Infinity Cabin Aft 1130 Aqua Class

USCAdventurer

Please, can anyone tell me the pros and cons of this cabin. I've heard very negative things about balcony privacy due to a stairway to the upper deck. Is this a problem? How about the size of the balcony? Would the cabins numbered 1139, 1135, 1131 or 1127 be better cabins even though they are not aft facing cabins?

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Edited by USC Adventurer

We had 1113 on Infinity recently. When we booked there were no aft rooms available and I was disappointed as I had read on here about the oversized balconies. However.... we were actually pleased that we did not secure an aft cabin as not only do these have the stairs to Deck 10 and 12( the Roof Terrace )beside them on one side, and the stairs to Deck 10 on the other, but they also overlook the open area of the Oceanview Cafe and Bar. This can be very busy and noisy at certain times of the day. Yes, the balconies are bigger on the aft cabins, but you are also easily visible from the cafe if you are sitting in the sun.

I know some people swear by these rooms, but for us it is no - brainer and we have 2 further cruises booked in the 'side' rooms. We've opted for 1110 and 1113 (again) as these are close to the lifts and the doors leading to the rest of deck 11 + of course, they have easy access to deck 10 and the Oceanview, via the outside stairs.

We had 1113 on Infinity recently. When we booked there were no aft rooms available and I was disappointed as I had read on here about the oversized balconies. However.... we were actually pleased that we did not secure an aft cabin as not only do these have the stairs to Deck 10 and 12( the Roof Terrace )beside them on one side, and the stairs to Deck 10 on the other, but they also overlook the open area of the Oceanview Cafe and Bar. This can be very busy and noisy at certain times of the day. Yes, the balconies are bigger on the aft cabins, but you are also easily visible from the cafe if you are sitting in the sun.

I know some people swear by these rooms, but for us it is no - brainer and we have 2 further cruises booked in the 'side' rooms. We've opted for 1110 and 1113 (again) as these are close to the lifts and the doors leading to the rest of deck 11 + of course, they have easy access to deck 10 and the Oceanview, via the outside stairs.

Johns mum- how deep are the side balconies?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

dana danes...thank you so much for your opinion. i do like being able to view the wake of the ship, so would you think the cabins further back from 1111 and 1113, like 1139, 1135, 1131, 1127 would still be ok with those darn stairs nearby? and would those balconies still be a reasonable size?

capt. dave....and being in 1133, the stairs factor didn't bother you? 1133 would be the same cabin as 1130 except on the starboard side of the ship. and having the oceanview bar and cafe right below you, didn't bother you? do you spend lots of time on the balcony? i generally do because i don't like the crowds at the pool area.

Edited by USC Adventurer

jonsmum...thank you so much for your opinion. i do like being able to view the wake of the ship, so would you think the cabins further back from 1111 and 1113, like 1139, 1135, 1131, 1127 would still be ok with those darn stairs nearby? and would those balconies still be a reasonable size?

capt. dave....and being in 1133, the stairs factor didn't bother you? 1133 would be the same cabin as 1130 except on the starboard side of the ship. and having the oceanview bar and cafe right below you, didn't bother you? do you spend lots of time on the balcony? i generally do because i don't like the crowds at the pool area. my previous message to dana danes should have gone to you.

We were in 1118 on the Infinity in December and the balcony was not deep at all. There were no foot stools as there is not enough space. I believe 1100 and 1101 have slightly wider balconies on the Infinity. (Learned a lesson that not all ships are built equal. We had been in 1118 on the Constellation and on the Millennium, those balconies were slightly wider than other side A1s on those ships. Not so on the Infinity.)

We have never been in an aft Aqua. There are stairs down from 11 to the Oceanview bar on both port and starboard sides, though only one set up to the the Terrace on the starboard side so I suspect 1133 would be a better choice than 1130. However, I don't think the stairs get that much traffic, and I felt the stairs up to the Terrace were very steep.

travlr21...thank you so much for your observations. at this time, only cabin 1130 is available and since we're sailing from north to south, i'd like to be on the port side of the ship. will check out those side facing cabins. sounds like 1100 or 1101 might have larger balconies than the others. and i do spend lots of time on the balcony since the pool areas are too crowded for me.

travlr21...thank you so much for your observations. at this time, only cabin 1130 is available and since we're sailing from north to south, i'd like to be on the port side of the ship. will check out those side facing cabins. sounds like 1100 or 1101 might have larger balconies than the others. and i do spend lots of time on the balcony since the pool areas are too crowded for me.

Odd numbers are on the port side. 1100 would be on the starboard side.

P.S. I would stay with 1130 - the others on the port/starboard side have normal size balconies.

Here is a photo of 1130 as seen from the deck of the bar right below it.

1130CMe-1.jpg

(Previously posted by MrJulius)

Edited by varoo

varoo....wow! thanks so much for the picture. i've got a better perspective of the cabin and balcony now. do you think there is a lot of noise from the oceanview bar below? it looks like a nice balcony and it looks like the cabin next to it has an even larger balcony. perhaps that is why its not available but i am booked into 1130.

wine-o...yes, you are right. the even numbered cabins are on the starboard side. if i did change to a side view cabin, i would want an odd numbered cabin so i can see the coast while going from north to south. i don't think that matters as much in an aft cabin.

We love the aft cabins as well and like you can sit and watch the wake for hours! I know these cabins move fast, but have you checked to see if there's an Aft cabin available at a lower level? We love the 8th deck it's quiet on and off the balcony but I'll only book it on M class because, as I found out last cruise, S class only has one elevator bank and it's mid-ship which made for an intolerably long walk for me every time I wanted to leave the cabin! M-class has banks fore, mid and aft so it's easier to get around if walking is an issue.

hydokitty....the 8th deck does have aft viewing cabins but they are not aqua and i particularly want aqua because i had such a great dining experience on the equinox. the corner aft viewing cabins on decks 8 and 9 are family cabins. they won't let a single person book a family cabin. but a few weeks before sailing, if they are available, then they will let a single person book them. however, they are considered concierge class and not aqua so that wouldn't work for me.

have you had an aft cabin on an m class ship before? now i'm that concerned about the stairs on the side of the ship but i am concerned about the noise from the oceanview bar. do you think there is much noise? from my experience on the equinox, it had two banks of elevators. one forward and the other one in the middle of the ship. i had a long walk to my cabin near the rear of the deck, but i loved it because i got more exercise.

Edited by USC Adventurer

varoo....wow! thanks so much for the picture. i've got a better perspective of the cabin and balcony now. do you think there is a lot of noise from the oceanview bar below? it looks like a nice balcony and it looks like the cabin next to it has an even larger balcony. perhaps that is why its not available but i am booked into 1130.

The two end cabins (1130 and 1133) have only slightly larger-than-normal balconies and they have the privacy issues. The next two cabins in (1138 and 1141) have larger balconies and better privacy. The middle cabin (1140) has a huge balcony -- and is snapped up immediately by those in the know. At one time the port side cabins were impacted by smoking on the port side of the bar below, but recent reports say there is no smoking at that bar. The newest wrinkle is noise from the new MUTS area above these aft balconies. We were about to learn all this first-hand, but soft prices on our Eastern Med cruise allowed us to upgrade to a suite for the same price. But for future cruises, these remain interesting cabins and I hope that the smoking and noise issues are minor or gone!

Having sailed in 1138 pre movie installation and a deck 9 cabin post movie I would still choose a deck 11 aft on the Infinity.

Because the bar is no longer open to smokers it is generally quieter. I say generally because the passenger dynamics changes from sailing to sailing. The breakfast crowd on a port day wants to eat and disembark. On sea days passengers linger a little longer. On sea days the lunch crowd will linger a little longer perhaps with a beverage from the bar. Dinner time and later are quieter. The bar tends to close early and by late evening I have found no activity aft. If there is outdoor activity in the evening it tends to occur around the pool.

I did not hear a thing on deck 10 late in the evenings from the movies in December.

Your itinerary does matter of course but for aft viewing nothing beats an aft on the M class. As for the stairs they are rarely used by any other than deck 11 residents. The only caution is the exterior doors themselves. They are heavy and in the wind can be a little challenging and noisy. I don't know how this affects the two corner cabins.

The balconies on those corner cabins are definitely deeper than the port and starboard balconies. They are also a tad bigger than the deck 9 Aqua balconies.

Enjoy your cruise!!!!!

alcpa1....thanks so much for your advice and experience. i'm going to call today to see if 1141 or 1138 but i think i'll keep 1130 just because i want to experience an aft cabin. it may not be the perfect aft cabin, but at least it's an aft cabin.

Hi, we have stayed in 1130 a couple of times. Since the staircase to the roof terrace was added, it has impacted on the privacy and view to the left when at the rail. The staircase is very close. You are fairly private when sitting down nearer to the back of the balcony. The noise and chatter from the Oceanview is noticeable, and you can hear the musicians who perform there most days, but not when you are inside the cabin with the door closed. Sometimes it conflicts with the soundtrack of the movies on the roof terrace, but we were on a colder weather cruise around Cape Horn, so not many people were up on deck 12. Not sure how it would be on a warm weather cruise. But having said that it is still a nice cabin, with a great aft view, and larger balcony. We were never bothered by any noise from the door to the Aqua cabins.

jazzbeau....thank you for your advice and experiences. really appreciated. i think for now, i'm going to keep 1130 and will keep checking to see if 1141 or 1138 become available.

Check for 1140 also -- it's supposed to be the best of all. All three of them have deep enough balcony that you can lounge in shade or sun, your choice! You might also mention this on the Roll Call for your cruise -- the people who have those cabins can give you a heads-up if they plan to release them. That happened to us on our upcoming cruise and allowed us to move from an OK Sky Suite to a better Sky Suite, then to the "best" Sky Suite (and, then, thanks to soft bookings in the Med, up to a Celebrity Suite). I owe a bunch of free drinks to my Roll Call buddies -- thankfully we all have the beverage package! :D

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

jazzbeau...the rep at celebrity told me that 1140 including 1141 and 1138 are all occupied. she was very nice and put me on a waiting list for 1138 and told me that was the only cabin she could do that for, so i thanked her very much for doing that for me, and i'll also keep on checking. your idea about asking about the cabins is very goodl there aren't too many people on this roll call right now. i booked this cruise while onboard the equinox last month and at the time, 1130 was the only available aft cabin.