Upgrade?

emzz_02

Hey all,

My partner and I are going on our firs cruise in feb to NZ on the Emerald. Previously we booked into a forward balcony cabin L243 and have now been offered an upgrade to a mid forward C255 balcony cabin. Thoughts on this upgrade? Worthwhile or no?

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

I'd consider that an upgrade but it depends on how you like to cruise. The Lido deck cabin is under a pool and sun deck, and directly under the beauty salon. If you like to spend a bit of time in your cabin during the day, it could get noisy. Check whether your Caribe deck balcony is covered or not. If you like to spend time on your balcony this can make all the difference as some balcony cabins have no protection from the sun or rain.

If the gym is not overhead, I would go the other way and stay on Lido deck. So very convenient to the pools, hottubs, gym and buffet.

Pretty much nailed the reason why we chose Lido to begin with, as well as the not being able to be looked at on our balcony reason as well. But we're young and climbing some stairs to get to the Buffet and pools won't be a bad thing!!

Pretty much nailed the reason why we chose Lido to begin with, as well as the not being able to be looked at on our balcony reason as well. But we're young and climbing some stairs to get to the Buffet and pools won't be a bad thing!!

Yes its a great location, if we are sailing on the cheap, we will go for an inside on lido, since its usually the lowest category anyway.