Nice quiet spot on Escape?

dogboy

Agreed, during the day, the Waterfront was very empty, and I was on a Spring Break week cruise and the ship was packed.

If by "on deck" you mean on the pool deck, I don't think you will find a quiet spot. There is always music somewhere.

Thinking of getting Spa package but not Vibe. Where is the nice quiet cozy spot on deck. Thx

I have to say just having come off my cruise on the Escape that I wouldn't necessarily find the spa to be quiet. It was relatively busy when we were there, but maybe there are better times when it is not so busy, like after dinner. The library is definitely a quiet area and as others have said, the Waterfront is wonderfully quiet and esp nice on the side without all the sun. What's really nice there is that they put out coffee stations with pastries in the early morning for anyone who wants it. Very nice touch.

Have to agree with others about the waterfront. We were on the 2/13 Escape cruise and it was loaded with kids. Don't even think about the pool deck if you want quiet. The waterfront was a good spot and the 5:00 anywhere bar was close by to take advantage of our UBP. Very convenient and quiet.

We were on the Escape last week. Waterfront is a nice place to spend the days. There is a bunch of sofa and chairs. For those who want to sit and read, the tables for all of the restaurants that serve at night (Cagney's, Monderno, Bayamo) are open for reading, writing, and game play. the Bayamo tables are nice since you can walk into the Surgarcane bar and get a drink (although Pincho serves lunch for a few hours mid-day).

We were on the Escape last November. I would agree that on our cruise there were always times during the day parts of the waterfront were pretty quiet. I don't remember exactly, but I think on Deck 19 if you walk all the way to the front of the ship there was a small sundeck which was pretty empty. I'll see if I can find more information or a picture. Maybe someone else knows the spot I'm talking about.

They are selling a lot of day passes for the spa. A lot. It's not as peaceful as I remember on other ships....still nice but things like tile lounge chair saving goes on. You know like on the pool deck, you put your towel on the lounger to save your spot and then go have lunch. I noticed a couple weeks ago on the Escape, the same thing was happening with the heated tile loungers. People would put their towel and book on it to save it while they left! I don't know if they left the spa but tile loungers sat unused with towels, shoes and books "saving" them. It's busy too.

As far as a quiet spot, I agree with the Waterfront idea. Lots of spots and it's covered so it will be shaded. You will have no problem.

Edited by Vyhanek

I don't remember exactly, but I think on Deck 19 if you walk all the way to the front of the ship there was a small sundeck which was pretty empty. I'll see if I can find more information or a picture. Maybe someone else knows the spot I'm talking about.

JimZim has some good pictures of public decks 19 and 20...

Sundeck-Deck19-IMG_7194.jpg

Sundeck-Deck20-IMG_7152.JPG

http://www.jimzim.net/NorwegianEscape.html