Just back - Summit 10/10/05

MAXII

5th cruise, 4th on Celebrity and once more the Celebrity "family" did not disappoint us in anyway. From the unexpected upgrade to an outside cabin to the wonderful dinner and service at the Normandie, this was truly our most memorable cruise to-date.

The officers, cooks, wait-staff, activities staff - all staff in fact on the Summit were just so truly wonderful.

A couple of things my dh and I want to make special mention of:

1) The ongoing cleanliness and tidyness of all Celebrity ships is apparent always but for some reason, both my dh and I really noticed how smart Summit was all of the time. On several occasions I actually witnessed officers deviate from their route to pick-up a plate etc. take it to a collection point and then continue on to the bridge or destination!

2) Our cabin steward, Albino, what a sweetheart. No matter the time or day he always had a smile and helping hand and we so loved chatting to him. He surprised us both on our wedding anniversary with a lovely hand written note, flowers and champagne. We were so overwhelmed at this wonderfuly unexpected and generous gesture. We have kept his note along with our many photos.

3) Our maitre'd, Xavier, Jack, Dakin (sorry for the mispelling - just call them table 407, late sitting) and others who waited on our table were so patient - our table had all met via cruise-critic on-line and boy did we ever want to party and take photos all the time but these guys not only were patient but were willing to join right in.

4) We got to meet Daniel the hotel director and John the CD. How wonderful it was to ask them questions and time with them. Both folks clearly love their work but they also so very respect and enjoy working with their peers and those that report to them. What a pleasure it was to feel the respect and loyalty these two senior persons have for their colleagues.

5) Lastly, after meeting quite a few folks via cruise-critic, what a great pleasure it was to meet and all of us have left with new friends and such fun photos (check out some of those already posted).

So, now I will go and change my name to Frank-E! To our new friends who understand this little joke - I will be chatting with you soon. DH and I miss you all already.

FRANK-E....hi girlfriend:D Yes, it was a fantastic cruise.

I miss everyone too!

And uk, yes SUMMIT is wonderful. I want to be back on the ship too!!!

FRANK-E......we miss you and Ian too! Thanks for the review. We had a great time on the Summit and meeting so many new CC friends! Love these boards! Mazatlan was awesome -- Frank was great! That was such a fun day and the best of all the ports. Aren't you glad we bought those hand painted tiles? Loved the tequilla shots after our walk on the beach! :) And....that was half, right? ;)

Talk to you soon!

Nancy

Thanks so much for the post. I sail on her in less that 48 hrs for a 15 day Panama sailing. Not sure where you are from but by the waiving flag assume you are a fellow Canadian. I'm a soldier from basically all over. Born in Ontario and now in Edmonton. We arn't that many here but damm we are the best.

cheers

Ron:)

Hi all:

Ron: have a great cruise and yes, dh (Ian and I) are Canadian and we live in Victoria, BC. Let us know how the cruise goes - we want to do the Panama Canal sometime too.

Hey Nancy: Maybe a half and a bit:D

Summit folks: I sent you some pics to your e-mail addresses. Bye all and have a great weekend.

Frank-E.:)

Archived