First Formal Night Menu

geoherb

What vegetarian options are available on the first formal night menu? I want to plan whether to make a special request the night before. From our itinerary, I'm pretty certain the first formal night will coincide with my meatless Monday. I'm sure HAL folks have had to deal with stranger things than part-time vegetarians.

What vegetarian options are available on the first formal night menu? I want to plan whether to make a special request the night before. From our itinerary, I'm pretty certain the first formal night will coincide with my meatless Monday. I'm sure HAL folks have had to deal with stranger things than part-time vegetarians.

You don't mention the ship, also, I assume you mean Main Dining Room?

I have seen a number of HAL menus on other sites and they always have a selection of vegetarian options. I have been full time vegetarian and then had to go to 'flexigetarian" so I always critique the vegetarian selections. As long as no wheat or soy, I would often choose from there as they are bound to be prepared with attention to detail.

There is always a vegetarian option every night in the MDR, and often quite good. I have been tempted to try them on "gala night' since the rest of the " gala" menu now leaves me very uninterested. Not sure why they downgraded this menu to such a repetitive bore.

I'm sure many of the vegetarian entree options are great. I may have to wait until I board the ship to find out if the night I know I want one will have something I like. I found this menu on HAL's website. I would order the vegetable lasagna from it the night before if the regular entree doesn't appeal to me.

Edited by geoherb

I'm sure many of the vegetarian entree options are great. I may have to wait until I board the ship to find out if the night I know I want one will have something I like. I found this menu on HAL's website. I would order the vegetable lasagna from it the night before if the regular entree doesn't appeal to me.

Here is a link to our scanned menus for the first Gala Night in Alaska 2016 (scroll down to the MDR):

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/NA-16-MN-02.pdf

Here is a link to our scanned menus for the first Gala Night in Alaska 2016 (scroll down to the MDR):

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/NA-16-MN-02.pdf

crewsNews, not to divert the trphread, but has anyone mentioned having problems navigatiopng you new and improved site? I was on it earlier to provide geoherb details, but the link to the specific cruise menus seems to end in an empty page. It has been my go to site for my upcoming NA cruise, but I seem a little lost on it these days. Also work computer said the Pinicale Lunch menu pdf was corrupted.

crewsNews, not to divert the trphread, but has anyone mentioned having problems navigatiopng you new and improved site? I was on it earlier to provide geoherb details, but the link to the specific cruise menus seems to end in an empty page. It has been my go to site for my upcoming NA cruise, but I seem a little lost on it these days. Also work computer said the Pinicale Lunch menu pdf was corrupted.

Thanks. I will add the links later today but the submenus still work fine. No problems with the Pinnacle Grill Lunch menu file opening on other's computers.

Thanks. I will add the links later today but the submenus still work fine. No problems with the Pinnacle Grill Lunch menu file opening on other's computers.

Boy, my spelling didn't look that erroneous when I hit 'sent' yesterday, and I am pretty sure I had my glasses on. Regardless, thanks for the reply. I checked today and the Pinnacle lunch uploaded well. Thanks again.