general questions, but I'll be on the Liberty

We were on Royal Caribbean a few years ago so I don't remember, however, we've been on Princess and Carnival recently. :rolleyes:

Now to the questions:

Does RC have anything comparable to Carnivals faster to the fun?

Does RC have a bottle of free wine in specialty restaurant on first night?

What can you tell me about the specialty restaurants?

And no laughing please;) does anyone have pictures of the gym?

Thanks in advance!!!

We were on Royal Caribbean a few years ago so I don't remember, however, we've been on Princess and Carnival recently. :rolleyes:

Now to the questions:

Does RC have anything comparable to Carnivals faster to the fun?no. Pinnacles and suites board first( after wedding parties and B2Bers) then you board by crown and anchor level

Does RC have a bottle of free wine in specialty restaurant on first night? only if your TA offers it as a perk.

What can you tell me about the specialty restaurants? some people eat there exclusively, others won't spend the money. we like most of them and if we have the OBC will spend it in a specialty

And no laughing please;) does anyone have pictures of the gym? not of that ship but it is pretty decent.

Thanks in advance!!!

SOMETIMES you can get a discount on a specialty the first 2 nights but if there are a large number of Diamonds and up on board, probably not as their BOGO coupon is only good those two nights

We are going on Liberty in October. There are three specialty restaurants on Liberty; Chops for steaks ($35pp), Giovanni's for Italian ($30pp) and Sabor for Mexican ($25pp). We have found Chops a bit pricey and were very happy with Giovanni's and Sabor on past cruises.

The gyms on all Voyager class and Freedom class ships (Liberty is a Freedom class) are large and well equipped. On Liberty there is a seating area toward the entrance that is used for lectures and demos. Thus freeing up the large area that was originally used for aerobics classes and lectures. Now that area is free for anyone to use creating their own routine; boot camp, yogi, cardio, etc. That is a big plus for me. The only classes I have seen there on LB are the for pay($$$) boot camp classes about 3 or 4 times a week.

We are going on Liberty in October. There are three specialty restaurants on Liberty; Chops for steaks ($35pp), Giovanni's for Italian ($30pp) and Sabor for Mexican ($25pp). We have found Chops a bit pricey and were very happy with Giovanni's and Sabor on past cruises.

We've been reading about Chops and how it's not worth it, however, being Italian and kind of picky on Italian food those of you that have had it, is it authentic? In your opinion do you think this Italian girl would like it? All in for trying Sabors!!!

The gyms on all Voyager class and Freedom class ships (Liberty is a Freedom class) are large and well equipped. On Liberty there is a seating area toward the entrance that is used for lectures and demos. Thus freeing up the large area that was originally used for aerobics classes and lectures. Now that area is free for anyone to use creating their own routine; boot camp, yogi, cardio, etc. That is a big plus for me. The only classes I have seen there on LB are the for pay($$$) boot camp classes about 3 or 4 times a week.

Over the passed few months I've gone from a size 20 to a 12 and want to enjoy eating on this cruise so the gym is the equalizer!!!!

We've been reading about Chops and how it's not worth it, however, being Italian and kind of picky on Italian food those of you that have had it, is it authentic? In your opinion do you think this Italian girl would like it? All in for trying Sabors!!!

I've no idea if you would like Giovanni's. Here is the menu:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/giovannis.pdf

There is no cesare salad on the new LB Giovanni's menu. Frankly none of the salads interested me at dinner. Next time I will request a cesare salad and see what happens. Since that is offered every night in the MDR, surely they can accommodate. I do, however, LOVE the new grilled octopus listed as a salad.

SOMETIMES you can get a discount on a specialty the first 2 nights but if there are a large number of Diamonds and up on board, probably not as their BOGO coupon is only good those two vnights

Diamonds do not have this BOGO offer. It is for D+ & PC.

There is no free wine ****But you are allowed to carry-on 2 bottles of wine per cabin. So you could take one of those to the specialty dining of your choice for free.

We just got off the Liberty this past Sunday and Decided to give Chop one more try ... Had tried in the past and wasn't overly impressed! This time was awesome! The service was perfect and the steaks were so tender! We did not go to any of the others.

We are D+ and we did have the BOGO coupons to use on nights 1 & 2.

The gym on the Liberty is big but it fills up fast early in the morning. It was hard to find a machine without waiting around between 6 - 9!