Are there any cruise lines that allow you to stay at a port for a week?

sa cruiser52

Are there any cruise lines that allow you to stay for a week at a given port to be picked up and returned home on the same cruise line? I know this is a weird question but my hubby doesn't fly and there are sooo many islands we would like to explore more than one day. Any input would be appreciated.

Buy or lease a sailboat or motor yacht. Available with or without crew (bareboat I believe that is called). The boat becomes your floating hotel, set your own itinerary, stay wherever for as long as you like. Take along a few friends or family to split the cost.

Actually, there is another possibility. I'm surprised no one has suggested it. Take an Hawaiian cruise from the West coast to Hawaii. Instead of flying back, take a return cruise from Hawaii back to the mainland. Yes, that would mean two separate cruises, but they would be complete cruises. You wouldn't have to lose part of a cruise to stay in Hawaii for a while. Not sure how much it would cost, but if money isn't an issue, it's doable.;):)

Actually, there is another possibility. I'm surprised no one has suggested it. Take an Hawaiian cruise from the West coast to Hawaii. Instead of flying back, take a return cruise from Hawaii back to the mainland. Yes, that would mean two separate cruises, but they would be complete cruises. You wouldn't have to lose part of a cruise to stay in Hawaii for a while. Not sure how much it would cost, but if money isn't an issue, it's doable.;):)

Sorry, you can't do this. It is transporting passengers from one US port to another without visiting a DISTANT foreign port (South America) so would violate the PVSA - Passenger Vessel Services Act. Oh, and because of this, there are no cruises from the west coast to Hawaii. They are all round trip. EM

Sorry, you can't do this. It is transporting passengers from one US port to another without visiting a DISTANT foreign port (South America) so would violate the PVSA - Passenger Vessel Services Act. Oh, and because of this, there are no cruises from the west coast to Hawaii. They are all round trip. EM

Vancouver is on the west coast, though it's Canada's west coast. That's why they can do one way cruises to/from Hawaii.

Are there any cruise lines that allow you to stay for a week at a given port to be picked up and returned home on the same cruise line? I know this is a weird question but my hubby doesn't fly and there are sooo many islands we would like to explore more than one day. Any input would be appreciated.

If ya like Canada

You can do 2 weeks at a port.

Book NCL's Dawns first seasonal cruise to Boston Quebec city.

Stay 2 weeks.

Book NCL Dawn Quebec to Boston.

Edited by biker@sea

Vancouver is on the west coast, though it's Canada's west coast. That's why they can do one way cruises to/from Hawaii.

Yes, but they are usually seasonal repo cruises, so they wouldn't have a way back to the mainland for months...EM

But the OP didn't say anything about visiting a distant foreign port. She just wanted to know if it would be possible to take a cruise to a port, stay there for a while, then return without having to fly. I simply suggested a possibility.

Thank-you. This is exactly what I meant.