Dining reservation times times online don't match

BayGirl22

I made a few reservations on MyNCL for both MDR and specialty restaurants. When I look at my account online the times are off, 30 minutes earlier than I want. I made a few more days later and they appeared right. I started to think it was my error, but then I got the email confirmation and they are all right on the pdf.

Anyone have this issue? I can't re-book them because the times are no longer available. Should I just go with the times on my confirmation, which are what I want, or is this going to be a mess when we show up 30 minutes later? Do I need to call?

I'm in pst btw and my first meal with an issue is out of Seattle, so it shouldn't be a time zone issue.

I made a few reservations on MyNCL for both MDR and specialty restaurants. When I look at my account online the times are off, 30 minutes earlier than I want. I made a few more days later and they appeared right. I started to think it was my error, but then I got the email confirmation and they are all right on the pdf.

Anyone have this issue? I can't re-book them because the times are no longer available. Should I just go with the times on my confirmation, which are what I want, or is this going to be a mess when we show up 30 minutes later? Do I need to call?

I'm in pst btw and my first meal with an issue is out of Seattle, so it shouldn't be a time zone issue.

Last year on our 14 night cruise we booked 8 night specialty dining on line. On the ship only the first night registered. Thank goodness I printed and brought my confirmation on board or we would have been out of luck.

Yes

MyNCL times are different than my email confirmation on our dinner reservations.

Just take your email confirmation with you.

I had the same thing occur. Called NCL, who confirmed my original requests were actually what they have on file. They gave the same advice - take the email confirmation with you to be sure.

This exact thing happened to me on our recent Breakaway sailing. I did go to guest services to correct it, but all of the specialties were full. We had to take the later by 30 minute reservations that were the mistaken ones.

Not ideal, but it didn't ruin the trip by any means.

Glad its not just me. Maybe I'll forward the email to my sales guy and see if they can fix it. We don't want the 30 minute earlier times. One night we're dropping the kids off at 7 and having dinner at 7:30, so 7:00 won't work because of the kids club hours.

Are all the restaurants really as booked as they look online or do more spots open during the cruise? Our ship is sold out but I didn't think "freestyle" would mean we needed to make reservations to eat between 6 and 7:30 at any restaurant. I'm usually a planner but didn't think it was necessary this time.

Glad its not just me. Maybe I'll forward the email to my sales guy and see if they can fix it. We don't want the 30 minute earlier times. One night we're dropping the kids off at 7 and having dinner at 7:30, so 7:00 won't work because of the kids club hours.

Are all the restaurants really as booked as they look online or do more spots open during the cruise? Our ship is sold out but I didn't think "freestyle" would mean we needed to make reservations to eat between 6 and 7:30 at any restaurant. I'm usually a planner but didn't think it was necessary this time.

It's worth a shot, I would definitely email your TA or whomever you booked through. Maybe we just had bad luck with the specific days and restaurants we had reserved. And also, you still have a couple of weeks. I didn't realize the error until the day we sailed. I bet if it's just two of you they can work something out.

I agree, the reservations thing is a major freestyle letdown.

Perhaps you thought that "freestyle" meant what you wanted: a common mistake --- it really means that you are free to enjoy what NCL provides, and NCL is free to do what they want.

Perhaps you thought that "freestyle" meant what you wanted: a common mistake --- it really means that you are free to enjoy what NCL provides, and NCL is free to do what they want.

Haha yeah, I guess that's it.

I really am a big planner, but when we chose NCL last minute I thought maybe it would be a week to take off from planning and be spontaneous. Between pricey excursions that sell out and limited family-friendly dining times, I'm back to planning. I'm fine with it, lesson learned.

My sales guy said to just check on reservations when I board. Not what I wanted to do with my time, but I'm glad to hear they hold some back so hopefully we can move things around.

Thanks for starting this thread. This was the first time for me to book the specialties so when they opened for my cruise about a month ago, I logged on and picked each restaurant and time. Thought that was good but when I read this thread about confirmations, I realized I must have done something wrong because I didn't get any confirmation.

I immediately re-booked what I wanted and all but one out of six still had my date and time available. That one had to be booked 1/2 hr later.

All now confirmed and printed. Thanks again. Ellie