All Access Tour

Hello All,

We are going to be first time RCCL cruisers sailing on the Allure of the Seas. We are really looking forward to the cruise and are super exited even four months out. The planning has begun and trying to make a schedule now. We are interested in doing the all access tour - the price tag of $150/person kinda made us stop and think and thus I am reaching out to everyone here. I wanted to hear from everyone if they thought it was worth the Price tag of $300 for two people? We are very active couple in our very late 30's (don't know if that makes a difference). Kids will be with their grand parents also on the cruise with us.

Thanks in advance to all

The tour lasts around 3 hours and you see the bridge, engine control room, laundry, crew rec areas, crew mess, galley, and more. Most who report their experience here say that they were glad to have done it.

Hello All,

We are going to be first time RCCL cruisers sailing on the Allure of the Seas. We are really looking forward to the cruise and are super exited even four months out. The planning has begun and trying to make a schedule now. We are interested in doing the all access tour - the price tag of $150/person kinda made us stop and think and thus I am reaching out to everyone here. I wanted to hear from everyone if they thought it was worth the Price tag of $300 for two people? We are very active couple in our very late 30's (don't know if that makes a difference). Kids will be with their grand parents also on the cruise with us.

Thanks in advance to all

We are also first-time RCCL cruisers on the Allure in August. I was glad my wife and daughter told me they weren't interested in this tour, so I booked it alone. I am fairly confident I will enjoy it enough to justify the cost, but my family wouldn't. They're happy not to get up in the morning for it. :)

We did it on Explorer and loved it. It is about 3 hours of a sea day, so there's some priority balancing involved. It was our 7th RCCL cruise, and it was a 9 day cruise, so more time at sea.

As Bob says, you see a lot of behind the scenes areas of the ship. In our case, we were on the bridge during the captain's noon message, which was pretty cool (we had an exceptionally cool captain!).

If you are into, or believe you will be into, the "how things work" aspect of cruising, I think it's worth doing once.

If you are interested in how this ship operates, the tour is well worth it. I did it last week on Allure and it was fantastic. They took us through the galley, the provisions store, the engine control room, the laundry, backstage at Amber Theater, the crew mess (cafeteria), crew bars (all three) and crew rec area, down "I-95" (central corridor of Deck 2), out onto the helipad and finally up to the bridge. They even took us down to Deck TW, which is one below Deck 0. All along the way we met great and friendly crew members who explained how everything functions on the ship and answered all of our questions, sometimes quite candidly. Lots of interesting stats and inside facts about crew life as well, such as the grocery bill for one week ($600,000) and how drunk a crew member can get before they are dismissed (BAC 0.02%).

The tour lasted three hours and there was a lot of walking, with a few short breaks. Must wear long pants and closed toe shoes. They let you take photos of everything even on the bridge and in the engine control room, but no video or sound recording. If you sign up they will deliver a letter to your stateroom the night before with instructions on where and when to meet. This tour will give you even more appreciation for this amazing ship.

IMG_1178_zpswormphye.jpg

Edited by Pratique

Hello All,

Thanks in advance to all

While the following link is not Allure (this is Quantum), it will show you with a ton of photos what you'll get to experience on the All Access Tour:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45076447&highlight=all+access#post45076447

I haven't seen many photo reviews of the All Access Tour so this may help you get an idea. In my humble opinion totally worth it for a 1st timer, and especially on Oasis Class! Go for it :D

My husband and I took a similar tour on a Princess ship a few years ago and consider it the most outstanding "excursion" we've done in 15 years of cruising. For us it was well worth every cent! As a side note, though, I would not recommend it for anyone with any kind of mobility issue. We did a great deal of standing and even climbing!

DW and I did the Allure All Access Tour at a cost of $300. It is expensive but we never regretted paying for it. It is highly unlikely we will ever do anything similar again so at the time we said we might as well tour the biggest cruise ship in the world.

Every tour are slightly different, my tour ended up closer to 4hrs.

Thank you to all. This does make it reassuring. We will go ahead and reserve today. If it is going to be a one time deal, might as well be on the largest current cruise ship.

Thank you again to all.

If you are "into" seeing how a cruise ship operates behind the scenes, how things work, etc., I think you'll enjoy it. I love this sort of stuff; we took the tour on Anthem and I felt it was worth it as a one-time experience. Really no need to do it again. My spouse, who is not as interested as I am in this sort of thing, did not feel it was worth it for her. I think it's a question of knowing what interests you.

BTW, I've been on many ships' bridges, but Anthem's was hands down the most hi-tech I've ever seen. I imagine Allure's will be similarly amazing.

Have a great time!

Hello All,

Thanks in advance to all

Everyone I have read said it was enjoyable and worthwhile. In just over a week I can give my opinion.

Hello All,

Thanks in advance to all

We have done it, and it is very nice. The Bridge part of the tour was phenomenal. You will have a new appreciation of what it takes to feed 5000+ people 24 hrs a day after the Galley part of the tour. Lots of walking, lots of steps -- advice wear comfortable shoes, sneakers are the best. They tell you to wear closed toed shoes and they did send people back to change their shoes who were wearing very open sandals.

We have done it, and it is very nice. The Bridge part of the tour was phenomenal. You will have a new appreciation of what it takes to feed 5000+ people 24 hrs a day after the Galley part of the tour. Lots of walking, lots of steps -- advice wear comfortable shoes, sneakers are the best. They tell you to wear closed toed shoes and they did send people back to change their shoes who were wearing very open sandals.

I'm hoping I can talk them into adding to the tour just a little. For years Oasis has had upper tier sailaway parties on the bow of Oasis. Once I made Diamond they saw me coming and discontinued that practice. I've never been on the bow of an Oasis class ship. It may be nothing special, but, "it tasks me" to quote Ricardo Montobon.

While the following link is not Allure (this is Quantum), it will show you with a ton of photos what you'll get to experience on the All Access Tour:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45076447&highlight=all+access#post45076447

I haven't seen many photo reviews of the All Access Tour so this may help you get an idea. In my humble opinion totally worth it for a 1st timer, and especially on Oasis Class! Go for it :D

Thanks for sharing the link to the All Access Tour photos and commentary. I'm now sold on doing the tour.

We went ahead and reserved the all access tour on the last day which happens to be a sea day also.

We are really excited to be sailing on the Allure of the Seas and this is the icing on the cake.

Thanks again for the bump.:):):)

Does anyone know if this can be booked once on board? I have a huge OBC and would prefer not to have to shell out the money for this if I can have it deducted from my OBC by booking once I board. Thanks

Yes, it can be booked on board. Go see Guest Services to book.

Even more fun and informative is to befriend a crew member and get invited to their parties and their off-boat adventures. Yes, it is done, and it is really fun! And yes, they notice the individual passengers, and do talk about you. Just as the passengers talk about the crew members......