Lodging north of Anchorage

Liz315

Hello, Taking a late train from Seward to Anchorage arriving at 10:15pm. We are then renting a car from the airport and would like to wake up north of Anchorage, even if only by one town. How long to reach the next town with lodging? Wasilla?

We are heading to Denali the following day. Thank you:)

i've never overnighted in Wasilla .

Pioneer Ridge and Best Western Lake Lucille are the only 2 places I've read about in trip reports, and both were positive reviews. Wasilla isn't a huge place ... look at tripadvisor to see what the options are.

We've actually stayed at the Best Western Lake Lucille. We were there about three years ago.

Very pretty setting on the lake. The room was large, very clean and very quiet (the property is located off of the Parks Hwy.). Staff very friendly. The included breakfast was sufficient. When we were there the restaurant wasn't open in the evenings, but with a 10:15 PM train arrival that won't be an issue.

Hello, Taking a late train from Seward to Anchorage arriving at 10:15pm. We are then renting a car from the airport and would like to wake up north of Anchorage, even if only by one town. How long to reach the next town with lodging? Wasilla?

We are heading to Denali the following day. Thank you:)

Do you realize that it is going to be close to 11:30 by the time you get your car? You have to get off the train, collect your luggage and then take a cab to the airport, where you get to fool with the typical 30 minutes or so that it typically take to rent a car.

You would probably be better off staying in Anchorage.

Do you realize that it is going to be close to 11:30 by the time you get your car? You have to get off the train, collect your luggage and then take a cab to the airport, where you get to fool with the typical 30 minutes or so that it typically take to rent a car.

You would probably be better off staying in Anchorage.

I've also taken this train, several times, where it was a later arrival. Don't count on it running on time. I agree, you are looking at an 11:30p at the earliest- on the road time.

There are several Anc airport hotels to consider.

I have to agree with you on the late time and a hotel. Plus I want to explore a few things before Wasilla such as Musk ox farm and Eklutna spirit house and whatever else that area has. Any other recommendations for my day of driving up to Denali? (aside from Talkeetna which I am aware of). :)

I have to agree with you on the late time and a hotel. Plus I want to explore a few things before Wasilla such as Musk ox farm and Eklutna spirit house and whatever else that area has. Any other recommendations for my day of driving up to Denali? (aside from Talkeetna which I am aware of). :)

Do you have THE MILEPOST? Loaded with all your detailed information for what's along the way.