Flow Rider

Note to self: Don't waste money on a pedicure for my daughter!!

Too bad they can't wear water socks. They are so fitted, they can't fly off. They are meant for water sports.

My son's feet bleed sometimes from doing martial arts barefoot, and the constant rubbing on the mats. I'd hate to see how his feet get torn up on flow rider. Seems to me water socks keep it more sanitary.

Kids are excited for flowrider, our last two Royal cruises they were to young/too light. Only 8 and 10 but they are both tall enough to stand now and we don't sail until November. Now, if only I can figure out how to keep their little feet in tact.

My husband cruises just to flowride, so I have spent countless hours in the stands cheering him on. From my observations, the hardest falls (whiplash) in stand up flowriding are often taken by the lightest weight riders. If your kids are only 8 and 10, be sure to have them talk to one of the instructors to get specific instructions on how to fall safely. Also, my husband has never had an issue with his feet on the flowrider, but wears a long sleeved rashguard to keep his elbows covered as they take the brunt of his falls.

• 3 weeks later...
I flowride several times a week (body boarding) and have no issues cutting up my feet and I am an aggressive rider. I have broken a few toes over the years but no cuts!

Iceman, hope you are doing well.

Andrew

Yes, everyone does. It's not about age, it's letting the staff know that you signed the waiver. It goes well with the tux on formal night.:D

I'd say the tux clashes with the beautiful wrist band. It's the best accessory I wear all week.

I'm 19 and I have been cruising with Royal Caribbean since I was 4 and I have been doing the flowrider since I was 12. I actually just got new swim shorts by Oneill in girls and I got s Oneill swim shirt for girls too for the flowrider. But I love doing the flowrider. I always do it. When my parents go to the diamond club for lunch I go to the flowrider. Also I'm a diamond plus on Royal Caribbean. But anyway my parents are actually proud of me of what I can do. She said even though you got learning disability, that doesn't mean you can't do. She said u can do what ever u want. If it makes you happy. And she's right I'm always happy when I go on. And she said for a person who has learning disability. U have a every good memory. It's true. I told her I know that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can't wait to get back on the liberty in two months. I flow ride a ton at home(Aqua Shop in Plano rd) but it's a single flowrider and the one on Liberty is a double. Everyone gets whiplash and a sore neck the first time they do it. Also I second the rash guard. Buy the kids the long sleeve ones, if they end up flow riding a lot, they will be outside standing in the sun for a long periods of time. If your kids end up liking it and you cruise a lot, buy them their own board. The flowrider outlaw boards(the type of stand up boards) they use on the cruise ship are not very good and makes it harder to learn anything

Edited by Lordnlkon

I tried it 2 years ago on the navigator when I was 38. The attendant made me take off my wedding ring for fear of losing it. I only did the on my belly version and got swept pretty hard into the back wall. Thought for sure may have actually broken my shoulder. I was in pain the rest of the trip. My boys loved it though and did it successfully many times, ages 12 and 13 at the time. Cruising on Liberty in June, this time I will only be a spectator!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

A couple weeks ago, here at the flowrider at home, a guy lost his wedding ring of 18 years. Definitely don't wear jewelery.

I didn't.

Biker, who first tried the Flowrider on Quantum in the North Atlantic in November and loved it.

That's cool. I try to bring as many new people in to flow riding as I can. It's usually just par for the course. If you ride enough, as you're learning to ride, you just ending taking a fall where it happens. Not really a big deal. The longer you ride, your muscles get used to it.

Edited by Lordnlkon

• 10 months later...

I have been going on the FLOWRIDER since I was twelve and I love it. I'm a diamond plus on royal Caribbean and Every year I go on royal Caribbean I always sign up for the flowrider and I love it. But this year I'm going on royal Caribbean brilliance of the seas so sadly there is no FLOWRIDER. But I love doing the FLOWRIDER I'm just trying to do a spin last time. I'm able to stand up on my knees and I can do the stand up one but I can't do the spin. Does anyone know how to do it.

I have been going on the FLOWRIDER since I was twelve and I love it. I'm a diamond plus on royal Caribbean and Every year I go on royal Caribbean I always sign up for the flowrider and I love it. But this year I'm going on royal Caribbean brilliance of the seas so sadly there is no FLOWRIDER. But I love doing the FLOWRIDER I'm just trying to do a spin last time. I'm able to stand up on my knees and I can do the stand up one but I can't do the spin. Does anyone know how to do it.

Check youtube!