Thank you if you felt you had to bring booze onboard in water bottles

Thank you booze smugglers?

You're welcome.

You now have the convenience of cheap water delivered to your room. I, for one, think that's a fabulous convenience. 3.99 is an amazing bargain to not have to schlep the stuff on board. Had I known this would be the end result, I'd have tried to smuggle in water bottles instead of my rum runners.

I can't believe this is still an active topic..wow.

to all the fools who felt the need to put booze into water bottles, seal them up again and try to bring them on board I want to thank you. because of you passengers are not allowed to bring water onto the ships any longer. there is always one that spoil it for others.

The new policy went into effect 10 months ago on July 9, 2015. Here is info from when it was announced on June 9th, 2015.

Carnival Cruise Line to Ban Passengers from Bringing Most Bottled Beverages Onboard

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6398

Additional info @:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2633/~/liquor-and-beverage-policy

:)

Edited by ObstructedView2

You might want to complain to Carnival about the usuery rates they charge for liquor. $85 for a $19 bottle of liquor. Go rum runners.

Their choices of rum are horrendous also. Sorry but Bicardi is not not good of a rum.

If you think bringing alcohol on in water bottle is the reason you can no longer bring water I have to say you might be a little naive. Carnival most likely saw that many, many people where bringing on bottled water and saw a way to make more money. Why would they not want to charge for water when they know tons of people are bringing it on. Even at the lower cost of the water they are making money off of this.

And I am saving money and effort. Win-Win!

I just got off the Triumph on 5/5. I brought an 8 pack of 8oz Cokes for my room (I kept them in my small Cube cooler), a bottle of Fireball in a rum runner, a bottle of whiskey in a rum runner, and I ordered a bottle of vodka and a 12 pack of water from Bon Voyage. Oh yeah, I also bought the Cheers program. We had a GREAT time.

I have heard over and over that Carnivals bottled water taste nasty. Have heard it had a high amount of sodium in it also.

I'm sure you've only heard it on CC where complaining is an art form. I bought 2 12-packs and it tasted fine.

Haven't seen this mentioned before, but all the plastic bottles used and then thrown away lead to the degradation of the environment and the endangerment of many animal species both on the land and in the seas. I have mostly switched to a Brita filter water bottle that I replenish on board, not directly from the spigots, but first into the ship plastic glasses. Filled up with ice and some water, they stay cold, pure, and fairly convenient without harming our beautiful earth.

Just sayin

Why are we talking about last years news? Ijs

For the same reason grumpy people still make reference to the elimination of the Midnight Buffet and pillow chocolates as "cutbacks" that are indicators of a downward spiral of the cruise experience.

And here I thought Labatt only made beer.

Target sells "boxed" water FWLIW.

I don't think you can buy it, Labatt recently halted production so they could manufacture drinking water for the folks affected by the wild fires at Fort McMurray (sp?).

I don't think smugglers had anything to do with it, honestly. I think Carnival just found a price point they thought could drive sales in conjunction with a no plastic bottle carry on. Saying it had to do with smugglers was just spin so guests could be angry at other guests, and not at Carnival.

Given the price point of the water and the convenience I hardly see it as something to get very upset over. It's actually a pretty friendly policy, IMO. I think Carnival still has one of the most customer friendly beverage carry on policies of all the mass market lines. You can't bring water or soft drinks at ALL on RCI. And you can't bring wine on to NCL without paying corkage on every single bottle. And if you try to pay $3.99 for water on RCI you will probably get 11 less bottles than you do on carnival.

You can also order it at a bar onboard for the same price if you didn't want to wait for Room Service. You have to carry it yourself, but it's not that heavy and maybe you'll burn a calorie or two to make up for all that yummy food you've eaten :) .

I didn't know that. Thanks.

to all the fools who felt the need to put booze into water bottles, seal them up again and try to bring them on board I want to thank you. because of you passengers are not allowed to bring water onto the ships any longer. there is always one that spoil it for others.

What a Pompous person you must be. It's ok for you to bring your beverage on board but not for others. If you are too cheap to buy water, I am sorry for you. As for bringing on booze, I have never done it but remember this is a Cruise Line that caters to those of us that are on limited budgets (as apparently you are). Don't be blaming others for what

Carnival chooses to do.

BTW I am a Stock Holder of this Company and I am not bashing Carnival.

You can still bring water onboard. But it has to be in cans and not bottles.

If you think bringing alcohol on in water bottle is the reason you can no longer bring water I have to say you might be a little naive. Carnival most likely saw that many, many people where bringing on bottled water and saw a way to make more money. Why would they not want to charge for water when they know tons of people are bringing it on. Even at the lower cost of the water they are making money off of this.

We have been on over 20 cruises and yes a few people have brought on water. But, on any given cruise the amount that actually bring on water is I am sure less than 2 or 3 percent. I don't see that a $2.50 - $3 profit on less than 200 people is going to make a big dent in the bottom line. But the difference on, even using the same percentage of people smuggling booze on, at $6+ per ounce of lost revenue in mixed drinks is $20 - $30000 a cruise, or more.

I don't think smugglers had anything to do with it, honestly. I think Carnival just found a price point they thought could drive sales in conjunction with a no plastic bottle carry on. Saying it had to do with smugglers was just spin so guests could be angry at other guests, and not at Carnival.

Given the price point of the water and the convenience I hardly see it as something to get very upset over. It's actually a pretty friendly policy, IMO. I think Carnival still has one of the most customer friendly beverage carry on policies of all the mass market lines. You can't bring water or soft drinks at ALL on RCI. And you can't bring wine on to NCL without paying corkage on every single bottle. And if you try to pay $3.99 for water on RCI you will probably get 11 less bottles than you do on carnival.

well, that thought is in direct contradiction to carnival's statement but as always, anyone can believe anything they want even when they have no proof to back up their beliefs. ;)