Yacht Club on the Seaside wirh kids

hulksmash

I agree with you children should not be allowed in the YC

LOl just because you don't have kids and paid $500 more then other pax dose not mean it should be kids free zone. There are lots of adult cruise lines .

Edited by GOLDENBONNY

LOl just because you don't have kids and paid $500 more then other pax dose not mean it should be kids free zone. There are lots of adult cruise lines .

I'm curious... what are the adults only cruise lines? I'm not aware of any, though I believe there is a ship in P&O's fleet which is adults only. I'm genuinely interested as it would certainly be something to look into.

Typically we sail during term time meaning we enjoy off-peak savings as well as a generally child-free experience. In fact sailing with Celebrity, we've rarely seen more than a handful of kids on the ship.

It's also common to have adults-only areas of a ship, which is a sensible compromise for cruise lines. The solarium on Celebrity ships is adults-only, and this is reasonably well adhered to. I believe even Disney Cruise Lines have adults-only areas and restaurants.

We just returned this past Saturday and stayed in the YC. There were a few families with children in the YC but most well behaved. We did the western itinerary and had four ports and stayed on the ship. This was the time we truly enjoyed the YC. Mostly everyone went off and we had the place to ourselves(especially the pool)...it was heaven!! The level of service was outstanding...we would book the YC again in a heart beat.

Sure, and as I said in my post if the kids are suited to such a venue then (at least in my opinion) they're more than welcome.

But surely you wouldn't force your screaming kid to sit in a fancy restaurant at the discomfort of the child and everyone around you?

If I had any sort of say in the matter then I'd make Yacht Club adults only, but I don't so I think it's fair to expect a little common sense and courtesy from parents who choose to book there. Bring your kids if you want, but if they start acting up you need to withdraw to your stateroom to allow them to calm down.

Earlier I responded to that situation and the answer is no. Having children isn't a bad thing at all and I think some people forget where they come from. My question was for people with KIDS or experience with them in the Yacht Club and apparently you have none, but consider yourself the Yacht Club police.

Also telling people what they should do defies common decency. Afterall you do not have kids, so your opinion is worth what I leave after my morning constitutional. Please take your own advice and practice what you preach.

Earlier I responded to that situation and the answer is no. Having children isn't a bad thing at all and I think some people forget where they come from. My question was for people with KIDS or experience with them in the Yacht Club and apparently you have none, but consider yourself the Yacht Club police.

Also telling people what they should do defies common decency. Afterall you do not have kids, so your opinion is worth what I leave after my morning constitutional. Please take your own advice and practice what you preach.

Rest assured I don't consider myself the YC police. I've travelled with children as I typically have a large holiday once a year where nieces and nephews are present. I'm simply speaking in favour of how the parents I know behave, which is sensible in my eyes and how I operate myself when responsible for sail children. I think my opinion is just as valid as any other opinion.

I believe that you and I are probably largely in agreement about this, even if we're each coming across badly to the other. I wish you a lovely day and happy cruising!

I have kids but I agree with him, If kids don't behave properly they should be out of DR, YC or not. But I am a parent who don't think my little angels should be loved by everyone.

I have kids but I agree with him, If kids don't behave properly they should be out of DR, YC or not. But I am a parent who don't think my little angels should be loved by everyone.

Neither am I, nor have I proclaimed that. I disagree with his position, period and have outlined that argument earlier.

Can we ban the crotchety individuals who treat staff like crap? That would be my preference if we get to determine who can restrict it from the YC. I saw it a couple times last week where a passenger was so rude to the staff it was offensive. My daughter was by no means perfect and we had to remind her on occasion to use her inside voice because she was so excited to be on the cruise she sometimes got a little loud. I rather have enthusiasm and excitement of a child than rudeness of an adult.

If one wants an adult YC experience, I believe the do a couple alternative lifestyle cruises a year.

Can we ban the crotchety individuals who treat staff like crap? That would be my preference if we get to determine who can restrict it from the YC. I saw it a couple times last week where a passenger was so rude to the staff it was offensive. My daughter was by no means perfect and we had to remind her on occasion to use her inside voice because she was so excited to be on the cruise she sometimes got a little loud. I rather have enthusiasm and excitement of a child than rudeness of an adult.

If one wants an adult YC experience, I believe the do a couple alternative lifestyle cruises a year.

I can't stand those who are rude to staff. Thankfully I've very rarely seen such behaviour (and in fairness I've also very rarely seen badly behaved children on cruises).

What's worse is that adults should know better. Its appalling to see, and as someone who's worked in retail with members of the general public I can't stand rude people.

What are alternative lifestyle cruises?

I was a teacher for 34 years; couldn't have stayed in the profession if I didn't love kids.

However, parents who have the "My child can do no wrong" attitude were pretty much impossible to deal with, and that attitude, unfortunately, carries over to all other aspects of life, including vacations. Kids will be excited because they are on vacation, and I have absolutely no problem with them enjoying themselves. But when clueless parents let their children run amok with no consideration for others' enjoyment, whether it be by the pool or in a restaurant on a cruise ship, then that's when I say "enough." A little courtesy goes a long way. Some adults have never learned that lesson, unfortunately, and therefore have not taught their children that simple concept and simply let their kids do what they damn well please because they'd rather not deal with discipline.

Do I want to spend my $ on a Yacht Club accommodation and take the chance of having unruly kids in the YC common areas? Maybe. I can't control it, so I have to take a chance, I guess. But I'll think long and hard about booking the January cruise I was considering.

Alternative lifestyle would be a nudist or swingers cruise. I know that they had a swingers cruise before.

Ah ok... I'll pass on that personally, but it's cool that these are options for those who are interested.

I was a teacher for 34 years; couldn't have stayed in the profession if I didn't love kids.

However, parents who have the "My child can do no wrong" attitude were pretty much impossible to deal with, and that attitude, unfortunately, carries over to all other aspects of life, including vacations. Kids will be excited because they are on vacation, and I have absolutely no problem with them enjoying themselves. But when clueless parents let their children run amok with no consideration for others' enjoyment, whether it be by the pool or in a restaurant on a cruise ship, then that's when I say "enough." A little courtesy goes a long way. Some adults have never learned that lesson, unfortunately, and therefore have not taught their children that simple concept and simply let their kids do what they damn well please because they'd rather not deal with discipline.

Do I want to spend my $ on a Yacht Club accommodation and take the chance of having unruly kids in the YC common areas? Maybe. I can't control it, so I have to take a chance, I guess. But I'll think long and hard about booking the January cruise I was considering.

What makes you think the Lord of the Flies is occurring in the YC? The number of kids percentage wise in the YC is much smaller than the rest of the ship. It is not overrun with children. Is it possible that you may see a kid get of hand? Yes, but it is not going to be a common occurrence.

I have seen this same argument on the Celebrity message board. Kids should not be on their cruise line. It is some right or "entitlement" they believe they should have. Now we are having the same argument in regards to the MSC Yacht Club. People forget these are family cruise lines and encourage families to cruise together, including in the YC. It makes good business sense. Plus, I'm paying more.

Alternative lifestyle would be a nudist or swingers cruise. I know that they had a swingers cruise before.

Haaaaaa!!!! We were onboard for last years swingers cruise,,,,and no we did not partake,,not our scene,,but they had the whole Yacht Club to themselves,,even had tarps put up so no one could see them sun bathing in the nude!!!:eek::eek:

What makes you think the Lord of the Flies is occurring in the YC? The number of kids percentage wise in the YC is much smaller than the rest of the ship. It is not overrun with children. Is it possible that you may see a kid get of hand? Yes, but it is not going to be a common occurrence.

I have seen this same argument on the Celebrity message board. Kids should not be on their cruise line. It is some right or "entitlement" they believe they should have. Now we are having the same argument in regards to the MSC Yacht Club. People forget these are family cruise lines and encourage families to cruise together, including in the YC. It makes good business sense. Plus, I'm paying more.

No, I certainly do not think I'm "entitled" to anything except returned courtesy from fellow pax!

Rest assured I don't consider myself the YC police. I've travelled with children as I typically have a large holiday once a year where nieces and nephews are present. I'm simply speaking in favour of how the parents I know behave, which is sensible in my eyes and how I operate myself when responsible for sail children. I think my opinion is just as valid as any other opinion.

I believe that you and I are probably largely in agreement about this, even if we're each coming across badly to the other. I wish you a lovely day and happy cruising!

You too, cruising is one of the joys in life not to be missed. Hopefully I will see you on a ship in the future.

I am a teacher aswell and work extra jobs to afford vacations, so they are very dear to my family. Rest assured I understand the mentality you described and more often than not if comes from adults. No matter what, there will be a guest you do not like and if you let if ruin your vacation it would be a shame. Besides cruising in January there wont be many kids at all. Btw, I have been in the profession 17 years and rolling with the punches is the teachers motto.

Haaaaaa!!!! We were onboard for last years swingers cruise,,,,and no we did not partake,,not our scene,,but they had the whole Yacht Club to themselves,,even had tarps put up so no one could see them sun bathing in the nude!!!:eek::eek:

I hope they used Lysol on the furniture.

I have to be honest. I was torn between changing our suite to YC for impeccable service, privacy, less people and definitely no children. Sooooo many posts lately about kids in the YC and I am very glad I did not pay the extra $$$ for it. I may be a rarity, and I am truly sorry...I have children and grandchildren, but I envisioned "grown ups only" in the YC. Glad I did not spend the extra $$$.

We've cruised when there were children and teens in the YC and they were extremely well behaved. Never would've even known they were there if you didn't see them. I've also sailed "steerage" on Divina (more than the YC) and there were unruly children at dinner every night (and we chose late dining in hopes that most of them would be in bed...haha).

Edited by FLAMOM24

I'm not sure Adults Only is a good idea after our experience on Divina.

When we were in the Yacht Club, on Divina, on the first day, it was not children who were a problem, but others in the Yacht Club. As I walked down a cabin hallway I inadvertently heard a vicious screaming argument between a husband and wife. It was so bad that I wondered if I should go to the concierge and ask him/her to phone ships security as I was afraid it might turn physical. It certainly was NOT a relaxing beginning to the cruise. Later they continued to argue in the Top Sail lounge. It was stressful and inappropriate public behavior and my husband and I realized based on what was being said - (and we were sitting far away from them but they were screaming so we could not miss the drama at all ) - that the woman probably had dementia and was suffering from paranoia and the husband didn't realize what was wrong with her yet and was trying to talk to her as though she could think logically, which she clearly could not. After that day we never saw the couple again. I believe they must have disembarked in Puerto Rico and gone home. I felt really bad for the man because I think he is clueless about what is wrong with his wife and when he finally finds out this is going to be a very tragic situation for him to cope with.

At any rate, I would prefer a reasonably well-behaved child in the yacht club to the screaming couple any day.

Eeeeew!!!

MSC virgin here who will be taking his first MSC cruise on Seaside in 2018. I'll have my wife and kids in the Yacht Club but don't worry, they won't be a problem. :D

The NCL Haven (Escape) staff loved my kids and my kids were never a problem in the Haven or the Haven restaurant. They (and the restaurant) were so quiet, the younger child fell asleep in her chair.

We dress for dinner on every cruise, (even Carnival, gasp :eek:) so my kids are used to how things are at dinner. It's not uncommon for my wife and I to receive compliments from strangers about how well behaved my kids are.

Not all kids are like the family on "Malcolm In The Middle".