Voom 30% off, I have ????'s

We've never used the internet services offered by RCI on prior cruises but this special has my interest.

Before I go any further.... does Adventure have VOOM ?

OK, I just saw on my cruise planner that the discount of 30% is being offered. So I looked around a bit. It said SURF, 2 devices, but it also said per person. price is $156.73 So... if I use my phone & the wife's iPad, (2 devices) Im good, correct?

If I add the DW (on the per person basis), it jumps to $235.06 So, as I understand this as 2 people w/ 2 devices ea would actually be 4 devices. Correct?

I've also noticed that there are different types of packages as well...

VOOM SURF & STREAM & also VOOM SURF. I understand this as two different products being offered, correct?

Thanks for any input!

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

We've never used the internet services offered by RCI on prior cruises but this special has my interest.

OK, I just saw on my cruise planner that the discount of 30% is being offered. So I surfed a bit. It said SURF, 2 devices, but it also said per person. price is $156.73 So... if I use my phone & the wife's iPad, Im good, correct?

If I add the DW (on theper person basis), it jumps to $235.06 So, as I understand this, 2 people, 2 devices is actually 4 devices. Correct?

VOOM SURF & STREAM & also VOOM SURF. I understand this as two different products being offered, correct?

Thanks for any input!

I have been looking at it also for an upcoming cruise. From what I understand one of you purchase and you can use any two devices at same time. So your phone and your wife's ipad. Only one of you needs to purchase.

OK, I just saw on my cruise planner that the discount of 30% is being offered. So I looked around a bit. It said SURF, 2 devices, but it also said per person. price is $156.73 So... if I use my phone & the wife's iPad, (2 devices) Im good, correct?

If I add the DW (on the per person basis), it jumps to $235.06 So, as I understand this as 2 people w/ 2 devices ea would actually be 4 devices. Correct?

Thanks for any input!

Unless either you OR your wife need to use two devices at the same time, you don't need the four device package. One two-device package should suffice.

Unless either you OR your wife need to use two devices at the same time, you don't need the four device package. One two-device package should suffice.

Thanks. This is what I thought. To be honest though, I expected a few 'no sharing' comments too. :D

Of course all this is worthless time if the Adventure does not have VOOM. As I heard the internet service (non Voom) is pretty bad. It is listed in the Cruise Planner for my cruise, along w/ the discount. But we all recognize the RCI site leaves alot to be desired at times.

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin

Bob, from what I can understand, RCI now has a tiered level of internet performance. Voom Surf & Stream & also Voom Surf. I take it that the diffence is the speed etc, in that one allows for the streaming of sports, movies etc. and the other does not. Would this be correct? as there is a different cost associated with each.

Bob, from what I can understand, RCI now has a tiered level of internet performance. Voom Surf & Stream & also Voom Surf. I take it that the diffence is the speed etc, in that one allows for the streaming of sports, movies etc. and the other does not. Would this be correct? as there is a different cost associated with each.

When we get some feedback we will know for sure.

The difference can be speed as you mention.

It can also be something more sophisticated where they actively block video streaming, but give you the same speed.

Or a combination where they give you full speed up to some rate limit, then bring your speed down for a while.

Or something else entirely.

There are going to be some seriously pi$$ed off people on lots of ships when they find out there' no Voom - regardless of how many assurances they got before the cruise. And then to confuse folks with various tiers and prices. Has this distracted enough from the CF that is Empress?:cool:

On my December Freedom cruise (which does have Voom) the planner lists both the old price ($20/day one device) plus all the new tiered Voom plans - what a confusing mess.

And, like their never ending promos for cruises, the Voom 30% off for a limited time - what a crock.

Edited by Biker19

Which pricing would be better, the 30% off or the Diamond+ discount? I don't recall what we paid for our 7 night cruise with the D+ discount and our next cruise is a 7 night. Anyone have an opinion?

I don't imagine the D+ discount would apply to the 30% off.

. Anyone have an opinion?

Yes, don't fall for the marketing BS. Use your 4 free days sometime during the 7 days and don't worry about what the price of Internet is.Or use 4 free days at the front end of the cruise and see if you can buy Internet for only the last 3 days - that will be cheaper than this 30% off package.

And of course the big one - realize that only 6 ships have Voom (+Harmony next month) and will likely not be available on others for several months.

Edited by Biker19

And of course the big one - realize that only 6 ships have Voom (+Harmony next month) and will likely not be available on others for several months.

Do you happen to know which are the 6 ships?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Yes, don't fall for the marketing BS. Use your 4 free days sometime during the 7 days and don't worry about what the price of Internet is.Or use 4 free days at the front end of the cruise and see if you can buy Internet for only the last 3 days - that will be cheaper than this 30% off package.

Which ships have VOOM? For our upcoming cruise on Brilliance we have an offer of 30% off VOOM Surf Voyage Package - 1 Device for 9.99 per day. Could they advertise VOOM if the ship didn't have it?

And if we got this could we use 2 devices, just not at the same time?

Which ships have VOOM? For our upcoming cruise on Brilliance we have an offer of 30% off VOOM Surf Voyage Package - 1 Device for 9.99 per day. Could they advertise VOOM if the ship didn't have it?

And if we got this could we use 2 devices, just not at the same time?

See post #15.

Correct on the device question.

Oasis, Allure, Quantum, Anthem, Ovation, Freedom.

Thank you Bob. We have just paid for this on our Indy TA next week. I think we'll be requesting a refund. I trust your knowledge far more than I trust their website!!!! [emoji57]

Sally

Thank you Bob. We have just paid for this on our Indy TA next week. I think we'll be requesting a refund. I trust your knowledge far more than I trust their website!!!! [emoji57]

Sally

Well, you might want to consider that even if they don't have Voom, the price you are getting for internet is much better than it has been recently. In other words, if you were going to buy internet anyhow, then I'd keep your purchase.

Well, you might want to consider that even if they don't have Voom, the price you are getting for internet is much better than it has been recently. In other words, if you were going to buy internet anyhow, then I'd keep your purchase.

That's a good point... ! Yes hubs will probably be happy with something rather than nothing. I will post back if Voom is available or not. Thank you again

Wasn't going to bother with the Internet for my upcoming package but couldn't resist that offer only 34 days to go I'll wait and see if it's voom or just the slow internet but at €1:50 a text home and 4-5 texts a day voom at €7:30 a day is a winner happy days