Oasis ATS vs CLS - thoughts?

if you were considering the rooms against each other for a family of 3 adults and 1 child....what would you go with?

I realize that there are many perks with the Star class suite...but your are paying way more too for that....

room wise I think the CLS are prettier decor, yet the ATS gives you 2 actual bedrooms. I prefer the bigger deck.

I guess really I am deciding if the ATS is worth the big difference in price....and I am taking into account the included items which help me justify the costs but really curious...

room vs room...what you would pick. thanks :)

With four people I would say a CLS would be tight.

The bed for person 3 and 4 is the couch.

yes it is. We have the CLS booked now. Its my Sister and her Daughter, 7 yrs old on the couch. it was the best solution so we could all have suite benefits.

Edited by minnie00

The only downside I can see to the ATS is maybe the minor increase in distance getting to the SL/CK. Being just down the hallway on deck 17 was pretty sweet.

But I think the increase in deck size and cabin footprint outweigh that especially if you are getting the two bedroom ATS.

We were also in an OS on deck 10 and it didn't keep us from enjoying the SL/CK and we loved the huge balcony and what I thought was a better designed living area.

The price on the OS and CLS are usually pretty comparable. You might find the OS would give you more room and a better lay out with four people. Downside is only one bathroom, which with four people might be very important.

Edited by jamesr3939

The only downside I can see to the ATS is maybe the minor increase in distance getting to the SL/CK. Being just down the hallway on deck 17 was pretty sweet.

But I think the increase in deck size and cabin footprint outweigh that especially if you are getting the two bedroom ATS.

We were also in an OS on deck 10 and it didn't keep us from enjoying the SL/CK and we loved the huge balcony and what I thought was a better designed living area.

The price on the OS and CLS are usually pretty comparable. You might find the OS would give you more room and a better lay out with four people. Downside is only one bathroom, which with four people might be very important.

I got voted out on the OS...they wanted 2 bathrooms if possible. ;) I agree on the layout. I love that the deck has a table for 4 to eat at

We shared 4 ladies in a cls. There was no issue. The downstairs couch folded out close to twin size beds.

Loved being on 17 so close to CL and one flight down to the suite pool deck

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by irishgal432

Keep in mid they lay out the couch as "bed #2" so you can't actually separate into 2 beds. The CLS is a better room IMHO, but it sounds like the ATS is you best bet.

I didn't know this. thank you

We are also thinking about a Crown Loft Suite on Oasis for our family with two teenage boys. My plan at the moment is a B2B with two balcony cabins the first week and a surprise CLS the second. The boys however are too large to share a sofa bed (and would not be amenable to that idea even if they were smaller!) but was thinking a roll away bed could work. Has anyone ever heard of rollaways being allowed in CLS? I queried Royal but no response as yet.

I guess our other option is put them on the split twin beds upstairs but not my first preference as I want the upstairs for my wife and I! :)

We are also thinking about a Crown Loft Suite on Oasis for our family with two teenage boys. My plan at the moment is a B2B with two balcony cabins the first week and a surprise CLS the second. The boys however are too large to share a sofa bed (and would not be amenable to that idea even if they were smaller!) but was thinking a roll away bed could work. Has anyone ever heard of rollaways being allowed in CLS? I queried Royal but no response as yet.

I guess our other option is put them on the split twin beds upstairs but not my first preference as I want the upstairs for my wife and I! :)

We are wondering the same thing. We have 2 large boys who would benefit from a roll away bed in a CLS. Anxious for the latest answer - we have had positive and negative replies.

I would go with the 2-bedroom ATS if it does not break the budget. Not only do you get more space but you get all the special benefits associated with Star Class, including the Royal Genie.

Yes those suites look great. However I can't seem to get an online price for the 2 bedroom ATS on the Aussie website. If it is anything like the price for the other Star Class suites it would be at least an extra $A7000 for the week compared to a CLS and quite possibly more! :eek: Not sure I can afford to surprise the family that much!!

A couple years ago I was very persistent checking prices, and we lucked into a great (paid) upgrade to a Deck 9 ATS. If you can swing it, do it! Even though the suite itself is finished more like a JS or an RFS, the space and the balcony more than make up for it! We practically lived on the balcony! Another advantage for your situation is that you will have a second bedroom with two twin beds, or one person can sleep in the second bedroom and the other can use the sleeper sofa in the living room.

for our trip it is 4k more for the ATS over our CLS so its not a go for us. but I keep checking...but in the end we are pretty excited to try the CLS. the decor and wow factor will be a fun change for us:)

I requested a rollaway bed on the Allure and was able to get it. However, my son said it was extremely uncomfortable. I laid on it and it was. There was no cushion. You could feel the springs. The stateroom attendant used extra lien thinking it would help. It did not. Midway through the cruise the stewardess brought up an egg crate mattress cover and that made the difference.

My suggestion would be to request the rollaway bed (I think they are limited in number) with an egg crate from the Concierge when you receive the welcome email.

I requested a rollaway bed on the Allure and was able to get it. However, my son said it was extremely uncomfortable. I laid on it and it was. There was no cushion. You could feel the springs. The stateroom attendant used extra lien thinking it would help. It did not. Midway through the cruise the stewardess brought up an egg crate mattress cover and that made the difference.

My suggestion would be to request the rollaway bed (I think they are limited in number) with an egg crate from the Concierge when you receive the welcome email.

That sounds like a plan - thanks so much for the confirmation! One of my boys can sleep on anything (been camping with Scouts a fair bit) so am pretty sure we could get that to work.

I would go with the 2-bedroom ATS if it does not break the budget. Not only do you get more space but you get all the special benefits associated with Star Class, including the Royal Genie.

This is what sold us on the ATS in August on Oasis of the Seas as there will be 5 adults in the suite. The benefits of Star class take care of pretty much everything your party will need for the week.