Seattle Hotels that let you leave your car during the cruise

My family and I are sailing out of Seattle May 2017 with Holland America for a 14 Day Alaskan cruise. My husband and two adultish children who are 20 and 23 and my parents will be travelling in two vehicles from Alberta Canada. We live a days drive away and would like to find a hotel that would allow us to leave our cars at the hotel for a reasonable price. We would arrive in the afternoon the day before we leave on our cruise. We would like to see a bit of Seattle and plan to spend some time at the Pike Place Market. This will be our first time in Seattle. We are looking for a mid range hotel. Does this exist in Seattle? When we sail out of Vancouver we always leave our car at the same hotel and they charge us an additional $30 per week for the privilege with one nights stay.

Thanks

I think you probably should look near the airport as any hotels in the city center will (a) not be mid-range in pricing, and (b) probably will charge a lot for long-term parking.

You can certainly use your car during your visiting days; with a big party it might be cheaper just to pay for parking during the days compared to wrangling public transportation.

The Coast Hotel at the airport has great "park and fly" packages and is a nice hotel with breakfast included. Parking is at a Valet lot about a mile away (hotel and parking same owner). We unload at the hotel, take the car to the lot then shuttle back to the airport then hotel. Great restaurant right in the hotel parking lot.

You would need to arrange a shuttle to the cruise terminal from the hotel (hotel may have suggestions).

I believe the Hotel Nexus north of Seattle was the last "Stay and Cruise" property that shuttled guests to the cruise terminal. Seattle is so busy now hotels in the city aren't offering the reasonable parking packages.

Edited by frankc98376

My family and I are sailing out of Seattle May 2017 with Holland America for a 14 Day Alaskan cruise. My husband and two adultish children who are 20 and 23 and my parents will be travelling in two vehicles from Alberta Canada. We live a days drive away and would like to find a hotel that would allow us to leave our cars at the hotel for a reasonable price. We would arrive in the afternoon the day before we leave on our cruise. We would like to see a bit of Seattle and plan to spend some time at the Pike Place Market. This will be our first time in Seattle. We are looking for a mid range hotel. Does this exist in Seattle? When we sail out of Vancouver we always leave our car at the same hotel and they charge us an additional $30 per week for the privilege with one nights stay.

Thanks

Just checked on parksleepfly dot com and for those dates. there is the Sutton Suites for $190/night that includes 7 days of parking, $8/day for more and the Knights Inn for $130/night that includes 14 days of parking and $7/day if you need more. Would need transportation to the pier, they are both 6-8 miles away. Keep checking on there, more might open up, but for now at least, those two are available.

Just checked on parksleepfly dot com and for those dates. there is the Sutton Suites for $190/night that includes 7 days of parking, $8/day for more and the Knights Inn for $130/night that includes 14 days of parking and $7/day if you need more. Would need transportation to the pier, they are both 6-8 miles away. Keep checking on there, more might open up, but for now at least, those two are available.

Sutton is at Seatac- have never stayed there. Knights Inn is in Tuckwila not far from airport. Roadside type motel- I would probably not stay there or leave my car. Have driven past- looks like a "hour or day or week type of place from outside. Some of the pics online of rooms are pretty scary. Trip Advisor is your friend!

Sutton is at Seatac- have never stayed there. Knights Inn is in Tuckwila not far from airport. Roadside type motel- I would probably not stay there or leave my car. Have driven past- looks like a "hour or day or week type of place from outside. Some of the pics online of rooms are pretty scary. Trip Advisor is your friend!

I wasn't recommending them. It was more just info about what is out there and where to look.

• 2 weeks later...

When we cruise from Seattle we always stay - and leave our car - at the Best Western Executel near the airport. The parking is on site, right behind the hotel. They have free breakfast and a free shuttle that will take you to link station where you can catch the rail into the city.

Edited by idahospud

I am driving to Seattle from MN in 2 weeks, and haven't planned where to stay the night before we get there. I would like to stay under $150 for the night, since will just get there and sleep and leave in the morning. Wondering if staying about an hour east of Seattle and paying to park by pier would be cheaper than a cruise and park near the port?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When we cruise from Seattle we always stay - and leave our car - at the Best Western Executel near the airport. The parking is on site, right behind the hotel. They have free breakfast and a free shuttle that will take you to link station where you can catch the rail into the city.

I second this. The name is now the Best Western Seattle Airport hotel.

Edited by shadowmeboy

The distance from SeaTac to Pier 91 is a lot further than any 6-8 miles, it's more like 22-23 miles! From the Sutton Suites area it's still a good 20 miles.

Tom

I am driving to Seattle from MN in 2 weeks, and haven't planned where to stay the night before we get there. I would like to stay under $150 for the night, since will just get there and sleep and leave in the morning. Wondering if staying about an hour east of Seattle and paying to park by pier would be cheaper than a cruise and park near the port?

Please keep in mind parking at pier is $25-$26 per day!:eek:

As broncosteve mentioned, parking in the vicinity of the pier can be pricey and I'll post info on current costs for the 2 locations near Pier 91 below. Not sure about locations near Pier 66. (Not sure which pier you're cruising out of.) With that said, You can get parking near SeaTac airport that is about half the price of the lots near 91. When I park near the airport I usually use WallyPark (you can find them online and make a reservation) which is $11.99 as I remember, but there are other locations nearby that are even less expensive but they have fewer spaces also. If you park there, it would require more time and driving also. If you decide to do that, I would recommend that you try and arrive at the pier about 10:30 or so, drop your bags off with everybody else in your party, then drive to the airport, drop off the car and catch a shuttle back. The definite downside of that is that it's going to take you the better part of 2 hours to go from the pier to the airport to drop off the car and get back to the pier. Then after the cruise you'll have to get back to the airport to pick up your car. Again, time spent doing this is a definite consideration. Now, given all that, here is the info for the two lots near to Pier 91.

Tom

------------------------------

Republic parking lot

Republic Parking Northwest

2001 West Garfield St.,

Lot D,

Seattle, WA 98119

Approx 1/4 mile from Pier 91. Free shuttle between parking area and terminal building. Ride is about 5 minutes each way. Roughly 2 miles from Pier 66. Check in with cashier for free taxi voucher to Pier 66. (15-20 minute ride to pier.)

Rate: $21.31/day plus tax, $1/day discount if paid online

RV rate: $29.51/day plus tax. Must be paid in advance & prepaid on-line to guarantee spot.

Armory parking lot

Located about 10 minutes away from Pier 91

Seattle CruisePark

1601 W. Armory Way

website http://www.seattlecruiseparking.com

1/2 mile from Pier 91, 2 miles from Pier 66. Free shuttles to/from both piers.

Rate: $21/day including tax

Thank you for the info. Tom!!

Yes, I had seen that it was $26 to park right at the port. I'm pretty sure I'm at Pier 91 - but haven't double checked. I'm on Royal though.

I am finding a number of hotels booked now or over $200, so I think I will stay east of Seattle some and then try the armory parking for the convenance. I am single mom traveling with my 3 kids , though they are not small, youngest is 14.

Thanks again!

Lori

Thank you for the info. Tom!!

Yes, I had seen that it was $26 to park right at the port. I'm pretty sure I'm at Pier 91 - but haven't double checked. I'm on Royal though.

Yep, you'll be sailing out of 91, Lori. I believe you made a good choice in where to park. You might want to stop by the pier before going to the parking lot and drop your bags off with a porter as that will save you having to handle the bags onto and off of the shuttle. Just make sure that you keep all of your travel documents with you and that they're not in the bags you check in!

Hope that y'all have a safe, easy drive to Seattle and back home!

Tom

We use the Armory parking and had had no problems at all. It's very close (you can see the ships from the lot).

We worried at first about safety of the car but when we got there we saw many very expensive cars and even a few motor homes.

One of the benefits is you avoid the craziness leaving Pier 91 in your car. The lot is up 15th Ave a bit so you can avoid the madhouse on the pier leaving the lot

I am wondering if there ever trouble getting into these lots, if they ever fill? Or if safe waiting to just park and paying when get there? In particular looking at the armory lot. I have a relative that lives an hour away from port and if they are able to get off work and let me leave my car at their house and drop me off, I of course would choose that option, but they won't know until a few days beforehand if they can do that.

I guess just really not much way of knowing and taking a chance, but if it is a huge lot, than I may just wait and wing it!

Thanks!

I am wondering if there ever trouble getting into these lots, if they ever fill? Or if safe waiting to just park and paying when get there? In particular looking at the armory lot. I have a relative that lives an hour away from port and if they are able to get off work and let me leave my car at their house and drop me off, I of course would choose that option, but they won't know until a few days beforehand if they can do that.

I guess just really not much way of knowing and taking a chance, but if it is a huge lot, than I may just wait and wing it!

Thanks!

Armory suggests advance reservation and payment. I'm putting the link below- the FAQ's explain everything. A lot of ships in Seattle so they are very busy.

https://seattlecruiseparking.com/