Return flight boarding passes

jgsatgka

Sailing Concierge class next year. Will the onboard concierge check you in and print boarding passes for return flights?

I've never asked them to do this, but it is worth asking. Have you sailed with Celebrity before? If so, what level of Captain's Club are you? Elite is provided with 90 minutes free internet, so you could print your own then.

If nothing else, you can print your boarding passes at the airport. Some airlines will give you the option of automatically checking you in for your return flight also.

We like the "X" pkg for $20. each. It includes printing boarding passes and luggage tags. Put them in the hall and pick them up at home airport. Yes, you still have to go to security.

DH has a power chair. Have to get a special taxi, and I handle luggage. It's so worth it!

We don't bother. Still have to check in our bags.

When we've been concierge booked we haven't ever been offered the service. It's not a special amenity.

Edited by eandj

Never heard of this package is this through Celebrity? They print your boarding pass, luggage is picked up last evening and forwarded to airline and you pickup when you arrive home at that airport for $ 20 per person. This sounds like a great way to do a return home did I describe it correctly or am I not understanding the program, interested in doing this if available.

Never heard of this package is this through Celebrity? They print your boarding pass, luggage is picked up last evening and forwarded to airline and you pickup when you arrive home at that airport for $ 20 per person. This sounds like a great way to do a return home did I describe it correctly or am I not understanding the program, interested in doing this if available.

Luggage valet is offered through certain airports and certain airlines only. I think it might only be US airports ... but others have stated they were successful in getting this in Vancouver...maybe elsewhere.

It is $20 pp as stated above but if you only have one or two pieces of luggage to check, you only have to sign up for one person and the other passenger can either check in online or at the airport.

I think Southwest recently dropped out of this program and I believe it is no longer available at SeaTac either ... at least that is the report I am getting from current Solstice travelers....maybe a temporary thing? You will get luggage tags in your room to attach to your luggage once you have been checked in for your flight. You attach these to your luggage prior to setting it out in the hallway the night before disembarkation. We've used it out of Ft Lauderdale and it is a dream....really a dream. Our luggage safely arrived and was the 7th bag out on the turn style at SFO upon our return from Ft Lauderdale. We held onto one carry on ... it make our check in and plane change so much easier. Best $20 you will ever spend.

Celebrity will ask you to fill out a questionnaire (it is really helpful to print out your flight details when signing up for it) asking if you have an exclusion for baggage fees (first class, mileage status, etc) ... and if not, you will also be charged for your baggage fees at that time. They check you in 24 hrs ahead of time if your flight meets all the criteria (timing, airline, airport, etc).

You can use your onboard credit for this service as well....for the luggage valet .. not sure about the baggage fees.

So far, however, this may change, if your luggage is a little overweight, there has been no additional charges for the overweight baggage airline fees. We always take a luggage scale so cannot vouch for this happening every time.

The program is called Luggage Valet. Not every airline participates and it is not available at all ports. Your flight has to be a domestic flight and must leave after a certain time, usually 11:30 from FLL and Miami. If you sail into one port, say FLL, and fly from Miami the flight time is later than 11:30.

The cost is $20 PP plus any baggage fees charged by your airline. It includes the boarding passes, so take a copy of your itinerary for guest relations. You will have special tags for your luggage and will put it in the hall the night before disembarkation. The next time you see it will be at your home airport.

I don't know if it is available at any international ports.

On our last cruise, we ran out of our 2 x 90 Elite minutes. So had to pay by the minute to check-in and print our boarding passes. DH insisted we do so because we were flying out of Amsterdam. The cost ended up being $14 because the process was so slow.

Edited by Iamthesea

I will be flying from New Jersey back to Ft. laud after cruise. Who do I book this with airline (United) on board the Summit, or with Celebrity? Sounds great hope it works out for us.

Thanks for the quick answers .

I will be flying from New Jersey back to Ft. laud after cruise. Who do I book this with airline (United) on board the Summit, or with Celebrity? Sounds great hope it works out for us.

Ask at Guest Relations when you are on the ship. They will be able to tell if Luggage Valet is available on your sailing, airline get you the necessary forms to complete.

I disembarked Summit on Sunday and flew from Newark to Orlando. According to Guest Relations Luggage Valet is not available at Newark.