Live from the Dawn

megansdad1

They checked passports? We have them but not the kids and Auntie's expired. We never needed them for this trip before.

Anybody else starting to stress over that comment? Birth Certs. & picture ID's only.

Still 100 + days out but that's an expense I didn't plan on.

They checked passports? We have them but not the kids and Auntie's expired. We never needed them for this trip before.

Anybody else starting to stress over that comment? Birth Certs. & picture ID's only.

We both cruised with drivers licenses and birth certificates. It is s closed loop cruise. Just don't miss the boat. You can't fly out with out a passport

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I don't know how to edit. He said yes on Breakaway. Dawn was considered but he thought they decided no. But that could change. (And possibly mess with my currently booked 5-5-17 cruise...)

I'm on your same May 2017 cruise and had a small panic attack as well.... here are the details for the America's Cup:

The provisional schedule for the 2017 America’s Cup has been released which emphasizes the most prominent races to be held on the Great Sound in Bermuda during the weekend. The Challenger Qualifiers will be between May 26 and June 12 with the America’s Cup Match to be between June 17 and 27.

The Challenger program begins with the America’s Cup Qualifiers, a double round-robin series between May 26 and June 5 that the Defender participates in. The top four Challengers advance to the Challenger Playoffs between June 7 and 12, which consists of best of 9 Semi-Final and Final matches to determine the Challenger to compete in the 35th America’s Cup.

The top Challenger advances to the America’s Cup Match against Oracle Team USA in a best of 13 series scheduled for June 17-27.

Have not seen*. And that is the select oak

Not seeing MaCallan 18 or 21 or 25 is a bummer...Mac 12 Select Oak is ok...whats the best whiskey available besides JW Blue?

Any idea abt the wine bar...can you pay up for premium wines by the glasses, and what are the better/best CA reds?

Again where's the edit button. Interesting history.

My phone auto corrects like mad. As you all experience too I'm sure.

LOL... you can edit for only the first 8 - 10 minutes after you hit submit and then it locks all editing.... on your phone: if you highlight your post, in the upper right there is "share", "quote", and "edit".... on the web: "edit" is along the bottom of your post window

Edited by esm54687

No need to stress.... poster was using a generic term of "passport" and was using her specific experience.... you are fine with original birth certificate and government issued photo ID

No need to stress.... poster was using a generic term of "passport" and was using her specific experience.... you are fine with original birth certificate and government issued photo ID

Obv a current passport will work. How an expired one as sufficient proof of citizenship for the kids? Is that suffieient?

Obv a current passport will work. How an expired one as sufficient proof of citizenship for the kids? Is that suffieient?

kid's don't have the expired passport, the auntie does.... and no, an expired passport (or govt issued ID) is not accepted so they should stick with current valid birth certificates and photo ID

kid's don't have the expired passport, the auntie does.... and no, an expired passport (or govt issued ID) is not accepted so they should stick with current valid birth certificates and photo ID

What kid kid a photo ID? See that you need a birth certificate to get a passport, and all Bermuda , looking for is proof of citizenship, I would think an expired passport for children would suffice...but guess an expired passport works as a picture ID w the birth certificate...but otherwise, if a kid does have a passport, not sure what he/she would us for a pic ID?

After a brief rainstorm this morning, our final day in Bermuda turned out well. I upload as many pictures as it would allow. We will be leaving port shortly

Thankyou for the photos:D:D

Do you know if there are shuttles running to horseshoe bay on day 1?

Really looking forward to August on the Dawn:D

Leekel619

After many years of doing Dawn to BDA and before that the Majesty, I tried the HAL to BDA last week. It was mainly because at the time of booking, Dawn was about 1K more than we paid in previous years for an aft penthouse. We had a Neptune suite on the Veendam, and while I missed the butler, there's a nice lounge with a concierge and food all day for the suite pax. Some nice suite perks, including free laundry and dry cleaning, for the suites. The upcharge Pinnacle was fantastic. I would say better than Bistro or Cagney's. From your picture, you look like you might be out of your 20s or 30s. We are 50s and 60s and enjoyed the size of the ship, the great entertainment in the piano bar, and the lack of hundreds of kids in the pool. It was a cruise geared toward adults with children being secondary as opposed to the other way around. HAL's Veendam is doing Bermuda into the middle of July next summer. Veendam always docks starboard side to Hamilton, so if you're looking for a busy view, that would be the way to go.

Leekel619

After many years of doing Dawn to BDA and before that the Majesty, I tried the HAL to BDA last week. It was mainly because at the time of booking, Dawn was about 1K more than we paid in previous years for an aft penthouse. We had a Neptune suite on the Veendam, and while I missed the butler, there's a nice lounge with a concierge and food all day for the suite pax. Some nice suite perks, including free laundry and dry cleaning, for the suites. The upcharge Pinnacle was fantastic. I would say better than Bistro or Cagney's. From your picture, you look like you might be out of your 20s or 30s. We are 50s and 60s and enjoyed the size of the ship, the great entertainment in the piano bar, and the lack of hundreds of kids in the pool. It was a cruise geared toward adults with children being secondary as opposed to the other way around. HAL's Veendam is doing Bermuda into the middle of July next summer. Veendam always docks starboard side to Hamilton, so if you're looking for a busy view, that would be the way to go.

Thank you the great review and alternative option

I wouldn't say much longer, but at times there can be a long wait at popular bars. The nice thing is that you can always go about 30 feet and find a bar with almost no line! If you're at the pool and the line is long, go to Bimini Bar, or Gatsby's or the atrium bar or ...

Leekel619

The tiny pictures next to our user name must not be enlarge-able for you either. We are early and late 60's. [emoji1354][emoji1353][emoji10]

All of our cruise vacations have been with NCL Boston to Bermuda. This was our 12th in a row with a few Royal Majesty trips before that.

The HAL sounds very nice. I've looked at their website.

We never book suites or upgrade to them. No desire even after all the reviews.

[emoji7] As long as we have a balcony that's all I want.

Very content with B1 except for this year. Horrible music noise level on Deck 8 until 3AM every night. (We were ignorant that moment we maniacally re-booked when our cruise was cancelled for longer dry-dock)

But we adjusted quite well and already forgot about that part [emoji52] It was stressful at the time. Note to self: stop bringing it up *shivers*

We always book on Deck 10 aft-facing balcony. Love it.

Early May is our preferred time to cruise.

I would enjoy docking in Hamilton for a change. Maybe some day we'll try HAL. Thank You for the tips!

da4daeb923b35b05a5e81a244f60e4a8.jpg

What kid kid a photo ID? See that you need a birth certificate to get a passport, and all Bermuda , looking for is proof of citizenship, I would think an expired passport for children would suffice...but guess an expired passport works as a picture ID w the birth certificate...but otherwise, if a kid does have a passport, not sure what he/she would us for a pic ID?

Not sure about Bermuda, but we only have birth certificates for 2 of our 3 kids (the other went to Mexico on a school trip so got one for that), and no photo id. Never had a problem on any of our cruises or ports. My niece also only had a bc and they didn't ask for her photo id (she is 18 now, but sailed from 16 on, so had a driver's license) any of the times we've sailed.

For those who just completed the cruise - please tell us your overall opinion of the rehab. Does it feel like a newer ship? Were you pleased? Were there any problems booking speciality restaurants?

We will be crushing on the Dawn next October and have encouraged a group of friends to join us. Just hoping we (they) will not be disappointed.

Appreciate your feedback.