Remind me - are glass bottles okay to bring

TxChick

I'm bringing some mixers on board - are glass bottles okay?

Very clearly the answer is no: (directly from the Carnival website) Bringing Liquor and Beverages Onboard - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages onboard that are packaged in bottles.

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board with the following exception:

At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage.

I had planed to bring a few small cartons of Half/Half in 16oz containers. Its been a couple of years ago that we did this before but the rules may not apply now. Any feedback would be appreciated. And please no arguing that they have Half and Half on board. We prefer the Dairy type.

Thanks

I had planed to bring a few small cartons of Half/Half in 16oz containers. Its been a couple of years ago that we did this before but the rules may not apply now. Any feedback would be appreciated. And please no arguing that they have Half and Half on board. We prefer the Dairy type.

Thanks

It would really depend on how literally the security at the port takes the 12oz rule.

Thanks

I agree, it truly is going to depend on security. It is outside the rules so be prepared to discard it.

Just curious how you will keep them cold while boarding?

Even though you are an experienced cruiser others that may read this post might need to know.

FYI: Ice chest size is limited to 12X12X12 and CAN NOT have ice when boarding. Not all staterooms have "mini fridges" and those that do don't always cool below the recommended 40 degrees food storage temp.

Thanks

Do they have Half/Half in the individual servings like they do the non-dairy creamers.

Edited by Sparky2

I too am wondering about 'refrigeration' of dairy half and half? They do have the dairy version on carnival ships as far as I know? (as mentioned - in carafes at the buffet/lido deck coffee stations).

I just want to put this out there first. I am particular about my coffee. It's my only vise in life. I seldom drink booze and do not smoke but I do enjoy a dark roast coffee with a splash of cream. There is nothing like waking up to my perfect cup of coffee and enjoying the sunrise on a cruise. We went so far as to pack individual tea bags with our brand. Aboard many cruises my wife and I went without as the cream onboard has a sweetness to it which we do not like. I know it says Half/Half and it's in a carafe but it tastes funny. Anyway, our last cruise on the Magic we brought three 16oz containers from the Walgreens in Miami. You are correct to say the refrigerators are not that cold but they kept for the 8 days then. I'm hoping the new rules will still allow for this.