BOGO 60% off and $100 off

That is the BOGO 60% which IS combinable. Here are the terms for the additional $$ off stating in the fine print that it is not combinable with C and A discounts

http://loyaltoyoualways.com/service/instantsavings/

Sorry about that but they gave me my C&A balcony discount also. Price was same as when I booked with the exception of the $100 instant credit, which they gave me. I received a new invoice right away. If it was a mistake on their part at least it was in my favor.

Hard to believe that they were able to discount, you would think the computer program would not let them. Oh wait it was Royal Caribbean IT Department :eek:

Sorry about that but they gave me my C&A balcony discount also. Price was same as when I booked with the exception of the $100 instant credit, which they gave me. I received a new invoice right away. If it was a mistake on their part at least it was in my favor.

Hard to believe that they were able to discount, you would think the computer program would not let them. Oh wait it was Royal Caribbean IT Department :eek:

Take both the discounts and run. If they did make a mistake, just be aware they might catch it if you ask for a price drop later, so keep that math in mind.

This as actually a great sale for us. We were able to upgrade our interior Central Park room to a Boardwalk Balcony room for $36 on our upcoming Allure cruise. Can't argue with that. :)

Edited by JKCamara

Saved about $150 when the BOGO60 hit a few days ago, and another $75 with the new sale today for our Harmony cruise next year. I'll have to look at the invoice, it's weird, the listed base price was the same but after $100 off we only actually saved $75

EDIT

Ah, they take the $100 off before the 60%, so guest 1 saved $50, guest 2 saved $50, but the 60% off was reduced by $30 (60% of $50) for a total savings of $70

Edited by awestover89

For those of us sailing RCL for a number of years we can tell you that great deal you got is not that great. Four years back a five night on the Navigator, a Junior Suite was under 1800 for two. Now with the half off 2nd passenger its 2300. Its easy to give great deals when you jack the price up.

For those of us sailing RCL for a number of years we can tell you that great deal you got is not that great. Four years back a five night on the Navigator, a Junior Suite was under 1800 for two. Now with the half off 2nd passenger its 2300. Its easy to give great deals when you jack the price up.

Prices go up, you can't really look back 4 years and say this is a bad deal because once upon a time it was cheaper. I remember when gas was under a dollar a gallon, but if the station by my house drops below $2 a gallon it will still be a great deal, no matter what the cost was years ago. My cruise fare on Harmony is comparable to a similar itinerary on other cruise lines, and I like the features on the Harmony better, so to me I got a good deal for a cruise in 2017, no matter what I would have paid in 2012. Since I don't have a time machine, the cost years ago is really kinda irrelevant.

To each their own. :o

I went on the same ship and trip back in May 2013 and it was almost $900 more then what I was just able to book with this deal for March. I also re- booked my October cruise and saved there too! I'm very happy.

You forgot to mention back in the 70's & even 80's, cruising was mostly a luxury for the well-to-dos and flying cost twice as much as what you'd pay today. How's that for a deal comparison.

I just saved $450 on an Anthem cabin by switching my triple JS to a SJS guarantee (that's how it comes up on MyCruises). A JS guarantee for a triple is hard to beat on Anthem because all of the cabins are in good locations. If you are a double, it's riskier, as you might get a SJS on 6 or 7, which people don't seem to like.

Take both the discounts and run. If they did make a mistake, just be aware they might catch it if you ask for a price drop later, so keep that math in mind.

This happened to me once. Assured me I got an obc on a wow sale. Later told me they made a mistake.

Actually, when I check back, logged in, I do see the $50 per cabin discount on the first category pricing page. But when I get to the final payment page, the $50 discount is not noted, I only see my C&A discount.

Edited by marci22

Dumb question . . .

We are booked on a cruise for this summer -- final payment not yet due. There are currently no open cabins in the class we've booked.

Can I still "rebook" into our current cabin and get the discount? Or must one either book a new cruise or book a new cabin?

I have JS on RCCL Rhapsody Western Caribbean January 2017.

Booked 1st April. $3051.82. No Gratuities sale.

Called on No tax sale. April 15th Better deal. $2829.00

Fired TA due to unethical behavior. Gained $250.00 OBC with new TA April 25th.

Called TA for this sale May 6th now $2729.00

Plus the OBC will be used for gratuities.

So we will have $60..00 left of our OBC after tips!

Very happy.

This sale ends the 10th of May 2016

Dumb question . . .

We are booked on a cruise for this summer -- final payment not yet due. There are currently no open cabins in the class we've booked.

Can I still "rebook" into our current cabin and get the discount? Or must one either book a new cruise or book a new cabin?

You can call and find the new price of your current cabin, but there's no guarantee it will be a better deal. Even if a cabin type is sold out Royal has a price for it, you just can't see it online with a mock booking. If it has decreased in price you can get the new price without booking a new cabin

been keeping an eye on asia bookings for 2017/2018 and found one that is extremely tempting. JS for a 7 night for a mere $1600 total. too bad it's during the run up to tax time and the mrs. will be super busy with work.

been keeping an eye on asia bookings for 2017/2018 and found one that is extremely tempting. JS for a 7 night for a mere $1600 total. too bad it's during the run up to tax time and the mrs. will be super busy with work.

I'm always tempted when I see the prices for overseas cruises, but then I check the cost of flights. Ouch. :(

I'm always tempted when I see the prices for overseas cruises, but then I check the cost of flights. Ouch. :(

west coast to asia doesn't seem too bad. priced them out a year out and it was reasonable. fortunately, I'll be relocating towards that coast this summer and can make a drive to a larger airport.

Edited by Theredofshaw

I have JS on RCCL Rhapsody Western Caribbean January 2017.

Booked 1st April. $3051.82. No Gratuities sale.

Called on No tax sale. April 15th Better deal. $2829.00

Fired TA due to unethical behavior. Gained $250.00 OBC with new TA April 25th.

Called TA for this sale May 6th now $2729.00

Plus the OBC will be used for gratuities.

So we will have $60..00 left of our OBC after tips!

Very happy.

This sale ends the 10th of May 2016

I have yet to find a TA. so frustrating that people can't share their good TAs on here.

Dumb question . . .

I don't think so. Not all the categories may be priced better than before, especially ones that are selling well. Are other categories priced better than what you have now?

I had been looking at a grandeur 9 night for 4 of us during summer 2017 for a JS (I need the extra space with the kids... they bounce too much). I wasn't paying attention to GS prices under the previous sale.

The JS price dropped by $400 on RCI's website.

We got a quote from an online TA and a GS came in $40 less than the JS had been before the newer sale, so we grabbed it.

Right now it's the only cruise we have booked, sadly.