What can I expect?

Curly-Q

Princess Cruises provides complimentary in-suite afternoon tea service for full suite guests, upon request. I love having afternoon tea and have enjoyed in-suite tea service on Celebrity. However, this will be our first Princess cruise and a TA, what can I expect for in-suite afternoon tea--scones & cream, sandwiches, etc? Where/when do I make the request and is there a certain time frame when it's offered since this may effect what time we choose for evening dining. Thanks!

I seem to recall you make the request in the morning (by phone to room service?) and get tea in the afternoon.

The time is set to whatever time tea is served in the MDR.

It's wonderful, and they give you the full spread, with enough food for 4 people.

Edited by brianlojeck

We had four people and there was still too much food. You will be brought a selection of sandwiches, scones with cream and jam and sweets. The food and tea is brought all at one time and set on a table, either the cocktail table or you could have it on your balcony table.

This was from an Elite team delivery so I suspect in a suite it would be presented more elegantly, but I think the items are the same.

So the tea comes in the form of hot water and tea bags and not brewed as in the tea service dining room? I still haven't done the Elite tea service, but we'll be doing another TA next summer, so I definitely will do it then (if not before.)

Curly-Q, could you put up an Avitar so we know who you are. My wife goes by Curlyque so it would help extinguish you. Thanks

I don't think we want to extinguish anyone!;) LOL. (Okay, well I have a list, but that's a topic for a different day.):P

Edited by shredie

So the tea comes in the form of hot water and tea bags and not brewed as in the tea service dining room? I still haven't done the Elite tea service, but we'll be doing another TA next summer, so I definitely will do it then (if not before.)

We had tea bags both times. I like it because they included decaf teas but it's a lot of waste. They can't reuse the unused tea bags. I think we still have some in the pantry. :o

This was from an Elite team delivery so I suspect in a suite it would be presented more elegantly, but I think the items are the same.

photo-772393.JPG

image-774521.jpeg

image-792801.jpeg

image-791850.jpeg

The suite tea service isn't presented more elegantly than the Elite tea service. Edited by IECalCruiser

If you tell them there will be 4 it will be twice as much food as pictured above. More than you and 10 of your best friends can eat. The room service lead will visit/call ahead of time to ask your preferences.