Day Use Beach Resorts, another question

klstiger

Sorry to ask this question but can't read every post about this topic...

3 options for day use:

Mr. Sanchos

playa mia

Nachicoco

I am trying to figure out what is best for us????

We have about 30 people! Youngest is 8 up to mid 70's and one in a wheel chair. There are two others LARGE cruise ships that get into Cozumel two hours before us. (Carnival Dream)

Are any of these places better than the other? one tends to get more crowded? Majority of us will purchase the all inclusive but some will not. (Do any of these places separate the people who paid all inclusive vs. pay as you go) Do you just take a cab from the pier?

Any advice or thoughts to help us choose which would be better, I would greatly appreciate!

Mr Sanchos WILL separate the All Inclusive from the Pay As You Go. There is tiered pricing for different age groups for the AI, and they will 'hold' spots for you if you pre-book with a $5pp deposit.

You didn't mention Paradise Beach. It doesn't have an AI, but it is very reasonably priced and may fit your group dynamics.

Mr Sanchos WILL separate the All Inclusive from the Pay As You Go. There is tiered pricing for different age groups for the AI, and they will 'hold' spots for you if you pre-book with a $5pp deposit.

You didn't mention Paradise Beach. It doesn't have an AI, but it is very reasonably priced and may fit your group dynamics.

Yes just came across Paradise Beach. I also read that for Mr. Sanchos all inclusive price does not include the water activities...

UGH, this is becoming overwhelming!

Sanchos separates the AI from pay-as-you-go customers to prevent unscrupulous cruisers (surely no one from your group would do this) from "sharing" their "free" drinks with PAYG customers.

Water toys are another add on - I think $12-15 per person; let the teens and young at heart wear themselves out while you enjoy another margarita!

Playa Palancar is farther away and tends to draw a smaller crowd - I believe it is only pay as you go, but offers a great beach & good facilities. About a $20 cab ride each way.

If you did not have kids in your group I would suggest The Money Bar - great snorkeling from the shore, no pool and no beach (you enter the water vis steps), a sandy area for sunning and relaxing, lockers, good facilities, foo , drinks, service, etc. and only a $10 cab ride from the piers.

Good luck!

Playa Uvas has a restaurant and bar. Entry is $15 that includes beach, pool, snorkel tour, kayakw and one free drink. If you want open bar with that it's $37. It's smaller and both times we went wasn't crowded.

They use colored bracelets to tell the groups apart so you can all sit together.

Edited by grantbob

One thing I haven't seen anyone mention about your post...is Nachi Cocom. It is an AI only. So if you go there, everyone will have to pay the AI price. ;)

I have been to all 3 of these places. I have extensive reviews in my signature line and there are TONS of pictures that might help you out. :)

One thing I haven't seen anyone mention about your post...is Nachi Cocom. It is an AI only. So if you go there, everyone will have to pay the AI price. ;)

I have been to all 3 of these places. I have extensive reviews in my signature line and there are TONS of pictures that might help you out. :)

Mitsugirly, I know you take a lot of photos!

Do you happen to have a recent photo of the taxi rates from the pier? There is talk about fare increases, (for example Puerta Maya to Palancar $25 above used to be $20 and $25 from town). I have not read any recent reports of official increases on the local sources that I use and wondered if this was "official" or "unofficial"?

Do you happen to have a recent photo of the taxi rates from the pier? There is talk about fare increases, (for example Puerta Maya to Palancar $25 above used to be $20 and $25 from town). I have not read any recent reports of official increases on the local sources that I use and wondered if this was "official" or "unofficial"?

Actually I don't think I have taken a picture of the taxi rates for quite some time now. I usually just go by what others say it is and take along some extra $$ just in case it has increased. :p The problem is having 3 different cruise ports there, so all the prices are always different between each other, so I just stopped keeping track of it. :D

My adult daughter and I go to Coz every year (Puerta Maya) and then to Palancar. For years the taxi fare was $20 each way for up to 4 people from PM to Palancar. In June 2015, on our annual trip there, when we got to the taxi stand out front of the pier, the price on the large fare sign had been changed to $25 and I verified it with the man queuing the taxis. My daughter and I are teachers and it's doubtful we both hallucinated this. I teach junior high and if they can't make me lose my mind, nothing will. I have a friend who lives near there and I'll ask her to take a picture because i can't locate the one I took then.

Taken today, May 30. $25 taxi fare from Puerta Maya to Palancar. This was in effect during my last trip there June 2015.

IMG_20160530_170914.jpg.7494dadb009a2cb9912c93dedb59ffb9.jpg