Evening chic

sarshecky

I have researched but cannot find an answer. I know there are 2 evening chic nights on a 7 night cruise but I don't know which nights they'll be. I'm trying to plan specialty restaurant evenings but don't know if I should avoid the evening chic nights. Is the main dining room food better on those nights? I'm on the June 18 sailing from Istanbul to Rome. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

One of the evening Chic nights will e the lobster night if you consider that upmarket. The actual nights will depend upon the ships programme. In our case on a recent Constellation cruise with a heavy port programme there was one at sea and one shore night. On a previous Solstice cruise with plenty of sea days they were both on sea nights. Personally I wouldn't worry too much about booking nights prior to embarkation. On embarkation day you will get a full itinerary including what are elegant Chic nights and I would then make my specialty bookings then or later as the case may be. By the way lobster. I would make my specialty restaurant nights as it fitted my programme not dependant upon what may or may not be served in the MDR

I have researched but cannot find an answer. I know there are 2 evening chic nights on a 7 night cruise but I don't know which nights they'll be. I'm trying to plan specialty restaurant evenings but don't know if I should avoid the evening chic nights. Is the main dining room food better on those nights? I'm on the June 18 sailing from Istanbul to Rome. Thanks.

More than likely day 2 (sea day) and day 6 (when you leave Catania) will be the "chick" nights.

Main Dining Room menus are usually very good on "chick" nights.

Edited by Wine-O

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Evening Chic nights are usually nights 2 and 6 for a seven day cruise. You can also look at your itinerary and double check if those days are sea days. They typically won't have an Evening Chic night after a heavy port/excursion day.

In my past experiences, the MDR food is definitely better on those nights. I also always plan to go to specialty restaurants around the Evening Chic nights. The second night is usually lobster and Beef Wellington - both really good! I have menus on my website for a seven night cruise if you want to take a look. http://www.myvirtualvacations.net/menus.html

I was on the Summit to Bermuda. Formal nights are now chic...nights 2 and 6. Nobody dressed up. I saw a few men in suits with a tie. Most people are not making any distinction between smart casual and chic. There were also many people in the MDR at dinner with shorts on. Attire has changed on Celebrity. Wear whatever you want. This is Modern Luxury. Just keep it clean.

The best menus are the first night prime rib and the next to last night...beef wellington, duck or lobster seafood. The worst menu is the 3rd night..Top Chefs. While it sounds good on paper, the food is not.

My favorite MDR menus are on evening chic night. I never understood why people chose those nights for speciality restaurants, especially now with the relaxation of the dress code! I agree that the top chef menu is my least favorite.

Which night is fomal night really depends on the itinerary. If there is a sea day that's not the final night, evening chic will likely be that night.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk