Thank you if you felt you had to bring booze onboard in water bottles

to all the fools who felt the need to put booze into water bottles, seal them up again and try to bring them on board I want to thank you. because of you passengers are not allowed to bring water onto the ships any longer. there is always one that spoil it for others.

Ive never wasted my time doing that.

I bought it on in my checked luggage back when you could, and have never changed. Nowadays, there are so many things you can put liquor in to bring it anywhere (just google it) I have a hard time understanding why they are focusing on water. The time and expense they must go through and paying for purchase and delivery of all that water, as well as selling it at that discounted rate, you would wonder which is actually cheaper.

It's actually funny to watch.

Ive never wasted my time doing that.

I bought it on in my checked luggage back when you could, and have never changed. Nowadays, there are so many things you can put liquor in to bring it anywhere (just google it) I have a hard time understanding why they are focusing on water. The time and expense they must go through and paying for purchase and delivery of all that water, as well as selling it at that discounted rate, you would wonder which is actually cheaper.

It's actually funny to watch.

If I have to spend less time in the security line because they don't have to check all of those bottles it's a win.

Sorry if this is already known to many of you. I knew we could purchase the 12pk of water bottles from bon voyage, but apparently they are also available from room service too as found in this info here:

Bottled Water

We know some of our guests are accustomed to bringing on their own supply of bottled water so as part of this policy we have significantly reduced the pricing for (purified) bottled water which will be conveniently delivered directly to your stateroom. Once onboard, the purchase is non-refundable; guests may take home any unopened bottles.

Pricing is as follows:

$3.99 USD for a 12-pack of bottled water (16.9 fluid ounce per bottle) for pre-cruise purchase. Please visit The Fun Shops at http://www.carnival.com/FunShops/in-room-beverages/water to place your order before your cruise to ensure we have an ample supply onboard.

$3.99 USD (plus gratuity) for a 12-pack of bottled water (16.9 fluid ounce per bottle) for purchase onboard by contacting Room Service.

The price has already risen to $3.99, I expect that trend will continue.....time will tell, as it always does. :)

That $1 will ruin my budget:mad: I'd rather have to take my time and gas to get some at the store, lug it through my check in, lug it around till my cabin was ready (or spend $50 for FTTF). :eek:

Even at $3.99, that's cheap for the convenience.

Sorry if this is already known to many of you. I knew we could purchase the 12pk of water bottles from bon voyage, but apparently they are also available from room service too as found in this info here:

Bottled Water

We know some of our guests are accustomed to bringing on their own supply of bottled water so as part of this policy we have significantly reduced the pricing for (purified) bottled water which will be conveniently delivered directly to your stateroom. Once onboard, the purchase is non-refundable; guests may take home any unopened bottles.

Pricing is as follows:

$3.99 USD for a 12-pack of bottled water (16.9 fluid ounce per bottle) for pre-cruise purchase. Please visit The Fun Shops at http://www.carnival.com/FunShops/in-room-beverages/water to place your order before your cruise to ensure we have an ample supply onboard.

$3.99 USD (plus gratuity) for a 12-pack of bottled water (16.9 fluid ounce per bottle) for purchase onboard by contacting Room Service.

You can also order it at a bar onboard for the same price if you didn't want to wait for Room Service. You have to carry it yourself, but it's not that heavy and maybe you'll burn a calorie or two to make up for all that yummy food you've eaten :) .

It is not just the alcohol smugglers that prompted this change. Port security and homeland security raised several issues regarding this in a recent port security report. Large quantities of liquids that could be hazardous could easily be smuggled aboard. There is also the issue of how many full bottles of water were being left aboard. Embarcation and security in the terminal also raised issues with all the cases of water and such being lugged around the terminal, taking up space, slowing down security lines and embarkation and contributing to the congestion issues in the terminals. So I think it is a combination of factors (including the alcohol one) but there are other factors too. So the solution was to offer water at competitive rates and ban bringing cases and cases of water...

It is not just the alcohol smugglers that prompted this change. Port security and homeland security raised several issues regarding this in a recent port security report. Large quantities of liquids that could be hazardous could easily be smuggled aboard. There is also the issue of how many full bottles of water were being left aboard. Embarcation and security in the terminal also raised issues with all the cases of water and such being lugged around the terminal, taking up space, slowing down security lines and embarkation and contributing to the congestion issues in the terminals. So I think it is a combination of factors (including the alcohol one) but there are other factors too. So the solution was to offer water at competitive rates and ban bringing cases and cases of water...

I would think that if this were the case other cruise lines would be implementing similar policies.

Technically RCCL does not allow bottled water or other beverages... Enforcement is another issue... During a port security review there was a memo regarding possible hazards presented by large amounts of liquids. And the embarkation staff always had issues with the "camels" ( the joking term some used to describe the people carrying cases and cases of water onboard) slowing down the process. Add that to the alcohol smuggling issue (many of the cases of excessive drunks stemmed from the uncontrolled consumption of non purchased alcohol whereas served alcohol can sometimes mitigate this, hence the limits of drinks). All I am saying is that the no bottle ban is more complex than ONLY booze smugglers, it is a combination of issues. Personally, $3.99 for water that I don't have to lug on is a win in my book (it is about what I would pay in the store anyway) and it is delivered...

I know... I loved the bottled soda because I don't always drink the whole can... I could just re-cap and save the bottles. With bottles I needed only like a six pack, now I have to bring 12 pack due to having to throw away half!

I know... I loved the bottled soda because I don't always drink the whole can... I could just re-cap and save the bottles. With bottles I needed only like a six pack, now I have to bring 12 pack due to having to throw away half!

Have you tried the caps that go on the can? They keep the fizz in. Just pop one on and stick it in the mini fridge.

Have you tried the caps that go on the can? They keep the fizz in. Just pop one on and stick it in the mini fridge.

I've tried them, they "extend" the fizz but they still go flat pretty quickly and bottles are much easier to carry around the ship (just get ice and pour a little at a time) . Next cruise I have cheers, But not the same convenience... Not a major deal, just an inconvenience..

I've tried them, they "extend" the fizz but they still go flat pretty quickly and bottles are much easier to carry around the ship (just get ice and pour a little at a time) . Next cruise I have cheers, But not the same convenience... Not a major deal, just an inconvenience..

OK. Thought I would put that out there just in case. I suppose you could get a bottle of water and refill it with soda.

So you drank the Kool-aid too... hahaha :):):)

nah, i don't like kook-aid. of course, if you have any proof to the contrary feel free to share it, otherwise my opinion is just as valid as yours though i didn't present my opinion in a snotty way. :rolleyes:

I just don't care for can soda. If I did I would just get the soda card. As far as the Gatorade that is due to stomach issues and Gatorade about the only thing I can handle at breakfast or if I am thirsty at bedtime.

I just don't care for can soda. If I did I would just get the soda card. As far as the Gatorade that is due to stomach issues and Gatorade about the only thing I can handle at breakfast or if I am thirsty at bedtime.

I saw Gatorade in a can the other day at Target!

I would think that if this were the case other cruise lines would be implementing similar policies.

they may be in the process. msc does not allow any water or soda to be brought on board, period. policies take time to write and implement and then enforcement is another whole ball of wax.

I just really miss my 12oz bottled sprites and bottled Gatorade for those of us who don't drink water, lemonade, etc.

take a 12 pk of canned sprite and an empty bottle. problem solved.......at least half of it, i have never seen canned gatorade.

Edited by Computer Nerd

they may be in the process. msc does not allow any water or soda to be brought on board, period. policies take time to write and implement and then enforcement is another whole ball of wax.

Possibly, but policies don't really take that long to write and implement for a non-government entity;).

Is this really a problem? They'll deliver a 12 pack of 16 ounce bottles to your cabin for $2.99. IMHO that's better than carrying your own on.

I agree, if I felt the need for bottled water, I certainly wouldn't drag it on board when I could buy it for that price.

Can you order it after you board? This is great!

Yes, but it might be a dollar cheaper to pre-order from the Fun Shops. $3.99 to pre-order (price was raised a few months ago). No biggie.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Cruzin2paradise09

Yes, but it might be a dollar cheaper to pre-order from the Fun Shops. $3.99 to pre-order (price was raised a few months ago). No biggie.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

It was exactly the same on the ship in February. But that could change at any time I imagine.

I have heard over and over that Carnivals bottled water taste nasty. Have heard it had a high amount of sodium in it also.

It does taste nasty. Not sure why but it's the only bottled water I have ever had the has a plastic like taste.