Silent Roll Call...Is there a charter?!

zackarykeef

Hey everyone....I haven't experienced this before, so maybe y'all can provide some insight...

We are heading out on the Pearl to Alaska on June 5...so soon and can't wait! However, the roll call is DEAD! I think there are only 8 people in the roll call (myself included), and there have only been FIVE posts, with the last one back in March! I posted in April, but it has been silent since...I really have never seen such a quiet roll call.

This will be our first time to Alaska...maybe roll calls just aren't as big on Alaska sailings as they are in the Caribbean? I was worried that it may mean there is a partial charter...I could only recall horror stories I've heard about those... :eek: Although I'm not sure how often people charter Alaska cruises!

Anyone have any insight? I guess we might just be on a quieter cruise then...maybe with less CCers on board. Who knows? I guess I will find out in a few weeks!

Edited by zackarykeef

Only a VERY small fraction of cruisers even know about Cruise Critic....you could be on a sailing with LOTS of those folks...they simply don't know (or care) about "chatting" with their fellow vacationers!

Our roll call for our July 3 Pearl Alaska sailing is quiet also. As comparison, our roll call for our 2013 Med cruise with Royal Caribbean was insane; so many people! I guess it just depends on itinerary. You will have a great cruise regardless! :)

Our 2016 Pearl NYE Panama Canal roll call is also dead. There have only been a few posts between 3 or 4 people. Am really surprised and am hoping that it gets more active as we get closer to the sailing date.

I think this is one of the dates that has the Judaica charter on it.

I think this is one of the dates that has the Judaica charter on it.

Oh boy. That would explain it. Any idea how I could confirm this?

Was on a cruise out of NYC two years ago that had a large charter group

and it was not a pleasant experience. :mad:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2333900

This is where I first saw it on post #16.

Thanks EllieinNJ for both the heads up and the follow

up. Can't imagine how I missed that thread.

Ok, now the big decision...............to cruise or cancel.

Have a lot to lose canceling. We booked a year ago

so have both the drink and the unlimited dining packages AND I just

booked our air last week. But I have to say that our cruise 2 yrs ago was really bad because of the charter group so we will have to think long and hard about what to do.