Princess Dock in Sydney

Desert Cruisers

In 2017, we will be arriving into Sydney on the Emerald Princess and then transferring to the Sun Princess. Where is the cruise terminal located? I've read that there are two possible terminals so I'm a little confused.

There are two. The overseas cruise terminal at Circular Quay and White Bay Cruise terminal.

You can check exactly which one each ship is scheduled to be at by checking

http://www.globenettravel.com.au/cruises/sydney_port_cruise_schedule.asp

You did not give the dates but it looks like Emerald Princess uses Circular Quay. Sometimes Sun Princess uses Circular Quay, sometimes White Bay, depending upon which other ships are in port.

For example on March 7 when both the Emerald and Sun are in port, the Emerald is at Circular Quay and the Sun is at White Bay. A taxi ride away or maybe a ferry if one is running between the two.

Edited by RDC1

About a 100 yard walk, flat, from OPT to ferry terminal, then $9 ride to While Bay followed by a few hundred metre walk to the terminal.

Do they have the Captain Cook Cruise White Bay Cruise Terminal City Ferry running consistently now. Last time I was there the direct one had some issues and its future was somewhat uncertain. Some items concerning the docking location if I recall correctly.

At that time the closest option running was to Balmain East Wharf. A bit of a walk and required changing ferries.

Edited by RDC1

Are you sure you have the correct ships? According to the Port Authority website the Sun Princess is not due in Sydney at any time in January or February 2017. If you are arriving on the Emerald at the OPT on 10th January I notice that the Sea Princess is leaving from the Overseas Passenger Terminal on 11th January 2017. It appears that the Emerald is in Sydney 3 times during January.:)

Are you sure you have the correct ships? According to the Port Authority website the Sun Princess is not due in Sydney at any time in January or February 2017. If you are arriving on the Emerald at the OPT on 10th January I notice that the Sea Princess is leaving from the Overseas Passenger Terminal on 11th January 2017. It appears that the Emerald is in Sydney 3 times during January.:)

I never mentioned the dates in my original post. We will be arriving March 7, 2017 on the Emerald Princess and departing the same day on the Sun Princess. Had hoped to spend as much time as possible out and about in Sydney.

Thanks for the info re the Captain Cook ferry. I looked at the website and it appears to run only on embarkation/disembarkation days.

We are hoping that there are enough passengers transferring from the Emerald to the Sun that Princess will transfer our bags so that we can head out for the day without having to drop them off ourselves. This has been done in Southampton so maybe we can have the same luck in Sydney.

There were some newpaper articles last year that indicated that the docking site that they are using was a temporary arrangement and that they were having issues getting a permanent arrangement. Have not found anything that states that the issue has been resolved. Thus the question, which the web site does not appear to address.

Last year it did result in a period when the service was not available.

Edited by RDC1