Any air conditioning issues in S-class Celebrity Suite bedrooms?

Turtles06

I have a milestone birthday in the not too distant future, and as luck would have it, there's a great Celebrity Suite on the slant of the hump (huge, deep balcony) open on my favorite ship, the Silhouette. We haven't traveled in a suite on X before. I've been in this suite on a cabin crawl, so I know the layout, but I have a question about the air conditioning for those who have sailed in Celebrity Suites on S-class ships:

The bedroom is in a small, separate room -- are there any a/c issues? This would be a Caribbean cruise, so a bedroom that's not cool enough would be a concern.

Thanks for any help!

Have you checked the Sticky above...S class cabin spreadsheet.

Also it would be helpful If you tell us the room nUmber of the stateroom you are inquiring about

I think the OP, whilst had a specific cabin in mind is generically asking about airflow issues in the smallish master bedroom of the CS suites.

I too would be concerned that such a small space would get stuffy without sufficient AC airflow [emoji33]❄️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We stayed in a Celebrity Suite on Eclipse for our March Caribbean cruise and had no issues with the air conditioning in the bed room. My only complaint about the a/c is general and not just to this suite is that it seems Celebrity cuts power to the a/c at night so the rooms all get a bit warmer.

We stayed in a Celebrity Suite on Eclipse for our March Caribbean cruise and had no issues with the air conditioning in the bed room. My only complaint about the a/c is general and not just to this suite is that it seems Celebrity cuts power to the a/c at night so the rooms all get a bit warmer.

I'd beg to differ about cutting power. We are currently on the Equinox and usually at night I have to get up and turn down the ac as it was getting too cold for the past 8 days

We have stayed in S-class Celebrity Suites twice. We have had not problems with the AC. There are actually two thermostats, one in the living area and one in the bedroom. It took me a couple of days to figure this out. The bedroom was cold and I would turn the one in the living area up then it would be warm in the living area but still cold in the bedroom. On the second day I said something to the butler and he showed me the one right there in plain sight in the bedroom, duh.

I believe we had our own separate control for the bedroom. We had no issues on Eclipse in the fall. Keep the door open to the main room, it'll help air flow.

Enjoy your suite life. We typically sail sky suites and the Celebrity Suite was a "one off" for us because the price lowered to nearly the same as the sky suite we had booked. We liked the L shaped sofa but prefer the open concept of the sky suite and that's what we have gone back to (two more booked).

Once you book a suite it'll be hard to go back, with the extra all-inclusive perks and Luminae and Michael's Club. We have decided that unless something changes it's going to be the way we sail from now on. Luminae is the best thing to happen to Celebrity in a long, long time.

Never had a problem maintaining the desired temperature. There is a separate thermostat in the bedroom and living room.

Sometimes the thermostat has to be adjusted depending on how the sun hits the room and the build up of heat caused by the solar effect.

We has a CS on our first Equinox cruise. No issues at all re AC. However, I really disliked the room layout, hated the 'enclosed' bedroom and found the lounge was just a very large L shaped sofa..... Since then we have booked RS or PH....if I am totally honest now Sky Suites have access to Michael's Club, given the option on S ships I would book an S1 before a CS unless there was a third guest in the room in which case I would definately go for a RS.

Sorry to have moved from your initial question, no issues with AC!...

We recently had a CS on Connie (M-class, but the same master bedroom configuration). There were two thermostats, but we found the bedroom was always cooler than the living room no matter how we set them! So no worries about the bedroom being stuffy or over warm!

Thanks everyone for the very helpful replies above! (It's why I love Cruise Critic so much.) The thermostat in the sitting room area is visible in many photos I've seen of the CS, but I did not see one in photos of the bedroom, so it's great to know there's a separate control.

I do appreciate those who have pointed out that they prefer the more open stateroom of the Sky Suites than the CS with the enclosed bedroom. We've sailed in an aft-facing FV on the Infinity, with the separate bedroom, and it was just fine for us. The CS we are booking on the Silhouette is on the slant of the hump, so it has an enormous balcony -- deep as well as long, and that's a huge plus for us, especially on a Caribbean cruise. And of course it's right next to the mid-ship elevators, our preferred location on S-class ships.

Thank you all again!

(Can't wait to experience Luminae. :) )