Where To Stay For Overnight - Fort Lauderdale

Will be going on a cruise on the Oasis in August - looking for an economical hotel (3 rooms) for the night before. Our flight does not get in until 6 p.m., so we don't need a lot of bells and whistles, as we won't be in the hotel all that long. It would need to have a restaurant in the hotel or be in an area where we could walk to for dinner.

Travelling with ages 3 to 82.

Thank you.

Will be going on a cruise on the Oasis in August - looking for an economical hotel (3 rooms) for the night before. Our flight does not get in until 6 p.m., so we don't need a lot of bells and whistles, as we won't be in the hotel all that long. It would need to have a restaurant in the hotel or be in an area where we could walk to for dinner.

Thank you.

We've used Springhill Suites in Dania Beach several times with good results. Free airport shuttle, free shuttle to the cruise port, and free breakfast. Some restaurants within walking distance.

Also check the Florida Departures forum here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Thank you.

Going on the Allure in August from Fort Lauderdale and also arriving around 6pm the evening prior to cruise. I booked 3 rooms at Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise port. Its economical with free shuttle from airport and to cruise port and free breakfast. I contacted the manager directly and got a great group rate!

Will be going to Rendezvous Bar and Grill which is a 5 minute walk from the hotel with Marina/water view.

We have done the DoubleTree Gallery twice and I have her booked again for October pre-Allure.

It can be a little more expensive than others, but the location and amenities are great.

This upcoming trip I was able to book a two bedroom suite with living room and kitchen for $260, which was cheaper than two connecting rooms for the kids and grandkids.

Another vote for the Embassy Suites. Rooms are definite two-room suites so you might not need three rooms ...... Maybe two?

Morning full cooked buffet breakfast. Free drinks the night before. Walking distance to lots of shops and restaurants.

If that doesn't work for you any of the major chains on 17th Street are very convenient.

We like the Embassy suites, free breakfast (awesome), but we take a cab to port we do not do there shuttle.

Enjoy

I like the Embassy Suites as well... but wow.. at times the price is very reasonable, and other times it is more than I paid to fly to Florida!

I also use the cab option going from the hotels in the area to the piers... I like to go at my speed, not the transfers - which when I am ready to go to the ship is NOW.

Shop around and see the prices in the area, but remember to add cab fares, shuttles (Free, money per trip, money per person for shuttles) so play with the numbers and find the best deals

In Ft Lauderdale we have stayed at Embassy Suites a few times. You can price a few ways - they have a stay and cruise (the price is higher than if you don't book that way) - where they have a shuttle going from hotel to the ship. They also have where they can pick you up at the airport. You need to crunch the numbers. sometime it has been better or us to not do the "package." We also have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Dania - they have free shuttle from FLL airport to the hotel. And there is a service you pay for to go to the port.

We stayed at the Double tree there once, too much $ for the poor quality service we got. Staying at a Hampton inn tonight to get on Oasis tomorrow. I'm hoping it's good because I've never had a bad stay at a Hampton inn but idk.... Not sure if that helped at all, lol. Have a good cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We've used Springhill Suites in Dania Beach several times with good results. Free airport shuttle, free shuttle to the cruise port, and free breakfast. Some restaurants within walking distance.

I second the spring hill suites. Free shuttle to port (return trip for a fee) and also free shuttles back and forth to airport.

Walking distance to Burger King, mc Donald's, Taco Bell, chipotle, Kmart and a few other stores that you may want to check out.

We came in the night before about 8pm and it suited our needs perfectly.

I was reading reviews at Trip Advisor - and someone said that there is a plaza and restaurants across the street. Is it a highway with a lot of lanes or would we be able to walk across the road to get to restaurants?

Thank you

I was reading reviews at Trip Advisor - and someone said that there is a plaza and restaurants across the street. Is it a highway with a lot of lanes or would we be able to walk across the road to get to restaurants?

Thank you

It was easy to get to Burger King and Chipotle, but it's a larger steet to cross to get to the shopping center and more restaurants. Not a huge deal to walk, there is a crosswalk.

Edited by clarea

Stayed at the Rodeway in March. It was fine. Was on Regal Princess and the shuttle went only there. Got it on Hotwire so good rate.

We are currently booked there. Not getting into FLL until 6pm - so by the time they get us there - it will most likely be around 7 p.m. There are 7 of us - ages 3-82. When I called to make the reservations - they told me they had a lobby full of people and to call central booking or call back in the morning. lol

I called "central" and made the reservations - asked for 1st floor (because we have an 82 year old and someone who just recently had a hip replacement), also asked for a pack n play for one of the rooms. Just don't know if all of that will be available by the time we arrive.

One of the reasons we picked it was because it was economical and there was a restaurant next door (figured that would be great after traveling all day with a 2 and year old), but I recently read that one couple went to eat there and they told them that they were full and to come back in 45 minutes. Oh dear. lol.

If it were just hubby and I we would be fine with whatever came at us but traveling with little ones and a senior - not quite as simple. :-)

we stay at the embassy suites. been there twice and will be there again in another month and will book again for next july as well. Hotel is great. The breakfast is awesome. you are a couple blocks from a grocery store, many restaurants and fast food, and walgreens. not to mention if you get a room on the south side of the building you have a great view of the cruise ships in port.

Stayed at the roadway before boarding the jewel late April. We've stayed there before but won't stay there again. It's gone way down hill.. Drunks smoking pot around the swimming pool, loud and obnoxious wait staff in the restaurant that took over an hour to get crap food and a front desk that cannot check a person in without it taking ten minutes plus. We ended up having to change rooms due to the key cards not working and three trips to the office. You can tell this place has a don't care attitude by the signs placed around the property.. Like seriously who is going to use a washcloth to detail their car? And the shuttle has been known to drive off with people's luggage at the port before they can unload it from the pull behind trailer. NO go somewhere else. And if u prepay they still want a service fee and a hold on a cc.

We are currently booked at Rodeway inn and Suites. Some good some not so good reviews. A bit nervous about some of the not so good reviews.

We stayed there a few years ago. At the time the hotel was clean, rooms were inexpensive, free shuttle from airport to hotel and then to terminal. Nice sized pool. About the only thing we did not like was there was no elevator. Only 2 stories high but DW does not do stairs well

May want to give Hotwire a try.

WE just got rooms at the Renaissance Hotel on 17th St right outside the port. We got a great rate of $136 with all taxes and fees included. That is for friday Nov. 11th. I had been watching hotwire for deals and they kept running a deal for $128 for a 4 * hotel. With taxes i think it would have ran about $160. I did a bunch of research and figured out it had to be one of 4 different 4* hotels in that area. Since I would be ok with any of them, we decided to book it. Well, I got up the next morning and had a one day special for an extra $20 off any booking. So we got it even cheaper.

Now if I can just get some good rates on Southwest flights when they come out this week!!!!

Can't wait to try this hotel, should be able to see the port from some of the top floors. Just hope we can get flights that get us there early enough to enjoy it a little bit.

We are staying at the Hampton Inn North Cruise Port. 4 miles from the airport with free shuttle, 2 miles from cruise port shuttle is 6 pp, and across the street is a shopping center with restaurants and stores for last minute buys. I believe we paid 130 for the room.

We just booked the Hyatt at pier 66 for $77 a night for a marina view with my corp rate. It had mixed reviews, but we are just there 2 nights ( we fly in one sat early in case of any issues or delays) and figure in August some nice pool or beach time is all we need. And at that rate I thought we can't go wrong. Hope to get upgraded with my Hyatt status but we will see!

we stay at the embassy suites. been there twice and will be there again in another month and will book again for next july as well. Hotel is great. The breakfast is awesome. you are a couple blocks from a grocery store, many restaurants and fast food, and walgreens. not to mention if you get a room on the south side of the building you have a great view of the cruise ships in port.

Do you walk to the restaurants or take a taxi?

We like the Embassy suites, free breakfast (awesome), but we take a cab to port we do not do there shuttle.

Enjoy

How much does the cab run to the cruiseport and why don't you use their shuttle?

Thanks