Celebrity Reflection

joeglas

Hi We are thinking of booking Celebrity Cruises Best of Western Med 10/7/17 from Rome .Only ever been on a Royal Caribbean cruise round the med . What's everyone's thoughts on the boat . Also when we were on the Royal Caribbean we paid for a balcony but never used it .

Are balcony rooms bigger on this ship ?

Reflection a great ship. All the balcony staterooms are the same size. The thing I would be most concerned with is location. If you don't have any desire to be in an aft balcony stateroom (some like to watch the wake), I would choose a stateroom on the hump area. The category 1A staterooms have larger balconies and are very convenient to the aft elevators (bank of 8) -- up to the lawn club/sunset bar, down to the martini bar/dining.

Here's a thumbnail that shows the hump area of the ship. This is Deck 9 -- all the other decks are mirror images. Note the angled balcony size in comparison to the normal balcony size.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=24259746&postcount=14

Edited by Wine-O

The Western Med trip out of Barcelona?

I suggest a balcony on the port side as you will be traveling west to east and the trip out will follow the shore line (well, not exactly but port side of the ship is the shore side.

The actual cabins are the same size but the balcony is extra room.

A balcony would be nice just to have coffee in the mornings or drinks if you get back early. Sitting on the balcony at night and seeing the stars or lights form the shore just before turning in is quite nice too. Also sitting on the balcony during sea days is really relaxing.

We cruised the Western Med a few years ago with Carnival and are heading out on the Reflection on the Eastern Med this summer. We have sailed the Silhouette, sister ship to the Reflection and it is a beautiful, elegant ship. I wouldn't cruise the Med without a balcony! If you can swing it, go for it! We don't spend a ton of time out on it but when we are out there, it is certainly worth it!

Hi We are thinking of booking Celebrity Cruises Best of Western Med 10/7/17 from Rome .Only ever been on a Royal Caribbean cruise round the med . What's everyone's thoughts on the boat . Also when we were on the Royal Caribbean we paid for a balcony but never used it .

All the non-suite cabins with a balcony, except family & HC, are 194 sq ft.

Our 1st RCCL was in 1989, first Celebrity in 1994, 7 diff lines and the Reflection is our favorite 'ship' :D to sail on.

If we go for an outside cabin , what is the best room

If we go for a balcony , what is the best room

As far as OV cabins, those Category 7 at the bow of the ship on Decks 7 & 8 are larger than those Category 8s on Deck 3. However there would be drawbacks to Cat. 7s since it's a long walk to the forward elevators and there is anchor noise that can be bothersome in the early morning.

Regarding balcony cabins, there is too much variation to even begin to say what is "best"! For me 2Bs forward are just fine and I also like the 2Bs on the jutout on Deck 6. Keep in mind that save for Suites and Family Verandas, all veranda cabins on S-class ships are the same sq. footage, 2Ds have lifeboats that come to the top of the balcony rail, 2Cs have lifeboats or other obstructions such as the roof of the dining venue below which come to the bottom of the balcony. There are some 2Cs that have the same size angular verandas that 1As have.

Best Advice: Study the Deck Plans!!!

Best deal on a balcony is 6209 ( I know there are others but I highly recommend this cabin). Sold as fully obstructed so about as cheap a balcony as you can get. Super handy as on the hump and just beside the mid-elevators. Oh, and did I mention it is super quiet. Best part is balcony is oversized (huge) and the view is barely obstructed at all. Hard to beat!

We were thinking of just having an outside cabin this time as we must have spent about 1 hr max on our balcony although it is nice to have

A few years ago we stopped spending the extra money on a balcony for the same reason. We now book oceanview and occasionally even inside cabins, and we have not missed the balcony at all.

Here is the link to our youtube video from our Caribbean cruise on the Reflection in December 2015. Lots of photos of the ship, the food, and,of course, us.

We stayed in 7270 on the Silhouette and am staying in the same cabin on the Reflection this summer. It is a mid-ship hump cabin right next to the Hideaway, a great venue for coffee, relaxing, etc. It is a 2A cabin.

We just got off a TA on the Reflection. It is our 3rd Celebrity and we have also sailed three on Royal.

The Reflection is a beautiful ship. Staff were fantastic. We spent a little more on Concierge Class and it was well worth it. Compared to Royal, bigger stateroom and balcony. The bathroom was the plus for us with enclosed shower! Heaven since we sailed for 16 nights!:cool: