Dyea Dave

gottagoacruzn

Hi guys, just came home from a cruise, anybody thinkin of goin with Dyea Dave on the tour to Emerald Lake, I can say you will have a wonderful time on the tour, Dave is a funny guy. He knows where everything is. Saw a couple of bears, among other things, lunch in Carcross was terrific and so was the cinnamon bun, I had it for breakfast the other morning. I highly recommend him, the tour was worth the money. Good work, Dave!!:D

Thanks, planning on going with him next May so good to hear a first hand current account. Did you do train either way? Still going back and forth on that versus bus up and back.

We've been with Dyea Dave a couple of times and we highly recommend him. I would highly suggest going up with Dyea Dave and taking the train back. The weather normally is better for viewing from the train in the afternoon. We've done that numerous times in the past.

My cruise mate and I took a Dyea Dave tour to Emerald Lake on May 8 this year with the train back from Fraser. We had an EXCELLENT time. Dave is a nice, genuine fellow who felt like we had known him forever by the time the day was over. He met us again in Skagway to take us on back to the ship or wherever in town we needed to go. Excellent service! I can't imagine having any better of a day than our day with Dave. :)

Here are a couple pictures from the day:

The tour bus - so much better than one of the mega-buses. The ability to stop practically anywhere is key.

27068840963_fc0c16a205_c.jpg

27675550655_5071952b58_c.jpg

Note: No other Tourons in this shot! On the way to Emerald Lake the Yukon sign had two buses stopped with a huge crowd lined up for pictures. Dave drove on past and we stopped coming back. Perfect - there was a total of four Tourons plus Dave at our stop. :D

27387204160_8ef4be0f16_c.jpg

One of my favorite shots of the day - looking across Bernard Lake at the Fraser train station. An amazing cellphone shot - would would have thought...

27068259143_8354af3aca_c.jpg

Edited by SuperCrewBear

Thanks, planning on going with him next May so good to hear a first hand current account. Did you do train either way? Still going back and forth on that versus bus up and back.

Hi, no didn't do the train. Saw alot of things.

Yes BQ, mentioned that have been on cruise critics and Dave remembered my name, your name came up to, good of course!!:)

Hi guys, just came home from a cruise, anybody thinkin of goin with Dyea Dave on the tour to Emerald Lake, I can say you will have a wonderful time on the tour, Dave is a funny guy. He knows where everything is. Saw a couple of bears, among other things, lunch in Carcross was terrific and so was the cinnamon bun, I had it for breakfast the other morning. I highly recommend him, the tour was worth the money. Good work, Dave!!:D

We are thinking of doing his tour to Rmerald Lake with train back. Is Emerald Lake really as pretty as the pictures I've seen?

We are thinking of doing his tour to Rmerald Lake with train back. Is Emerald Lake really as pretty as the pictures I've seen?

Everything in Alaska is prettier in real life than any photos could ever hope to show.

Another vote for Dyea Dave Tour. We took the van/bus both directions which allowed us more photo opportunities. Our driver Renee was excellent & stopped at many sights we would not have found using a rental car.

1927_edited-1_zpsk1mrkktw.jpg[/img]

Emerald Lake on an overcast day last September

Another vote for Dyea Dave tours. Mom (85) doesn't have the endurance for the Emerald Lake trip, so we took the shorter Summit and Beyond tour this May. Renee was the driver. The trip was like a very scenic visit with a long time friend. The tour was a perfect blend of local information and beautiful vistas. We stopped for photos several times. The highlight of the trip was watching a young brown bear eat dandelions on the roadside.

Vicki

We also went with Dyea Dave last week, we were lucky to have Dave as our driver. Fantastic excursion! Everyone on our minibus was taking the bus back to town, and the earliest cruise ship wasn't leaving port until around 7. Since no one was in a hurry, we ended up getting an extended tour, with extra time in Carcross, and we even stopped at Michelle Phillips' sled dog camp on the way back. I think we made it back to town around 5:30 or so.

Later that evening we ran into Dave crusing around town in his classic Nash Metropolitan convertible. I really like Dave. He's just a guy that loves what he does, and likes sharing it with everyone.

We also went with Dyea Dave last week, we were lucky to have Dave as our driver. Fantastic excursion! Everyone on our minibus was taking the bus back to town, and the earliest cruise ship wasn't leaving port until around 7. Since no one was in a hurry, we ended up getting an extended tour, with extra time in Carcross, and we even stopped at Michelle Phillips' sled dog camp on the way back. I think we made it back to town around 5:30 or so.

Later that evening we ran into Dave crusing around town in his classic Nash Metropolitan convertible. I really like Dave. He's just a guy that loves what he does, and likes sharing it with everyone.

Yup Jeff, also saw Dave in his car cruising down the street. Forgot to take a picture then, but oh well, next time.:)