To Uber or not from airport

Jerzzygirl

Flying into FLL next week & I am thinking of trying Uber to take us to the Marriot Biscayne resort in Miami for our pre Escape stay. Does anyone have any expierance with Uber from Fort Lauderdale to Miami? A private sedan will cost 80.00 plus tip but I am thinking Uber would be less. Any thoughts? TYIA :)

Thank you! Its much less, maybe I'll give it a try.

Have you used uber before? It is a little different than a cab or car service, but I really like using them. Also if you have not I can give you a promo code for $20 off your first ride.

We had (2) recent experiences. One from Hard Rock Hollywood (F Laud area) and was $29.00 to Port of Miami. From POM to FLL it was $31.00. Both excellent experiences. They were both helpful with luggage. Yes, I tipped :-)

Flying into FLL next week & I am thinking of trying Uber to take us to the Marriot Biscayne resort in Miami for our pre Escape stay. Does anyone have any expierance with Uber from Fort Lauderdale to Miami? A private sedan will cost 80.00 plus tip but I am thinking Uber would be less. Any thoughts? TYIA :)

Yes, take Uber. I took Uber from FLL to the Comfort Inn port of Miami.

It was $40 with no tip - 4 people. Within 2 minutes of our request, our driver arrived. If I took a taxi, it was estimated to be $90 and then obligation to tip.

Uber can also drop you off at the port but they are forbidden from pickup up at the port - city ordinance.

Yes, take Uber. I took Uber from FLL to the Comfort Inn port of Miami.

It was $40 with no tip - 4 people. Within 2 minutes of our request, our driver arrived. If I took a taxi, it was estimated to be $90 and then obligation to tip.

Uber can also drop you off at the port but they are forbidden from pickup up at the port - city ordinance.

is this recent? When I cruised in Jan, I got picked up at the port no problem, lots of people were doing so

ALSO, check prices for LYFT, they can be cheaper, and just as good service in my opinion - if you can share a ride with some people, maybe from your roll call, it can be really affordable as well

Have you used uber before? It is a little different than a cab or car service, but I really like using them. Also if you have not I can give you a promo code for $20 off your first ride.

No I never used them before. I would appreaciate the code you have for a discount. Thanks so much :)

Edited by Jerzzygirl

Thank you everyone for your imput! We are a party of 3 adults & I am assuming the cars have plenty of luggage room. I just d/led the app and will give them a try. We have NCL trasfers to get back to the aiport from the port upon debarkation. Its almost time for our Haven Escape and I couldnt be more excited :) :) :)

Thank you everyone for your imput! We are a party of 3 adults & I am assuming the cars have plenty of luggage room. I just d/led the app and will give them a try. We have NCL trasfers to get back to the aiport from the port upon debarkation. Its almost time for our Haven Escape and I couldnt be more excited :) :) :)

I have a code 0dfki which gets you a free ride, up to $15 (actually the deal says a varying amount based on location, but a discount nonetheless).

I used Uber out of FLL and it was very inexpensive. If you use the code above it doesn't matter, but i used Uber's new thing called UberPool which allows the driver to pick up and deliver other passengers, like a carpool. One other guy was in the car when I got in, but I got dropped off first. Very inexpensive.

I did the same at the end of the cruise. Got picked up at the port no problem. (I guess if someone asks, just say your friend, **UberDriverName**, is picking you up.) But nobody questioned and the driver made no mention of being nervous. That ride was POOL but no other riders!

Edited by tiger-91

Don't assume that the cars have a lot of luggage room, so do and others don't.

A UberX will hold 4 people but generally only a small amount of luggage. Might be a Toyota Prius or similar size.

A Uber XL is a minivan or small SUV. They cost more but if you have luggage like I have luggage its necessary.

Planning on using Uber XL this Saturday/ Yeah!!!!

There are also shuttles but they stop running or charge a lot more after 3 and my flight gets in a 3:05

The poster who said Uber could not pick up at POM was incorrect. Uber can pick you up and drop you off at POM or Port Everglades or any combo of ports, hotels, airports, restaurants, homes etc. Our driver in Miami said he'd go as far as Key West or Orlando.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app