Wrong Cabin!

Deeliteful

I booked another Alaskan cruise on the Infinity for this September whilst on my cruise on the ship last June. I got a great deal and was very happy booking the same cabin that I was in.

Today I was checking out my cruise details as I know final payment is due soon and was also checking out cabin reviews when I noticed my cabin was getting mediocre reviews and talking about an obstructed view.

Well I knew my cabin didn't have an obstructed view as it was aft looking over the wake, so I thought I should check and I have been booked in the wrong cabin!

I have no idea how this has happened as I made such a point with the X rep that I wanted the same cabin again.

I can't talk to them until tomorrow but my TA says it will cost me more.

Really unhappy at the moment as I just don't know what will happen and even if my cabin us available.

Thoughts anyone?

If you're talking about Cat. C1 aft-facing cabins, this is what's available as of right now. I'm not sure of your sail date, so I'm listing a few and some of these are on the not-so-desirable 9th deck:

Sept. 4 - 3 reg. balcony cabins, 1 handicapped

Sept. 11 - 2 reg. balcony cabins, 2 handicapped

Sept. 18 - 7 reg. balcony cabins, 2 handicapped

Your agent can try to go to bat for you on the Future Cruise Consultant's mistake but I doubt they'll do much, if anything. Wishing you good luck. ;)

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

That's why I'm so upset! Cabin is 7206

Hi again, Dee. That cabin is STILL available for Sept. 4th! My advice would be to put a hold on it immediately. That will give you and your TA a little time to work things out with Celebrity and decide whether you want it or not.

Good luck.

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

Hi again, Dee. That cabin is STILL available for Sept. 4th! My advice would be to put a hold on it immediately. That will give you and your TA a little time to work things out with Celebrity and decide whether you want it or not.

Good luck.

Thanks - unfortunately can't put a hold on it from UK without paying a deposit. Have emailed my other (US) TA to see if they can hold it for me.

Appreciate the help.

Cheers

Pat

do you have any paperwork from the original booking showing the cabin you were supposed to be in?

I booked another Alaskan cruise on the Infinity for this September whilst on my cruise on the ship last June. I got a great deal and was very happy booking the same cabin that I was in.

Today I was checking out my cruise details as I know final payment is due soon and was also checking out cabin reviews when I noticed my cabin was getting mediocre reviews and talking about an obstructed view.

Well I knew my cabin didn't have an obstructed view as it was aft looking over the wake, so I thought I should check and I have been booked in the wrong cabin!

I have no idea how this has happened as I made such a point with the X rep that I wanted the same cabin again.

I can't talk to them until tomorrow but my TA says it will cost me more.

Really unhappy at the moment as I just don't know what will happen and even if my cabin us available.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks - unfortunately can't put a hold on it from UK without paying a deposit. Have emailed my other (US) TA to see if they can hold it for me.

Appreciate the help.

Cheers

Pat

Pat

You CAN put a hold on in the UK without paying the deposit. You do, however have to give all your details and it looks like you are making a full booking.

It says the hold is for 24 hours but it is not. It is 24 hours from the next midnight EST [in the US]. If you place a hold at 5:05am [for example] the hold is almost 48 hours. Once it expires, you can then hold the room again, and so on.

Appreciate the help.

Cheers

Pat

Remember if you booked onboard and it was transferred to your UK TA, then your booking will be in sterling, so your US TA wouldn't be able to take over the booking should they be able to hold the cabin ;).

As Sue stated, you can put a hold on in the UK.

You need to double check the paperwork you received onboard to confirm if the original cabin you requested is stated.

Well thank goodness it is all sorted.

My UK TA spoke to X this morning and they have swapped me back to my original cabin 7206 and only charged an admin fee of £40. Very happy I checked this now rather than been incredibly disappointed when I boarded the ship in September.

First world problems eh!!

My UK TA spoke to X this morning and they have swapped me back to my original cabin 7206 and only charged an admin fee of £40. Very happy I checked this now rather than been incredibly disappointed when I boarded the ship in September.

Glad you got it worked out!

Diane

Glad you got it sorted. Have a great cruise in September.

cb at sea - I thought you could put a hold on a UK booking! I knew the OP was in the UK and I know the majority of the rules there are different but this one is universal. ;)

Dee - So glad everything worked out for you! We have that cabin on some of our upcoming cruises too so I understand you wanting it! Congrats that it all worked out for you! :)

I am confused. You mean they charged you for a C1 cabin but put you in a lower category cabin, as obstructed cabins cost less than C1 cabins.

I don't understand how that could happen.

Apparently they charged me for a C2, the price was very similar to the price I paid for my C1 so I thought nothing of it (£2500 + is pretty expensive for a solo cruiser anyway IMO) and now they have only charged me the admin fee so I am happy in the cabin I wanted in the first place! :)

Very happy that this worked out for you. As I understand it, the aft cabins are especially hard to come by as they are in great demand. When my husband wanted to book the Dutch Antilles cruise in October, I saw that this cabin was open and called my TA and grabbed it. I am glad to hear that it is a good location and look forward to being in it. Hope you have a great cruise!

Apparently they charged me for a C2, the price was very similar to the price I paid for my C1 so I thought nothing of it (£2500 + is pretty expensive for a solo cruiser anyway IMO) and now they have only charged me the admin fee so I am happy in the cabin I wanted in the first place! :)

Oh okay, glad it all worked out.