What coolers do you take on board?

I have been researching this topic and I am interested in taking the approved 12x12 cooler on board. I likely will be packing a ice pack with some medicine initially but want to use it for ice in the cabin and to take to the beach with a few waters and ice. What coolers do you use? Thank you for your suggestions.

We use one made by California Innovations. It has a hard liner that can be removed. The room steward kept our filled with ice. My daughter uses insulin, so we took two extra of her different insulins. The room steward will put the cooler in the shower. You can just remove it when showering and then put it back in. My suggestion is to put the medication in a zip lock bag inside the cooler. We never tried to take ours off the ship, but I think you can. Maybe others can answer that question.

15373007?wid=480&hei=480

This is what mine looks like. It has a removable hardliner and access from the top so you don't have to open the entire bag and let all the cold out. Mine holds 12 regular sized cans...I think it might be a little larger than the 12 x 12 but I've always been able to bring it on.

Edited by grumpyjr88

We are cruising in a balcony that does not have a mini fridge. This is my first time coming across this issue. We like to keep cold bottles of water and some of the soda's we carry on cold. Will your room steward put some ice in your cooler and give you an ice bucket? Seems trivial, but just trying to get the facts before I tell the other 4 rooms with me. Thanks.

We are cruising in a balcony that does not have a mini fridge. This is my first time coming across this issue. We like to keep cold bottles of water and some of the soda's we carry on cold. Will your room steward put some ice in your cooler and give you an ice bucket? Seems trivial, but just trying to get the facts before I tell the other 4 rooms with me. Thanks.

I know that when we first meet our Steward, we ask him/her to keep the cooler full of ice, and it is always taken care of.. I have never asked for or been given an ice bucket...

It folds up nice and compact!! Sometimes if the pool is not full I can get away with bringing it in the pool and it gets tons of complements.

Its called Aqua Oasis by AirHead I purchased this one in 2014 and will always come with me on my cruises from now on.

It even has numbers on each cup holder so numerous people can store their beers and never get mixed up if the same....also comes with a wrist strap to attach to it so it does not get away from you!! Once I didn't wear it and i had to get someone to rescue it from way out!!

Edited by tony_g51181

I need that floaty cooler!!! :D

Your steward will fill both your cooler and your bucket for you if you let him know the first day. If they forget, just leave a little sticky note for them and they will get it taken care of for you.

If I buy 4 coors light and have it sent to my room can I use a cooler like this and bring those beers down to the pool area?

I was just on a carnival cruise in April and I am going again in August and I thought I would do this rather than try to get beers at the bar during peak busy times. It was hard to get a beer sometimes this past April--even with tipping.

I use a soft-side cooler than folds flat. most times I pack in my suitcase. Sometimes I will carry it on and store things inside -like my REd Bull.

When in a balcony, we would store the cooler outside because it does sweat a lot. When in an OV, we keep it in the shower. I mostly keep wine in there, and some of the pre-purchased bottle waters that we have in the room.

The room steward will fill with ice every day - just ask them the first day and they will take care.

There is also an ice bucket in the room but it is very small - and the ice is not easily accessible at the room level - you would have to either ask a Steward to fill for you or take something to the other decks to fill with ice.

We have always had a cooler in the room, but usually will carry cups of ice for water , we use the cups with the screw-on lids, when off the ship.

If I buy 4 coors light and have it sent to my room can I use a cooler like this and bring those beers down to the pool area?

I was just on a carnival cruise in April and I am going again in August and I thought I would do this rather than try to get beers at the bar during peak busy times. It was hard to get a beer sometimes this past April--even with tipping.

Yes you can, that is a great idea to take it to lido with you. I agree the bars are usually very busy, especially when its hot outside.

I have been researching this topic and I am interested in taking the approved 12x12 cooler on board. I likely will be packing a ice pack with some medicine initially but want to use it for ice in the cabin and to take to the beach with a few waters and ice. What coolers do you use? Thank you for your suggestions.

This exact one, 9 cruises, never a problem - love it!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008RR661K/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?qid=1463632755&sr=8-4&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=rolling+cooler+collapsible&dpPl=1&dpID=41Oq4QpWstL&ref=plSrch

I had a 12 by 12 on my first cruise. Red to boot. Looked medical and it was confiscated.

Carnival Valor Sept 2013

Loved my cruise anyway.

Bet they just figure it's a carry on cause it is bigger than the measurements Carnival gives for coolers. I like this one.

Bet they just figure it's a carry on cause it is bigger than the measurements Carnival gives for coolers. I like this one.

Maybe - on the way off we use it for the stuff we didn't pack before they took luggage the night before. It also folds and fits in the suitcase. Light too.