Koningsdam Dining Room Question

cruisedoctor

Could someone who has already been aboard comment about the following. Are there a significant number of "2-tops" (tables for two) in the main dining room? From the pictures I've seen, there doesn't seem to be any at all.

Also, any tables for two in the Lido Buffet?

Thanks!

Yes, there are tables for two in the Lido, not a lot, but some. I saw several two-tops in the MDR upper level for open dining, but I don't really remember how many, maybe around 20, but I'm just guessing.

Could someone who has already been aboard comment about the following. Are there a significant number of "2-tops" (tables for two) in the main dining room? From the pictures I've seen, there doesn't seem to be any at all.

Also, any tables for two in the Lido Buffet?

Thanks!

We had no trouble getting 2-tops in the MDR while we were on board; they seemed to be scattered around both upper and lower levels; some with nice ocean views and others not. We were on anytime dining. What we also noticed is that they will seat you at a 4-top and remove the 2 settings you don't use. Not sure what qualifies as a significant number though.

As for the Lido, there were a few located besides the windows behind the "Quench" stations.

Edited by 0bnxshs

Thank you Peter for the picture.

Really don't like sitting on a bench.

I, too, have become tired of sitting on banquettes (?). I sink down in the seat and feel like my chin is sitting on the table. I much prefer regular chairs. We are waitlisted :( for Main dining on our upcoming voyage.

This is NOT a picture of Koningsdam

Really?! I googled 'Koningsdam Dining Room' and that popped up amongst the images in the search. I apologize for posting an incorrect picture.

Maybe I should have recognized it as it is the MDR on the Regal Princess, which I sailed on in 2015.

< totally embarrassed>

Edited by Boytjie

I saw plenty of twos. But one right behind us was really close to a table of 8, so whether it provided the desired experience is another matter.

Our fixed late seating was mixed up and we ended up with eight of us on a table for twelve. Was ok but not good for conversation.