of course)

As someone else mentioned, I imagine the CDs have toned things down ever since Leigh was dismissed for "a lapse in judgment" on Indy. Even without knowing the specifics of that incident, if I were a CD, I know I would be more cautious.

Edited by DonnaK

Our last Quest was Brilliance OTS in January and it was the tamest I'd ever seen. They only chose 4 teams, 3 of which seemed prepared to do anything. Most risqué part was men changing into women's clothes, and one team captain wouldn't do it. I also think the CD exercised certain controls due to the rowdiness of the crowd before it even started. And, he also said anyone pulling an item out of a prepared bag would be disqualified. It made for a tame, but still fun, Quest.

PS: One of the four team captains, when it came time to take off his shirt, appeared to be wearing some kind of dog harness. Very strange.....:eek:

Now I'm really curious about what happened at that Quest that could have ushered Leigh out?

On our last sailing (New Years) on the Indy, it was one of the best Quest's we've attended. Had a great chat with Leigh about it afterwards. LOL, he scolded DD for exposing a bit TOO much at one point.

It SO depends on the CD. We are sailing on the Grandeur in a couple of weeks (with John Blair), and based on personal experience, it will be one of the boring Quests. I've also noticed, if there are a lot of children in the audience, they tend to tone it WAY down.

My son remembers that Leigh and Frank both touched a few women's breasts several times otherwise it was no different than other quests we have attended. I thought Leigh was one of the best CD, but I could see why this crossed the line.

Edited by alexkrn46

It can make the adults uncomfortable or inhibited to have the kids there!

I can't go into Adventure Ocean.

Kids shouldn't go to The Quest.

ITA

This past summer on Indy there was a group in the front row full of kids. Leigh kept warning them that they really should leave. But they all stayed.

Ha ha!

The funniest, most risque Quest I ever attended was back in 2010 on the Serenade when Dennis was the CD. A few years later sailing on the Jewel, his Quest was one of the most boring ever. What a difference a few years made :(

As you remember I was there with you on that 2nd Jewel Quest with Dennis. I described it as an OK Quest. The next time I was on Jewel with Carly out of San Juan that one was a snoozer and she told you so right off the bat. She is still my least favorite CD, though she was nice personally.