All Access Tour

Thanks so much Bob! That's what I was afraid of.

I wish Bob's answer was inaccurate....but the All Access Tour does have lots of staircases and some of them are steep.

We loved it when we did it, but it had winding staircases.

Thanks so much Paulette! We did a behind the scenes stage tour on Oasis & it was fantastic. Hubby & I want so badly to do this tour, but he definitely could not do steep, winding stairs. Was so hoping they maybe had a way he could "scoot" around the stair parts :).

The tour lasts around 3 hours and you see the bridge, engine control room, laundry, crew rec areas, crew mess, galley, and more. Most who report their experience here say that they were glad to have done it.

That is what I would say, I'm glad I did it. We used OBC, so I sort of didn't pay actual cash. I've followed the reports and bean counters have trimmed this back from what it was originally according to many early reviews. I also got a lazy guide, I talked with people on the tour before us and they saw/did more. Still, it was a very good experience.

PS, if you do this, you are supposed to get paperwork a day or two ahead with a meeting time and waiver forms. If you don't have it the night before your turn, check with guest services. We almost missed it because they forgot to send us the info.

When I did the All Access Tour I was amazed at how narrow the staircase passageways were. It is a behind the scenes look at many of the crew areas and the connecting staircases between the various areas are incredibly narrow. They probably comply with the minimum standards allowable in the construction of a cruise ship. I personally am uncomfortable on stairs and would never have gone down any of the staircases without holding onto the banister (sometimes using both banisters).

Sounds so interesting. They make everything on the passenger level look so big & grand (well, except maybe for the cabins/cabin hallways) ~ sounds like quite a contrast to the crew areas.

I have to say the design of the crew quarters -- lounges, Internet cafe, dining halls and other rec space is amazingly coordinated. We went down the crew quarter hallways, no peak into their cabins, and it is a tight walkway there moreso to give us an idea of how the crew 'travels' around I95 which is their road designation in the crew quarters. I have seen photos of crew cabins (from crew members), and they are also small, tight areas with what is needed without extras.

It gave me a remarkable view of how the inner workings of thousands of crew members intertwine (while giving crew members their own downtime) to deliver the experience that we as cruisers have.

My wife, daughter and I did the tour a few years ago on Indy. Well worth the cost. Really enjoyed it. I thought for us it was nearer to 4 hour's, lots of walking as previously mentioned

Really interested to find out how they manage the ripeness of fruit using different temps in different rooms.

Also what happens to all the waste produced on the ship.

You'll never look at a ship the same way again.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Forums mobile app

My wife, daughter and I did the tour a few years ago on Indy.

It has changed drastically in 2017, so your experience a few years ago doesn't match what is offered today.

Consider yourself fortunate.

I'm a little late to this party, but was wanting some thoughts from those who have done this tour ~ I would love to do it with my husband, but he uses a scooter for mobility due to MS. He can walk short distances, but it sounds like he would definitely need the scooter for this tour. Would access to this tour with a small travel scooter be a possibility? Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

I believe the Harmony tour I did I January could be done with a scooter. Your DH could possibly miss a couple of areas that are tight fits (in the galley for example, engine control room would be tight with the rest of the group, etc), so DH could leave scooter out on the I95 and gently walk into the control room to observe. Every deck was accessed via elevator on that specific tour. Not once did we go down a crew staircase as I have done on all other tours. On Harmony, we went from deck 5 Galley down to deck 2 (the I95 corridor, couple people took elevator), then from there (hospitality/laundry) up to the bridge deck in crew elevator.... not a single stair.

I would email and ask if it's possible to have a scooter or wheelchair, with specific details such as ship and sailing date.

special_needs@rccl.com

Here's my Harmony All Access review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=52146361&highlight=all+access#post52146361

I have signed up for the on the Harmony. To what extent (if any) are you allowed to take photos?

I'm excited because I have wanted to do this for many years. When I do this, my wife goes to the spa as she has no interest.

I have signed up for the on the Harmony. To what extent (if any) are you allowed to take photos?

Our experience has been that photos are allowed, but they don't want videos of the bridge.