On board credit

Onboard credit is a credit against ANY charge you make to your room....if you have $200 OBC, the 1st $200 you spend will be offset by the OBC. Tips, purchases, dining...whatever you charge!

Edited by cb at sea

On board credit... We aways pay with cash. Will they allow me to use it for onboard purchases or specialty restaurant.

I took your title and question a different way; are you asking if you can pay cash for on board purchases and restaurants? Because there is such a thing as "on board credit", which is a credit against your account and anything you charge will come from that. There are also passengers who set up a cash account (not a credit card) and pay their bill in cash at the end of the cruise. I don't know if you've cruised before, but it is a "cashless" society on board ship. You do not pay cash for any purchases or restaurant dining.

Anyway, hopefully you have your answer. :)

As previously stated the ship is cashless. You can also go the ship purser and apply your cash to your stateroom seapass card once you are on board. We have done this several times. We never have a bill at the end of the cruise and get cash back from the purser. Of course, we also purchase OBC prior to boarding. This make for a stress and hassle free cruise.

I took your title and question a different way; are you asking if you can pay cash for on board purchases and restaurants? Because there is such a thing as "on board credit", which is a credit against your account and anything you charge will come from that. There are also passengers who set up a cash account (not a credit card) and pay their bill in cash at the end of the cruise. I don't know if you've cruised before, but it is a "cashless" society on board ship. You do not pay cash for any purchases or restaurant dining.

Anyway, hopefully you have your answer. :)

This will be our 30th cruise so i know all about a Cashless Society.We never received an on board credit before but now i know how to use it. Our travel agent told us it was just used for Gratuities.

This will be our 30th cruise so i know all about a Cashless Society.We never received an on board credit before but now i know how to use it. Our travel agent told us it was just used for Gratuities.

How "wrong" that your TA gave you incorrect info about something that they should have known or at least verified it first with the cruiseline.

Gotcha. Thanks for the reply.

How "wrong" that your TA gave you incorrect info about something that they should have known or at least verified it first with the cruiseline.

Agreed - OP, a shame she misled you with that incorrect info, but now you know the truth. The on board credit ("OBC") will show up on your account usually sometime on Day 2 - it won't show up right away, so don't worry. Just to be certain, we always take a hard copy of our bill listing the OBC. :)

we'll.. was the perk your TA gave you that she pay your gratuities, or did you actually get real OBC?! some TAs do pay grats for their clients as a perk , or gives a voucher for specialty dining.

so first make absolutely sure WHAT it is you are receiving.