RHAPSODY - Has She Had Any Recent Rebuilds or Drydocks????

DHADEN

Can anyone tell us about the last time Rhapsody went into "DryDock" or had a "Rebuild"????

I thought she had been through a rebuild a couple of years ago, but not sure. Now we are hearing rumors that she will be going in for a few weeks in Oct. of 2017.

Does anyone know for sure????

Edited by DHADEN

Can anyone tell us about the last time Rhapsody went into "DryDock" or had a "Rebuild"????

I thought she had been through a rebuild a couple of years ago, but not sure. Now we are hearing rumors that she will be going in for a few weeks in Oct. of 2017.

Does anyone know for sure????

I believe Rhapsody was last dry docked in the first half of 2012.

I believe Rhapsody was last dry docked in the first half of 2012.

That is correct. "In April 2012, the ship received a US$54 million dry dock refit which added addition staterooms, an outdoor movie screen near the pool, new dining venues, digital signage, Wi-Fi internet access, concierge and diamond lounges, and a nursery."

Here's some more information about the 2012 dry dock.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSiteletSub.do?pagename=sub_royal_advantage_RH&pagenameMain=royal_advantage_main

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO1wuy3m3AQ

Rhapsody is currently scheduled for another dry dock, tentatively December 2016.

That is correct. "In April 2012, the ship received a US$54 million dry dock refit which added addition staterooms, an outdoor movie screen near the pool, new dining venues, digital signage, Wi-Fi internet access, concierge and diamond lounges, and a nursery."

Here's some more information about the 2012 dry dock.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentSiteletSub.do?pagename=sub_royal_advantage_RH&pagenameMain=royal_advantage_main

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO1wuy3m3AQ

Rhapsody is currently scheduled for another dry dock, tentatively December 2016.

Thanks for the info everyone.

Just FYI, the Rhapsody has Itineraries (7-night Caribbean Cruises out of Tampa, FL) all through the month of Dec. 2016. However, she does NOT have any itineraries posted for Oct. of 2017 UNTIL the Repo to Tampa on the 23rd. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info everyone.

Just FYI, the Rhapsody has Itineraries (7-night Caribbean Cruises out of Tampa, FL) all through the month of Dec. 2016. However, she does NOT have any itineraries posted for Oct. of 2017 UNTIL the Repo to Tampa on the 23rd. :rolleyes:

I recently emailed RC to find out about the dry dock schedule because we are on the 12/10 sailing. They responded that she will be in dry dock on 11/3. Sailing transatlantic on 11/23. Starts sailing out of Tampa to Caribbean 12/3. They did not provide any details of what work will be done. Happy sailing!!

I recently emailed RC to find out about the dry dock schedule because we are on the 12/10 sailing. They responded that she will be in dry dock on 11/3. Sailing transatlantic on 11/23. Starts sailing out of Tampa to Caribbean 12/3. They did not provide any details of what work will be done. Happy sailing!!

Thank you for the dry dock update Sue!

The website that has cruise deck plans (nod nod wink wink)

has this for Rhapsody.

"Next drydock Dec 2016."

Considering that there are sailings scheduled for that time and we were are only 7 months away, I say that is a misprint.

The website that has cruise deck plans (nod nod wink wink)

has this for Rhapsody.

"Next drydock Dec 2016."

Royal Caribbean's website says "more to love coming in December". There is a break in her schedule the beginning of November, so I'm guessing she relaunches in December.

Edited by MissCheekx

Royal Caribbean's website says "more to love coming in December". There is a break in her schedule the beginning of November, so I'm guessing she relaunches in December.

I don't recall where I got the info, but I have a note that says Rhapsody's dry dock is Nov 3, 2016 to Nov 23, 2016 in Cadiz

I received an email from RC that indicated she will be in dry dock November 3rd before her transatlantic November 23. No indication what her makeover will be. Happy sailing!

Might not be any makeover at all, could be just marine maintenance.

I don't recall where I got the info, but I have a note that says Rhapsody's dry dock is Nov 3, 2016 to Nov 23, 2016 in Cadiz

The TA starts, Nov 19 from Malaga (cruise before that ends in Barcelona on Nov 3) - which is a bit unusual as is the fact that only insides are showing for inventory.

The following cruise starts in Tampa on Dec 3,but the ship gets to Mia on Dec 2 on the TA - what gives?

Edited by Biker19

The TA starts, Nov 19 from Malaga (cruise before that ends in Barcelona on Nov 3) - which is a bit unusual as is the fact that only insides are showing for inventory.

Thanks, I'll modify my note.

Honestly, whenever it is - it is needed. We sailed the Rhapsody May/June of 2015 and there were areas that needed replacement. The carpets in MANY areas were worn down to the burlap backing. I don't recall seeing such poor standards on any RCCL ship.

M

We are on Rhapsody @ the end of April for the repo from TPA to NJ.

HOPEFULLY by then the dust will have settled (literally), the bugs have been

worked out and the cruise actually happens!

So looking forward to 6 pleasant days at sea and the ABC islands.

We are on Rhapsody @ the end of April for the repo from TPA to NJ.

HOPEFULLY by then the dust will have settled (literally), the bugs have been

worked out and the cruise actually happens!

So looking forward to 6 pleasant days at sea and the ABC islands.

Are you booked on the April 29th, 2017? Are you familiar with the Rollcall Board? It's where you can meet others that are on the same cruise and plan stuff together.

Come join the rollcall:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2344003

We already have quite a group that are meeting each other and having fun.

The following cruise starts in Tampa on Dec 3,but the ship gets to Mia on Dec 2 on the TA - what gives?

I received an email from RC that indicated she will be in dry dock November 3rd before her transatlantic November 23. No indication what her makeover will be. Happy sailing!

Ok, so if this is true, then What is the Rhapsody doing from Oct. 1st through the 22nd of 2017??? There is no itinerary for those days.

We are on board Rhapsody this coming December out of Tampa.

12/10 is hopefully a good date to keep in case of "burps" in the dry dock

schedule.

Looking forward to our first relationship with Rhapsody! :)

Ok, so if this is true, then What is the Rhapsody doing from Oct. 1st through the 22nd of 2017??? There is no itinerary for those days.

That's a separate issue - we are talking about this year, not 2017. I'm assuming that part of the schedule is just not out yet or something else is going on, but I doubt another drydock 10 months after the one this year.

Yeah, she might use a drydock. I was onboard her last january. One day the A/C simply stopped working on the common areas, the ship became very hot that night... The ceiling started to "sweat" at some points. Everything was really weird, and there was definitely something wrong there that day. Good thing that, my cabin at least, wasn't affected. It was the only place cool on the ship.

Besides that, she wasn't in great shape, but nothing terrible or even noticiable for most of the passengers. I've seen way worst ships in that sense.

DSCN9482.JPG

Edited by Brazilian Guy

Bob is correct. They cancelled our Fall TA for a charter and this drydock. The December drydock may have been planned for Freeport once she arrived in PC.

Suites are sold out. I am booked in Suite and pretty much everyone in the roll call are in a suite as well.

Non revenue to position ship in Tampa