My daughters virgin daiquiris on my drink package?

Thanks for the answers - I feel much better about the cruise now!

It'll be a little stormy on Thursday, but not too bad - no more than 3-4 meter swells. Just plan some indoor activities for that day. The rest of the journey should be pretty nice.

YP, not MP.

A little cryptic there, but if "YP, not MP" is meant to imply that this was my perception, and not yours . . . Well, surely that's not what you meant, as that would be ridiculous. At the time, I hadn't even seen the thread that was the source of your baseless accusations about "some people" and "feelings of the hive."

So "YP, not MP" must mean something different than the first thing that came to mind, as otherwise it wouldn't make sense at all.

A little cryptic there, but if "YP, not MP" is meant to imply that this was my perception, and not yours . . . Well, surely that's not what you meant, as that would be ridiculous. At the time, I hadn't even seen the thread that was the source of your baseless accusations about "some people" and "feelings of the hive."

So "YP, not MP" must mean something different than the first thing that came to mind, as otherwise it wouldn't make sense at all.

No, you actually got it straight off the bat. Corporate lingo travels well.

No, you actually got it straight off the bat. Corporate lingo travels well.

I see. So you think it was my perception that some people on that other thread, that I hadn't seen yet, were taking different positions on that thread than on this one. I'll just take that as an implicit admission that you were wrong, but you'll go to lengths even this ridiculous to avoid actually admitting it.

Edited by Paul65

Criminal, no. Dishonest, yes. Plus if Royal detects you sharing, you risk losing your package with no refund, not to mention whatever personal embarrament that might cause.

Not entirely true... But I'm not going to recite chapter and verse on the criminal code..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I see. So you think it was my perception that some people on that other thread, that I hadn't seen yet, were taking different positions on that thread than on this one. I'll just take that as an implicit admission that you were wrong, but you'll go to lengths even that ridiculous to avoid actually admitting it.

Oh dear, you followed him down that rabbit hole where, in the words of the Jefferson Airplane, "logic and proportion Have fallen sloppy dead". Ask Alice for one of her pills.

NCL offers a "free" drink package for all in the room. So if one is under 21, than they get "free" virgin drinks. You paid for it. It was not really free. The room rate was raised to cover the free items, to make it look like it was free. Therefore, your daughter never received a free item.

Best logical answer I have read. "Everything" always goes on my card, especially if its just the two of us, like it'll be our upcoming cruise. I might have been mistaken about her card not having that little Pepsi symbol on it last year. Mainly because I never use her card, except to get her on and off the ship, checked into the kids club and to keep the electricity on in the room. NCL just seemed to understand family dynamics and made that part of cruising with a child easy. Also NCL's kids soda package doesn't include frozen drinks. So, naturally I'd pay for it on my card.

I know what the website says but on the ship practices are different especially when it comes to children. If the bartenders/waiters rang her drinks so I would have to pay for them separately I would with no objection. However, I'm not going to insist my daughters drinks be separated from mine on a check. 1. I'm an RN and not independently wealthy 2. I'm not going to ask someone who is already working hard to do extra work, especially if its not their regular practice to do so.

I had a few reasons why I asked the question. As she is getting older she consumes more, also RCI has more drink package choices. I want to be in line with onboard practices, so me and the Princess can enjoy our vacation. I also want to plan a budget, one of the reasons why I like drink packages.

I don't think of her frozen drinks as mock cocktails more like sugary vacation indulgences. Similar to water ice, frozen lemonade, although candy cigarettes were a bad idea.

I'm learning to not take things so personal. However I don't see how people are taking the moral high ground while attacking a strangers parenting skills. Ordering your own child a drink when you have a drink package is not the same as sneaking drinks for the cabin next door. IMHO

I see. So you think it was my perception that some people on that other thread, that I hadn't seen yet, were taking different positions on that thread than on this one. I'll just take that as an implicit admission that you were wrong, but you'll go to lengths even this ridiculous to avoid actually admitting it.

Re-read; see also "hive mind". It's about the general consensus of the board "the same people". In the same day people will tell someone they are stealing and setting a bad example for their kids over a $5 drink while the same people (community) tells others how to circumvent the rules and steal potentially much more.

You're really splitting hairs and missing the bigger picture which is that the messaging is inconsistent. If one is stealing, so is the other (both are, just to different degrees) and the community should call both equally, not bash one and support the other. Do you understand now?

Re-read; see also "hive mind". It's about the general consensus of the board "the same people". In the same day people will tell someone they are stealing and setting a bad example for their kids over a $5 drink while the same people (community) tells others how to circumvent the rules and steal potentially much more.

You're really splitting hairs and missing the bigger picture which is that the messaging is inconsistent. If one is stealing, so is the other (both are, just to different degrees) and the community should call both equally, not bash one and support the other. Do you understand now?

Ah, so now you're back tracking on what you said to say "the same people" means the community as a whole. Well....guess what...you're still wrong, because there are always people on both sides of any such issue in this "community" as a whole.

Just seems to be one of my main points of argument lately, trying to shoot down the blowhards who are always trying to bash the "community" of this board. It's really not as bad as you and a few others try to portray it.

Plus, the most frequent advice on that other thread seemed to be that, if you had an adult booked in each cabin, then you could take two bottles of wine per cabin and still be perfectly within the rules. If you want to pretend now that you really meant the overall message of the community, then in both cases the overall message was about how to stay within the rules.

Edited by Paul65

Oh dear, you followed him down that rabbit hole where, in the words of the Jefferson Airplane, "logic and proportion Have fallen sloppy dead". Ask Alice for one of her pills.

Not to worry. He's dug his rabbit hole about as far as I want to follow now. If he still wants to try to go further, I'll just stand back in silent amusement.

If you want to pretend now that you really meant the overall message of the community, then in both cases the overall message was about how to stay within the rules.

I've explained myself far more than you deserve and is necessary for any rational adult to understand. Go forth and self-proclaim yourself the victor or whatever gets you through the day here....:rolleyes: have a good evening, you can split hairs with me on another topic another day. There's no more of this horse to beat. I don't think you need to be spoken to slowly or have things drawn in crayon, so how about you stop pretending as well.

I'm learning to not take things so personal. However I don't see how people are taking the moral high ground while attacking a strangers parenting skills. Ordering your own child a drink when you have a drink package is not the same as sneaking drinks for the cabin next door. IMHO

I guess I don't understand your logic. How is it different to give your child a drink on your package than it is for me to give my son, an adult, in the cabin next door a drink from my package?

To me, they are the same, but what do I know? If what you are saying is how things should be, then I feel my son and I can share an alcohol package because he doesn't drink, but maybe on the cruise he would have 1 or 2 a day.

Ordering your own child a drink when you have a drink package is not the same as sneaking drinks for the cabin next door. IMHO

how can you justify that? either way you are providing someone who is NOT entitled to a 'free' drink off your package with a drink.

being a blood relation does not entitle you to violate corporate policy.

how can you justify that? either way you are providing someone who is NOT entitled to a 'free' drink off your package with a drink.

being a blood relation does not entitle you to violate corporate policy.

I agree - seems to me that cheating is cheating. It's just a question of morals and one's personal sense of right and wrong, isn't it? The beneficiary of the ill gotten, immorally obtained goods is immaterial. When you pay for the drink package, they tell you what the terms are, and you agree to the terms. It's a sales contract. If I intended to buy a drink package and cheat by supplying somebody else with daily drinks, I'd just do the deed and keep quiet about it. I would NOT come here and announce that I want to cheat and run my justification up the flagpole to see if anyone salutes.

My advice is...just do a personal Risk/Benefit analysis, consider any wrinkles that might exist, make a decision, do it, and keep your mouth shut. The benefit would be that you don't have to pay anything for your family member's daily virgin drink(s) if you get away with it. The risk is you've totally wasted the money you paid because you don't get away with it and your drink package is cancelled. Wrinkles would include the logistics of having to go here and there to different bars to cover your tracks and watch your timing on ordering drinks when supplying a drink for both yourself and your kid. The biggest wrinkle, for me anyway, would be explaining to my kid why such deception is necessary and why it's okay for me to cheat on my drink package in order to save the 70 bucks I'd spend over the course of the 7 nights if I did things the right way.

So do your own Risk/Benefit analysis, weigh it out, decide what you want to do according to your own moral compass, do it, and don't talk about it here on CC.

You'll suffer less stress and it'll be a better world for everyone.;)

Judy

Haha - You people need to relax! The lady was asking a question and there is no need to beat people down because someone has given their kid a Non-Alcoholic drink or shared a water with someone.

You guys crack me up!!!!

Haha - You people need to relax! The lady was asking a question and there is no need to beat people down because someone has given their kid a Non-Alcoholic drink or shared a water with someone.

You guys crack me up!!!!

No! It will spoil the fun...not that they will take your advice any how. :D

I guess I don't understand your logic. How is it different to give your child a drink on your package than it is for me to give my son, an adult, in the cabin next door a drink from my package?

To me, they are the same, but what do I know? If what you are saying is how things should be, then I feel my son and I can share an alcohol package because he doesn't drink, but maybe on the cruise he would have 1 or 2 a day.

The difference is your adult son in the cabin next door has his on keycard that has charging privileges. My daughters keycard never has charging privileges do to fear of lost. Also if your adult son doesn't pay his on board account you can leave the ship. I'm not sure since she never has charging privileges, but I do believe I would be responsible for paying the bill and stuck on the ship too. Furthermore in my experience on NCL there was no sneaking involved. I ordered my drink and hers at the same time with the bartender knowing it was for her. I don't want to have to square up two bills one for me and one for a nine year old (at the time she was 6-8yo). I don't do that anywhere else in life. I'm sure you and your adult son don't always share the same bill.

So what I'm saying is the difference is how things are billed, I order and pay for my child. From my research on RCI if I order two drinks with a beverage package for myself but not her, while poolside, in the theater or on the island I should be charged for her drink. Which I am entirely ok with. NCL never separated the drinks I ordered for her from the ones I ordered for me and I didn't insist. I'll still be ordering her drinks since she is 9. I will still be paying her bill, since she is a third grader going into fourth and just learned money denominations. I still will only have one account with charging privileges since it’s only me one responsible for the both us, it's easier and safer in case of lost.

In short, surely you know the difference between an adult child and a minor/school age child and the responsibility difference that comes with both.

I agree - seems to me that cheating is cheating. It's just a question of morals and one's personal sense of right and wrong, isn't it? The beneficiary of the ill gotten, immorally obtained goods is immaterial. When you pay for the drink package, they tell you what the terms are, and you agree to the terms. It's a sales contract. If I intended to buy a drink package and cheat by supplying somebody else with daily drinks, I'd just do the deed and keep quiet about it. I would NOT come here and announce that I want to cheat and run my justification up the flagpole to see if anyone salutes.

My advice is...just do a personal Risk/Benefit analysis, consider any wrinkles that might exist, make a decision, do it, and keep your mouth shut. The benefit would be that you don't have to pay anything for your family member's daily virgin drink(s) if you get away with it. The risk is you've totally wasted the money you paid because you don't get away with it and your drink package is cancelled. Wrinkles would include the logistics of having to go here and there to different bars to cover your tracks and watch your timing on ordering drinks when supplying a drink for both yourself and your kid. The biggest wrinkle, for me anyway, would be explaining to my kid why such deception is necessary and why it's okay for me to cheat on my drink package in order to save the 70 bucks I'd spend over the course of the 7 nights if I did things the right way.

So do your own Risk/Benefit analysis, weigh it out, decide what you want to do according to your own moral compass, do it, and don't talk about it here on CC.

You'll suffer less stress and it'll be a better world for everyone.;)

Judy

From my first cruise to last cruise on NCL me ordering and paying for my daughter drinks on my room key was never an issue. I asked the question because it was a different cruise line with different options and rules.

I got the answer to my question. I'm getting the drink package for myself, since I'm a lush and or 4 day cruise really only includes one port day. I can either get a replenish package for her or when ordering two drinks let the bartender/waiter know its for her and than let the bartender decide to either charge for her drink or not. All still while having one onboard account.

From my first cruise to last cruise on NCL me ordering and paying for my daughter drinks on my room key was never an issue. I asked the question because it was a different cruise line with different options and rules.

I got the answer to my question. I'm getting the drink package for myself, since I'm a lush and or 4 day cruise really only includes one port day. I can either get a replenish package for her or when ordering two drinks let the bartender/waiter know its for her and than let the bartender decide to either charge for her drink or not. All still while having one onboard account.

Good plan!

Judy

You guys crack me up!!!!

They're just expressing an opinion. Is there any need for you to "beat them down" about that? Or are you just one of the myriad voices who try to silence others' opinions from your faux high horse? Just curious. :D

Sounds like a good approach to me. I certainly wouldn't object in that situation, if a bartender chose to offer the kid's drink for no charge. :D I'm the type to be honest, but not stupid. I'm not going to insist that they make me pay.

I'm not sure why you have brought up several times about you ordering, paying for her drinks and her not having charging privileges on her card. If you have the package and you are paying for her drinks one by one, there is no problem. Nothing has to be separated, and her drink will be put on your card. It will be the same as on NCL. Likewise, if you do not have the package and you order something for both of you, give them your card and that's where it will be charged.:)

Best logical answer I have read. "Everything" always goes on my card, especially if its just the two of us, like it'll be our upcoming cruise. I might have been mistaken about her card not having that little Pepsi symbol on it last year. Mainly because I never use her card, except to get her on and off the ship, checked into the kids club and to keep the electricity on in the room. NCL just seemed to understand family dynamics and made that part of cruising with a child easy. Also NCL's kids soda package doesn't include frozen drinks. So, naturally I'd pay for it on my card.

I know what the website says but on the ship practices are different especially when it comes to children. If the bartenders/waiters rang her drinks so I would have to pay for them separately I would with no objection. However, I'm not going to insist my daughters drinks be separated from mine on a check. 1. I'm an RN and not independently wealthy 2. I'm not going to ask someone who is already working hard to do extra work, especially if its not their regular practice to do so.

I had a few reasons why I asked the question. As she is getting older she consumes more, also RCI has more drink package choices. I want to be in line with onboard practices, so me and the Princess can enjoy our vacation. I also want to plan a budget, one of the reasons why I like drink packages.

I don't think of her frozen drinks as mock cocktails more like sugary vacation indulgences. Similar to water ice, frozen lemonade, although candy cigarettes were a bad idea.

Well said! My sentiments exactly. Thank you.