Omelets

rkacruiser

The biggest complaint I've heard and read on here is that if you go through the buffet line for other items, then stand in line to get an omelet, the rest of the food is cold by the time you get your omelet. If you get the omelet first, then go through the line for the rest, your omelet is cold.

I have waited in line for 20+ minutes to get my omelet and I get eggs over easy for my spouse. They use eggs out of box, but I have found that most times the omelets are excellent. Several times the omelet is burned as they never cleaned the pan or put in the spray.

Carnival gets their eggs from an egg farm in Gainesville, Georgia, the Chicken Capital

of the World. You can really taste the flavor of a Southern Georgia Egg! Try them and I bet you can't eat just one!

Are you a poultry farmer? To me, eggs are eggs. I couldn't tell you what state an egg came from. All eggs come from the South end of a North-facing chicken. :rolleyes:

I have waited in line for 20+ minutes to get my omelet and I get eggs over easy for my spouse. They use eggs out of box, but I have found that most times the omelets are excellent. Several times the omelet is burned as they never cleaned the pan or put in the spray.

I don't know what ship you were on, but on the Dream, they used real eggs, not out of a box. Even my standard 3 scrambled eggs were 3 whole eggs in the pan scrambled. I don't think we waited more then 5 minutes. Although we ate breakfast around 10 so maybe it's slower.

The omelette station uses real eggs. The scrambled eggs on the buffet are gross.

I gave up on the buffet powdered eggs a long time ago. I either get eggs over medium from the omelet station or hard boiled eggs from the buffet.

Not sure if the omelet station uses real eggs as have only seen it poured from a jug (possibly from a carton).

IMHO the only way to be sure is have eggs fried.

Same in MDR no way to tell if it is real egg unless poached boiled fried etc.

The Omelet station On the Conquest were great. I always have a every thing omelet and then top it off with salsa and never wait more then ten minutes. They also had most of your sides like bacon, ham, toast, pancakes and some kind of potatoes.

Here is a pic form the Conquest last December

081_zpsedu6fa3k.jpg

Last week on Legend it did not appear to me they were using real eggs for omelets at the omelet station. They had a big bowl of egg mixture in it but it was kind of brown tinted and did not look yellow like fresh cracked eggs. The omelet guy was dipping out scoops of the mixture to cook.

The omelets are always brown on the outside when they cook them because they try to cook them too fast. Eggs should not be brown if they are cooked properly.

On sea day, I ordered steak and eggs with eggs over medium. My eggs came out cooked so hard when I tried to cut one, the whole hard yolk popped out in one piece. It was like a hockey puck.

It's really difficult to get good eggs on Carnival IMO. The scrambled eggs on the buffet are definitely made from powdered eggs.

Your opinions please:

Are they tasty? Do they meet your expectations? Are they from "eggs in shell"? Or are they being made from an "egg product of some type"?

I'm an "egg whites only, no spray or oil" omelet eater, and find this is the best place to get a good breakfast. Add some mushrooms & onions, find some salsa, and yum!

:p