Concierge questions

monibugg

I have booked and paid for two rooms for an upcoming Alaskan cruise. One room is a concierge room (C1), the other room is across the hall (inside room). I called the 1-800 number for Celebrity and asked if my kids staying in the inside room (older teenagers) would be allowed at the concierge lunch on embarkation day. I explained that I am paying for both rooms, which costs more than having the kids share our concierge room. Jennifer (who answered the phone) flat out said "NO"! I would understand if my kids booked and paid for the room by themselves but that's not the case. Jennifer didn't even bother to say she would look into it for me, she just said "no". So fine, I will eat at the buffet. I was just surprised at Celebrity's reply to me.

I have cruised once before and that was with Norwegian. The service with Norwegian was exceptional!

I couldn't find a number to call Celebrity concierge. Does one exists? With Norwegian you could call the concierge ahead of your cruise to sort things out.

I also haven't been able to reserve dinner in the MDR. How does one do that before the cruise? When I booked months ago I was told it had to be select dining. I was just reading on Celebrity web-site that you need reservations for the MDR (it's recommended or you wait).

Thank you !!!

We have never had more than a two or three minute wait in the MDR (Select), without a reservation. If you are Concierge class, you go to the same line as the reservations (at least it was that way on our last cruise), so on need for a reservation (a reservation only gets you in the reservation line, which may or may not be shorter than the regular line).

Is the Concierge luncheon on embarkation day something new? We've been on a few CC class but never heard of this.

It was quite nice and relaxing. It was located in the back of the MDR near the stern windows.

I have booked and paid for two rooms for an upcoming Alaskan cruise. One room is a concierge room (C1), the other room is across the hall (inside room). I called the 1-800 number for Celebrity and asked if my kids staying in the inside room (older teenagers) would be allowed at the concierge lunch on embarkation day. I explained that I am paying for both rooms, which costs more than having the kids share our concierge room. Jennifer (who answered the phone) flat out said "NO"! I would understand if my kids booked and paid for the room by themselves but that's not the case. Jennifer didn't even bother to say she would look into it for me, she just said "no". So fine, I will eat at the buffet. I was just surprised at Celebrity's reply to me.

I have cruised once before and that was with Norwegian. The service with Norwegian was exceptional!

Just because you didn't get the answer you were hoping for doesn't mean that Celebrity service is lax. It is exceptional. Celebrity just doesn't cave on these sorts of issues. If you book Aqua Class with your children in an inside cabin they won't be dining in Blu with you. If you book two AQ cabins then you would all be dining in Blu. Likewise, if you book 2 Concierge rooms you will all be able to attend the embarkation day luncheon in the MDR.

That's wonderful to know they are finally making CC class more substantial.

I do not agree with that. Yes the lunch was nice, but not anything I would pay extra for. We went CC only because we got an exceptional deal and a great location, but I would not pay extra for any of the so called amenities.

You get what you pay for and celebrity are fair and consistent with the rules and be careful what you bring to their attention as there has to be over 21s in each cabin

If you book a room directly across the hall from each other, they let you book a separate room for your kids.

But your kids aren't staying in a Concierge room so just because you are paying I dont see why they would get the perk? its like expecting non Aqua guests to be able to eat in Blu, and non suite guests in Luminae.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

But your kids aren't staying in a Concierge room so just because you are paying I dont see why they would get the perk? its like expecting non Aqua guests to be able to eat in Blu, and non suite guests in Luminae.

I guess my point is that I would have been paying less if my kids were sharing a room with us in the CC room. (And would have been able to attend the lunch). Not a big deal, I can survive a buffet! I think what bothered me was that the person on the phone was not friendly what so ever. Not what I'm used to!

I believe, according to some previous posts, that the children in connecting cabins to suites (not in suites themselves) have been allowed in Luminae if their parents are in a suite. I think it's mentioned on the X website - I'll take a look and see if I can find it. I'm not talking older adult children, but younger minors.

Found it on the X site (was too late to edit above post :o):

Can Suite Class guests bring traveling companions in a non-suite stateroom to the Suite Class exclusive restaurant so then can dine together?

Yes, based on availability, Suite Class guests can invite non-suite guests to dine with them in Luminae with reservation and for a fee. The fee per non-suite guest will be $10 for breakfast, $20 for lunch, $30 for dinner. These fees are waived for invited non-suite guests 12 years of age and under. Suite Class guests can also request to dine together with their non-suite guests in the Main restaurant at no additional charge by visiting with the Maitre d’ on embarkation day.

Edited by villauk

How old are your children? If they are adults then I can see Celebrity saying no, despite the fact that you paid for their cruise. If they are young children then they should be able to join you for the embarkation lunch. If they are young I suggest you go to the MDR with your children in tow, show your sea pass card and see what happens.

Found it on the X site (was too late to edit above post :o):

Can Suite Class guests bring traveling companions in a non-suite stateroom to the Suite Class exclusive restaurant so then can dine together?

Yes, based on availability, Suite Class guests can invite non-suite guests to dine with them in Luminae with reservation and for a fee. The fee per non-suite guest will be $10 for breakfast, $20 for lunch, $30 for dinner. These fees are waived for invited non-suite guests 12 years of age and under. Suite Class guests can also request to dine together with their non-suite guests in the Main restaurant at no additional charge by visiting with the Maitre d’ on embarkation day.

Thank you for this! I really appreciate it! I think we'll mention the situation when we board, or just two of us will go for the lunch, or four of us at the buffet! Thanks, again!

There are completely different rules for suite class, aqua class and concierge class. What happens for one doesn't necessarily happen for another,

As an example, suite class can bring guests to Luminae, Aqua cannot bring guests to Blu

Edited by WestLakeGirl

If they are young I suggest you go to the MDR with your children in tow, show your sea pass card and see what happens.

Completely agree. Seriously doubt this will be an issue at all.

Mike

How old are your children? If they are adults then I can see Celebrity saying no, despite the fact that you paid for their cruise. If they are young children then they should be able to join you for the embarkation lunch. If they are young I suggest you go to the MDR with your children in tow, show your sea pass card and see what happens.

The OP said that they are older teenagers.