Harmony of the seas

Well here I am, probably the most excited I've been for years about going on a brand new ship.

But my roll call thread is the most dull and uninspiring that I've ever seen on CC. It's the biggest feat of engineering in the world, yet no one seems to be interested at all.

Has anyone else had threads like this ?

Well here I am, probably the most excited I've been for years about going on a brand new ship.

But my roll call thread is the most dull and uninspiring that I've ever seen on CC. It's the biggest feat of engineering in the world, yet no one seems to be interested at all.

Has anyone else had threads like this ?

I totally geek out over the amazing engineering and tech on the ships...my wife and a lot of others I talk to...meh it's just a floating hotel with restaurants and pools, etc. Weirdos ;)

My Harmony cruise next May canNOT get here fast enough. Haven't done an Oasis class yet, can't wait to check it out.

It's active, just extremely unexciting

Hi Lumpyguy1, I'm in THAT roll call too. And I agree, it's the most apathetic thread I've ever been.

I'm very excited about our sailing, despite being on Allure twice, I can't wait to step into the new beast in Barcelona. I've closely watching her progress, even I was looking some pictures of the delivery ceremony on social media today.

Some people is secretly following our thread, but they prefer to stay quiet, but I know they are there watching us. :cool:

Hi Lumpyguy1, I'm in THAT roll call too. And I agree, it's the most apathetic thread I've ever been.

I'm very excited about our sailing, despite being on Allure twice, I can't wait to step into the new beast in Barcelona. I've closely watching her progress, even I was looking some pictures of the delivery ceremony on social media today.

Some people is secretly following our thread, but they prefer to stay quiet, but I know they are there watching us. :cool:

I know you are pipo. It's almost impossible to talk generally to people on there. To quote you end up with a massive post.

It's feeling like a waste of a ship at the moment. And the thread really is taking it for granted.......We're 31 days away and booking trips in advance is the biggest priority on there at the moment.

I'm on the 29th May cruise and am very much looking forward to it

Not quite as much as when we booked and paid through the nose for an inaugural, only to be told they were adding two cruises on before our, but still looking forward to it :confused:

A roll call doesn't even exist for our upcoming July 2016 sailing on Harmony.

As far as I can see, there are indeed two roll calls missing: 21 July and 24 July. Note, though, that both these sailings have an overlap with other sailings. So, even though those two sailings do not (yet?) have their own roll call, the people embarking on 21 or 24 July can get acquainted with fellow passengers on the roll calls for the sailings of 17 July 2016 and 28 July 2016. Maybe not ideal, but better than nothing.

As far as I can see, there are indeed two roll calls missing: 21 July and 24 July. Note, though, that both these sailings have an overlap with other sailings. So, even though those two sailings do not (yet?) have their own roll call, the people embarking on 21 or 24 July can get acquainted with fellow passengers on the roll calls for the sailings of 17 July 2016 and 28 July 2016. Maybe not ideal, but better than nothing.

I have no idea of what you mean when you write "there are indeed two roll calls missing: 21 July and 24 July. Note, though that both thee sailings have an overlap with other sailings."

A sailing is a sailing, what is an 'overlap'?

Edited by Paulette3028

I have no idea of what you mean when you write "there are indeed two roll calls missing: 21 July and 24 July. Note, though that both thee sailings have an overlap with other sailings."

A sailing is a sailing, what is an 'overlap'?

With "overlap" I mean that the next cruise is starting before the other is finished. For example, there is roundtrip from Barcelona from 21 July to 28 July. However, there is also a roundtrip from Civitavecchia from 24 July until 31 July... So, days 5-8 of that first sailing "overlap" with days 1-4 of the second.

With "overlap" I mean that the next cruise is starting before the other is finished. For example, there is roundtrip from Barcelona from 21 July to 28 July. However, there is also a roundtrip from Civitavecchia from 24 July until 31 July... So, days 5-8 of that first sailing "overlap" with days 1-4 of the second.

Those other sailings have different passengers on them; they are totally separate cruises on different ships.

From Florida ports all the time, there are 3 and 4 day cruises, and other sailings of 7 or more days.

Those other sailings have different passengers on them; they are totally separate cruises on different ships.

No, they are not; they are all on Harmony. The whole 2016 season Harmony is doing 7 night roundtrips out of Barcelona with a port call in Civitavecchia on day 5 and at the same time it's doing 7 night roundtrips out of Civitavecchia with a port call in Barcelona on day 4. They are taking in passengers in both cities.

Edited by Antropos
Added the length of the sailings: 7 nights

No, they are not; they are all on Harmony. The whole 2016 season Harmony is doing 7 night roundtrips out of Barcelona with a port call in Civitavecchia on day 5 and at the same time it's doing 7 night roundtrips out of Civitavecchia with a port call in Barcelona on day 4. They are taking in passengers in both cities.

Thanks for the clarification. I have only heard of that a few times.

Thanks for the clarification. I have only heard of that a few times.

You're welcome. Actually, I never heard of this practice at all - not with RCI at least; it is more common with some other cruise lines. But I only just found out myself when I began looking for those missing roll calls :rolleyes: I do wonder if this has been RCI's plan all along, or that those sailings out of Civitavecchia were added later on possibly because of the sellings falling behind in the Med this year.

I'm on that roll call too. I thought that was how roll calls were - it's our first cruise. Very excited for the cruise for our honeymoon. What else is usually discussed on the roll call? I suppose it's hard to talk about the ship when no one has sailed on it yet