Has The Quest been toned down recently?

I just got off a four night cruise on the Independence, my seventh RCI sailing. I've seen the Quest every time, but this year it seemed like it wasn't as risqué or edgy as I've seen in years past. Is this a concerted change to tone things down, or could my experience just have been a one-time fluke?

We've been on the Indy and Navigator twice in the last 12 months. The Quest is always a little different depending on the Cruise Director and their staff. They have to switch it up a little bit to keep it fresh and to keep the participants on edge to what will happen next.

JoeRum

Hi!

Did my 10th Quest (or so) this past September on the Jewel with Dennis Charles as CD. We had a couple cruising with us on their very first cruise, so their very first Quest as well. I wouldn't tell them all the details, so as not to give it away or spoil it for them, but I did tell them it was not for the shy or bashful.

I was wrong! Either it was the destination (Alaska) or the CD (Dennis) but it was quite G-rated, calm and very short. Still funny and worth going (we won!) but not ANYTHING like I was used to or expecting (Richard Spacey, Allan Brooks, Leigh Xuereb & Erky!) etc.

I'm set for the Harmony in January - wondering how that one might compare?!?

- Miriam

I've seen all levels of Quest--seems to vary not only by cruise director but also by who they have for passengers that week.

(so, for example, Bill something or other who felt like he was straight out of 1964 was always very G rated----but we had back to backs with Mercedes (or maybe it was Simona?) as CD once and she geared it VERY differently for the sailing which was mostly Italian guests (quite risque) than for the following week which was mostly German guests, and mostly older guests.

Edited by NHDisneylover

I just got off a four night cruise on the Independence, my seventh RCI sailing. I've seen the Quest every time, but this year it seemed like it wasn't as risqué or edgy as I've seen in years past. Is this a concerted change to tone things down, or could my experience just have been a one-time fluke?

We were on Leigh's last cruise on IOS and I am guessing the Quest had something to do with his dismissal.i enjoyed it but it was edgy so I can see why the next CD would tone it down.

Went to Quest on Jewel March 2016 (our team took third, which was a bunch of crock, our number was called first most of the time) and it was the lamest tamest Quest I've been to. No bras, no pants, no sex on the floor. The CD was Dennis Charles.

Not only have they become PG-13 they never ever seem to change.

Hail to the CD who thinks up something original...

Agreed. I always found them much more entertaining on the smaller ships, but that might just be me [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were on Leigh's last cruise on IOS and I am guessing the Quest had something to do with his dismissal.i enjoyed it but it was edgy so I can see why the next CD would tone it down.

Sounds like you may have just nailed it. Thanks!

The first Quest I saw was on Oasis, CD was Ricky Matthews. It was MADNESS but we were DYING...lost our voices from all the screaming and laughing! Back then, it was called the "Adult Quest" and I noticed it's now just called the "Quest" so I wondered if they toned it down...guess it all depends on the CD.

Hope to see it on our upcoming Allure cruise!! It's definitely a good time, even if it does get toned down!

Now I'm really curious about what happened at that Quest that could have ushered Leigh out?

On our last sailing (New Years) on the Indy, it was one of the best Quest's we've attended. Had a great chat with Leigh about it afterwards. LOL, he scolded DD for exposing a bit TOO much at one point.

It SO depends on the CD. We are sailing on the Grandeur in a couple of weeks (with John Blair), and based on personal experience, it will be one of the boring Quests. I've also noticed, if there are a lot of children in the audience, they tend to tone it WAY down.