Kids 12 and under now $10 in Steakhouse?!

Trumpster

We are just off the Pride where we enjoyed dinner at David's Steakhouse as a family. This included our almost 11 year old son. He was offered the kids menu and declined and ordered off the standard menu. We paid $35.00 for him. He has a more refined palate than many adults and the leftovers from his huge "cowboy" steak were put to a good use. He loved his fancy starters and dessert sampler. He is easily able to sit through a 2 1\2 hour meal without being unruly, loud, annoying or fidgeting . This isn't because he is my '"special snowflake" or I have learned to tune his annoying noises out it's because he knows how to behave in that environment and believe it or not he loves fine dining. Just because it's Carnival most parents still have good enough judgement to know if their kids can handle that quiet refined atmosphere. It is a beautiful restaurant.

I don't believe we are speaking of this age bracket.

That is good if the kids are well behaved.

Well actually it's a good price no matter how they behave.

I would prefer $10 over $35 if my child is acting up. ;) Especially if they are acting up!

For those of you that have been in the steakhouse or more importantly cancelled a reservation, can you cancel without being charged or is there a cut off time where you have time keep your reservation or still be charged? I know that is the case for the spa, for example.

Just wondering because we plan to visit the steakhouse for the first time this Summer on the Magic. I know it's never been kid free but I was planning on making later reservations while our kids are in camp. If I walk in and see a bunch of kids, I'm not staying. They can have at it. Just want to know if we would still be charged at that point. Thanks.

I think they ask for a 24 hour cancellation but I know we did it that morning for a 6PM reservation and they didn't charge us or have any issues.

This is just terrible. Carnival has made an adult area into a place for screaming yelling kids. Will not go to steakhouse again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have never been bothered by children as much as I have "unruly drunk adults" age is not the issue behavior is.

Thanks. Appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Please do not let the very slim chance that a kid or two MIGHT be in the steakhouse cause you to miss the absolute best dining on Magic in that that is Prime Steakhouse. By far my best meal and service Ive had at sea and very likely in the top 5 meals Ive ever had. I doubt very seriously there will be a bunch of kids in there.

Please do not let the very slim chance that a kid or two MIGHT be in the steakhouse cause you to miss the absolute best dining on Magic in that that is Prime Steakhouse. By far my best meal and service Ive had at sea and very likely in the top 5 meals Ive ever had. I doubt very seriously there will be a bunch of kids in there.

I hope it won't come to that. Trust me I'm no kid hater and the first to defend them against hateful threads about them. We bring our own kids on vacation. I just had the idea of the two of us having a nice quiet dinner as a rare treat. I don't see why they couldn't keep the menu prices as is.

I've seen Little ones do things that little ones do in the MDR and neither the parent did much nor the waitstaff. Half the time I think they are afraid to say something. Just last year on the Sunshine, there was an adorable little girl who cried and carried on every night until she fell asleep. Nobody ever said anything. Very annoying. I was willing to take that in order to eat with my family and since it was included in my fare, but I definitely won't be bothered in the steakhouse. My kids are older but will be in camp if we go. Damn sure not going to be bothered with someone elses. Sorry that's how I feel. I hope this $10 menu doesn't open the floodgates.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

I hope it won't come to that. Trust me I'm no kid hater and the first to defend them against hateful threads about them. We bring our own kids on vacation. I just had the idea of the two of us having a nice quiet dinner as a rare treat. I don't see why they couldn't keep the menu prices as is.

I've seen Little ones do things that little ones do in the MDR and neither the parent did much nor the waitstaff. Half the time I think they are afraid to say something. Just last year on the Sunshine, there was an adorable little girl who cried and carried on every night until she fell asleep. Nobody ever said anything. Very annoying. I was willing to take that in order to eat with my family and since it was included in my fare, but I definitely won't be bothered in the steakhouse. My kids are older but will be in camp if we go. Damn sure not going to be bothered with someone elses. Sorry that's how I feel. I hope this $10 menu doesn't open the floodgates.

They hope it does. Kids add to the atmosphere; they don't detract. Otherwise you have stoned faced sourpusses at tables for two that never seem to be having any fun at all.

Kudos to Carnival!

Well,

$35 is a deterrent to me taking my kids.

$10 is not!

Mine will be 10 and 7 for the next cruise. Already made reservations for the first night.

The other little known secret was you could bring your small kids to the SH, and just eat sides, and they wouldn't charge you.

But, alas, we now have kids that are big steak and lobster eaters.

They hope it does. Kids add to the atmosphere; they don't detract. Otherwise you have stoned faced sourpusses at tables for two that never seem to be having any fun at all.

Kudos to Carnival!

I'm sure they do. But what I like and prefer isn't always in lockstep with Carnival. As for sourpuss faces, if adults choose to be miserable, where they eat is irrelevant. But I don't have to take my kids to every meal to enjoy it. My husband and I know how to enjoy each others company.

The other little known secret was you could bring your small kids to the SH, and just eat sides, and they wouldn't charge you.

But, alas, we now have kids that are big steak and lobster eaters.

Those big steak and lobster eating kids become big scooter riding adults. ;)

I'm sure they do. But what I like and prefer isn't always in lockstep with Carnival. As for sourpuss faces, if adults choose to be miserable, where they eat is irrelevant. But I don't have to take my kids to every meal to enjoy it. My husband and I know how to enjoy each others company.

And simply out of step with what others may like and enjoy. I happen to enjoy EVERY meal with my kids.

Now you still have the option to eat there or not based on the new lure.

And simply out of step with what others may like and enjoy. I happen to enjoy EVERY meal with my kids.

but I would bet the vast majority on here don't enjoy a meal with your kids :D. So while Carnival at this point agrees with your point of view, that doesn't mean everyone has to agree with it....your little snowflakes are special to you, not to everyone

Edited by First and Ten

but I would bet the vast majority on here don't enjoy a meal with your kid :D. So while Carnival at this point agrees with your point of view, that doesn't mean everyone has to agree with it....your little snowflakes are special to you, not to everyone

A bit freaky that someone would entertain dining with MY kids. :eek:

And I care less how they are to anyone but us. Such odd thoughts. Worse to put those odd thoughts "out there". :eek::eek:

A bit freaky that someone would entertain dining with MY kids. :eek:

And I care less how they are to anyone but us. Such odd thoughts. Worse to put those odd thoughts "out there". :eek::eek:

you are not very in tune to this thing called "sarcasm", are you :rolleyes:

Edited by First and Ten

Sarcasm: the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.

So are you mocking me or conveying contempt? The moderators will want to know.

Simple Definition of sarcasm

the use of words that mean the opposite of what you really want to say especially in order to insult someone, to show irritation, or to be funny

So given my original post that you are referring to, with the definition above, since I mean the OPPOSITE of what I wanted to say, that would mean I DONT want to have a meal with your kids

have we beat this to death enough yet or would you like to keep going? LOL

Edited by First and Ten

I've seen mixed opinions so no how I feel is not out of step with some just like yours isn't. I enjoy every meal I eat with my kids too. I just don't need to eat every meal with them.

Now that we've got that out the way, anything else?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Edited by cruizinisthebest

I love kids and seldom have a problem with them, but on my last cruise there was a family at the table next to us who clearly had no problems with their child screaming all through dinner and Carnival never addressed it. A passenger finally did and you can imagine how that turned out. Parents convince themselves that all kids behave like this no matter what noises they are making. My wife and I each ate alone one year at the Japanese restaurant in Epcot. She ate while I walked around outside with our child and then I ate while she did the same. It was not what we were looking forward to, but other people should never have to put up with a loud child who decided that they were just not going to sit still for this meal.

I think the steakhouse was perfect before, leave the fee at $35 and allow kids, but make the parents have to really want them to be there to spend that money. Carnival though, is going to have to address this issue in all venues as less and less parents seem to care about bothering others.

You may enjoy every meal with your kids. But other people may not enjoy every meal with your kids.