Solstice Question -- Heavy Cream

Midnight Blue

A question for any one who is currently on Solstice or who sailed on her recently: Does Cafe al Bacio have heavy cream (unsweetened) available for coffee? Not creamer or even half and half, but heavy cream?

I really feel like a "special snowflake" asking this question, but (believe it or not) as a Type 2 diabetic, it's better for me to use a little heavy cream in my coffee than it is to use creamer or milk.

In the end, I can absolutely make do with half and half, but I just thought I'd ask. Thanks so much.

I totally understand, so you're not a snowflake lol ... am interested in the answer too - I eat LCHF (low carb, high fat as a pre diabetic) and travelling on Solstice out of Australia next year - last time we travelled I think the cream was out of a can possibly and sweetened (2 years ago)

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry, but I'm curious - what is the difference between heavy cream, half and half, and creamer? (I'm not familiar with the terms)

Heavy cream, is whipping cream, is 36-40% fat cream

Half and half is half milk and half light cream, at 12% fat

Creamer is a non dairy product

To add to OP's post - As a diabetic myself, I understand what is meant by using heavy cream instead of milk or creamer. It is about the carbs, which diabetics usually keep track of. Heavy cream, when churned, turns to butter, which has zero carbs. Heavy cream = 0 carbs. Milk, half and half, creamers and similar all have some carbs. Personally, I've never asked for heavy (we call it whipping) cream in my hot beverage, but I absolutely "get it". ;):)

To add to OP's post - As a diabetic myself, I understand what is meant by using heavy cream instead of milk or creamer. It is about the carbs, which diabetics usually keep track of. Heavy cream, when churned, turns to butter, which has zero carbs. Heavy cream = 0 carbs. Milk, half and half, creamers and similar all have some carbs. Personally, I've never asked for heavy (we call it whipping) cream in my hot beverage, but I absolutely "get it". ;):)

And it is so much more satisfying :D.

Yep -- exactly what I'm doing -- counting the carbs! And looking on the bright side that I put that tablespoon of heavy/whipping cream in my coffee with zero guilt these days! :D