Price drop on Oceania-maybe?

titong

I am posting this question on this forum because Oceania is closed today-and our final payment is due June 1. I decided to check and see on Oceania's website, if there has been a price drop. When I login and go through the Oceania website I put in the cabin category, then, options, then finally I get to the Review page-just before the page that states guest information and payment. The review page at the bottom has the word total with the total amount.

It does not state if the total includes taxes and or port fees. Does anyone know if it does?

• 1 month later...

Just saw today that prices have dropped on a reservation we have on Nautica 2017. 2016 rates for the same itinerary have dropped as well but those booked are beyond final. All cabin levels for our cruise are available other than OS and VS (wait listed)-ours is still available. Since it is a US holiday weekend and cannot contact our TA just thought I'd ask those who might have experience with this. We've never had a price drop before final so curious minds want to know.

Can our TA get us just the lower fare and/or do we need to rebook? Might there be an offer to upgrade to higher level cabins at the new pricing?

Thanks O experts.

Usually only possible if the cabin category status is not CLOSED or WAITLISTED

Eg) if rooms are still available, they'll rebook at the new lower fares. (I understand you already have a stateroom booked, but they won't give you price drop if that category is no longer available....I know it makes no sense since you already have a cabin, but that's how they do it.)

Just saw today that prices have dropped on a reservation we have on Nautica 2017. 2016 rates for the same itinerary have dropped as well but those booked are beyond final. All cabin levels for our cruise are available other than OS and VS (wait listed)-ours is still available. Since it is a US holiday weekend and cannot contact our TA just thought I'd ask those who might have experience with this. We've never had a price drop before final so curious minds want to know.

Can our TA get us just the lower fare and/or do we need to rebook? Might there be an offer to upgrade to higher level cabins at the new pricing?

Thanks O experts.

your TA should be able to get the new price

Prices have dropped on our 2017 sailing (all of the stateroom categories are still available.)

Does anyone know whether this lower price will hold, or is it an unadvertised short term holiday special? I don't want to lose out on it if it is short-term, but I don't want me-- or my agent-- to spend precious holiday time on it if it will be available for a while.

thanks!

If you are able to contact your TA, why waste precious holiday time asking on CC? Book the lower rate or upgrade. No one here knows how long the lower rates will last.

Usually only possible if the cabin category status is not CLOSED or WAITLISTED

Eg) if rooms are still available, they'll rebook at the new lower fares. (I understand you already have a stateroom booked, but they won't give you price drop if that category is no longer available....I know it makes no sense since you already have a cabin, but that's how they do it.)

If your category is no longer available just change to a category that is available and reap the savings and/or better cabin; your choice. I've done this before and after final payment, the only difference being that after final payment you are given an OBC for the value of your savings.

Prices have dropped on our 2017 sailing (all of the stateroom categories are still available.)

Does anyone know whether this lower price will hold, or is it an unadvertised short term holiday special? I don't want to lose out on it if it is short-term, but I don't want me-- or my agent-- to spend precious holiday time on it if it will be available for a while.

There is a Canada Day | July Fourth sale from July 1-5 details of which may be found on O's web page:

Free Category Upgrade Ask for promo code: JULY4TH

• Deluxe Ocean View to Veranda
  • Veranda to Concierge Level Veranda
  • Concierge Level Veranda to Penthouse Suite

Also as you noticed, prices have also dropped on some 2017 cruises and I believe (but not absolutely sure) those prices are good through September 30 which is the end of the O Summer Sales event. Usually O makes a point of announcing new lower prices, but that hasn't been the case yet.

If your category is no longer available just change to a category that is available and reap the savings and/or better cabin; your choice. I've done this before and after final payment, the only difference being that after final payment you are given an OBC for the value of your savings.

There is a Canada Day | July Fourth sale from July 1-5 details of which may be found on O's web page:

Free Category Upgrade Ask for promo code: JULY4TH

• Deluxe Ocean View to Veranda
  • Veranda to Concierge Level Veranda
  • Concierge Level Veranda to Penthouse Suite

the important bit is available on select sailings

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/special-offers/julyfourth-canadaday-sale/

After reading this thread I checked on Oceania's website and a cruise that I have booked for August, 2017 now has a lower price. I emailed my TA to call Oceania tomorrow (after the holiday) to adjust the fare. We have a PH3 booked and the fare dropped $1,200 pp.

I have a cruise booked for this September that the same thing happened with a few months ago (prior to final payment) and I was able to get the price adjustment after reading about it here.

Oceania will never let you know if the fares go down, so thank you to those who share this information with fellow cruisers.

Other important bit will be for new bookings only
Almost all offers have that statement and while it doesn't always work, it has on numerous occasions for me; last year even after final payment which resulted in an extra $1500 OBC. Always ask your TA and insist they check with O; most good TAs will without prodding. It never hurts to ask, the worst that can happen is they say no.

Almost all offers have that statement and while it doesn't always work, it has on numerous occasions for me; last year even after final payment which resulted in an extra $1500 OBC. Always ask your TA and insist they check with O; most good TAs will without prodding. It never hurts to ask, the worst that can happen is they say no.

+1

I always ask but usually my TA is two steps ahead of me ;)

Not true - we booked last year for an upcoming cruise in December, and will be receiving $600 pp plus still keeping our $1000 OBC.

Good to know. I'll be quoting your post when I see a special and if my TA tells me it's for new bookings only.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

O never reduced the prices for our 2017 cruises! :mad: But since our categories are waitlisted not much reason to do so.

With the double whammy of the recent turmoil in Europe, plus the addition of multiple ships, from multiple cruise lines plying the waters (especially the Med an Alaska), I don't find it strange at all that the cruise lines are finding it necessary to cut prices to compete. I think the real question becomes is do they lower initial pricing for the 2018 cruises or do they wait to see what happens with the competition.

I prefer O over Viking a lot, but Viking is currently underpricing O considerably on many of its cruises, some with better overall port schedules than O. As an example Viking has a cruise from Venice to Athens that hits all the great east Adriatic port cities, whereas O wants to play a game and make you take two separate cruises to hit all those cities. So hum, lower prices and hits all the cities, or higher price, times two for taking two cruises to see the same ports! :rolleyes:

I believe that competition is going to create a lot of new pricing strategy. Will the Med, the Baltic, and Europe become as competition as the Carribe with corresponding cut rate pricing? :D Since we're now both retired, will my TA start calling me with last minute (month) incredible bottom trolling deals, as she already has done with Carribe cruises, for O Med cruises?

• 2 weeks later...

Our Barcelona to London cruise for May 2017 on Marina dropped in price for our cabin category $943/pp. Happened across this price reduction while on the O web site. Sent notification to our TA and we are awaiting the newly revised invoice. This will be our 5th O cruise and this is the 1st time this has occurred.

So excited!!

Many of you mention using a 'TA', which I have done in the past with other cruise lines. This time I booked thru Oceania. Will Oceania honor price drops?

If the price of your category drops, then yes they honor it.