Would you sail without FTTF?

I prefer to get FTTF. It is nice being able to go straight to my room after lunch and start unpacking. Being one of the first to get off the ship is nice too. I would still cruise without FTTF, but I will get it if I can, especially with the staggered embarkation times. Don't have to worry about getting an early time.

I have heard many people sing praises to FTTF, even saying that they will not cruise without it. Really? Is this just rhetoric, or are they really serious?

Knowing a little bit about economics and the law of supply and demand, at what point would FTTF be too much to pay. When they raised the price from $50.00 to $60.00, it did nothing to affect demand. What if they raised it to $80.00 or $100.00/ Would you still buy it?

I purchased it when it first came out, and I am now a Plat, so I know the value of the perks it offers, but I was just curious as to the market value of the program.

That's like asking would you ever cruise in something other than a suite or a balcony room.

We've been platinum since before a loyalty program was even started, but have ALWAYS gone directly to our rooms. And would NEVER pay for that "luxury".

OH OP I can say I was once one of those that uttered those famous words " Now that I've used FTTF I'll NEVER cruise without it!" Yes , foolishly I uttered those words but we are going to say that I was so passionate about my feelings for FTTF that it was an excited utterance that I can not be held accountable for. ( Like the time our Assistant Director hid a LARGE fake cockroach in my in box at school in the office, I stuck my hand in there-pulled out my papers and out that thing fell- I screamed and yelled something that sounds like sit only there was a letter H in that word somewhere= excited utterance) but I digress ....back to FTTF. When we did our Spring Break cruise it was a bounce back offer booked about 4 weeks before..no FTTF the fun could be squeezed out of Carnival! So I went without it but I was convinced that I would not be enjoying this. It turned out ok! I lived! The primary reason I want it is for hubby to not to have to sit or stand for long periods of time and not to lug bags around ( me either since 3 hernia surgeries!) But we made it. So yes we can cruise without it --we just don't want to!;)

Easily worth $60 for me to skip lines at the customer information desk in the lobby areas. Those lines can take forever. This is on top of being able to get into the cabin immediately on boarding... that itself is worth $60 to me.

My thought of FTTF is this, it is a great way to make a few bucks from folks who like what it offers, both parties are getting what they want--CCL a few more $ and pax a few perks.

Personally, I couldn't care less about it. The idea of "lugging" around a carry on bag (that weighs approx 10lbs) and my backpack w my electronics in (that weighs <10lbs) while waiting for my cabin doesn't bother me.

If I had an excursion that I booked myself and NEEDED to get there ASAP, then I would book FTTF, but that's the only time.

I guess that I look at it differently than many do. If I won a contest and had a choice of FTTF or dinner for two at the specialty restaurant, I would not even think about it and pick the dinner. It just would seem that I am actually getting something concrete as a prize.

It could be because I have been Platinum for a while now and kind of take the perks for granted. My wife always claims that the best perk is the laundry - which s not even included in FTTF.

My child has ADHD and ODD, we were not able to get FTTF for our cruise a couple weeks ago. So we contacted the special needs department and they were able to give us priority boarding and disembarkment as well. Otherwise, we always will spring for the FTTF if it is available. We had just booked way too close to the sailing and it was not available.

Edited by RTRMom